+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 3/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Tada
    Quote Originally Posted by alohatami View Post
    I don't understand - how can they get a unanimous vote if the contestants can't vote for themselves? With that rule, it'll never happen - at best they'd be off by one vote... Or am I missing something here?
    There can, and has to be, exactly one vote that is different to win; JD explained this during the vote count.
    Last edited by Tada; 03-23-2006 at 04:25 AM.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i didn't like the "you cant vote for yourself" rule... that was part of the appeal of the premise- getting everybody to agree on one winner, and picking yourself should be a viable option... in fact coming up with strategies to entice people not to pick themselves (see testicular cancer startegy) would have made for interesting TV-
    all of a sudden the game isnt exactly Unanimous!

i also agree that the likely outcome of this game- is that stubborn people will let the money board dwindle down to a point where people stop caring about the money and would rather be out of the "bunker". my guess is that point is somewhere in the 75-90K range.

There are manipulating possibilities- like climate control, food (turn up the heat, and feed em peanut butter) that would certainly influence the "fun" factor!

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I wonder what will be the motivation to remain in the bunker after you’ve been eliminated from the game. Why not just leave and thereby decrease the money by half? Unless you’ve bonded with someone and want to stay and help them win the pot. Or unless you really hate someone and want to stay and block them from winning.
    Very interesting point.
    What?! Am I still here?

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    I'm already sick of minister chick.
    Boy it didn't take long for her to start getting under the skin did it?

i didn't like the "you cant vote for yourself" rule... that was part of the appeal of the premise- getting everybody to agree on one winner, and picking yourself should be a viable option...
    Stored deep in my junkyard of a memory is a story about Miss Congeniality voting one year at the Miss America contest where each and every woman voted for herself, making for a 50-way tie. That's when they instituted a "can't vote for yourself" policy.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You'd have to be able to for it to be unan1mous.
    If you could vote for your self why would anyone ever vote for anyone else?

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    that's the unique point of the game... you actually have to use a strategy and sell yourself to convince everyone else you are the most deserving of the money... if not- you suffer longer in the bunker and the winning payout is not as much...

and obviously this isn't the Miss America contest, maybe the anti- Miss America contest. I imagine if you took all 50 Ms. America contestants from their cushy Vegas resort to a Ca. bunker in less then ideal living conditions that it wouldn't take them too long to come up with one winner- just to get the hell out of there...

John was wrong about that, but if he were right, that would be what made the game difficult and interesting, wouldn't it? Definitely on the improbable side, but it was force people to be at their most convincing and manipulative. Which isn't really a great trait to look for in, say, a best friend, but good television.

Those things will still come into play here, just not to the same degree.
    Last edited by Amanda; 03-23-2006 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Because my grammar doesn't have to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    So if someone files for bankruptcy and the government or your creditors or whoever finds out that you actually had money all along...can you get into trouble for that? Isn't that like fraud?????

Wonder what denomination of the ministry is she in and does her congregation know that she is a liar and a cheat???! Doesn't the bible also say "thou shalt not lie, cheat or steal?" Then doesn't that mean she'll have a seat right next to the gay guy in hell?(by her definition, he'll be in hell)
    Maybe they can put her in a cell with Richard Hatch. Two tax cheats, one an avowed gay hating minister, one an out of the closet gay. Now that would be a reality show for the ages.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar
    I totally agree. Back when I was acting (which was a few years ago even) they were starting to cast unknown actors in reality shows that were not actually reality shows, so I could buy that this happened here. And you are right, Joe Schmo is what I meant. I get all these shows confused

I think it's totally possible that a handbag designer would want to be an actor. Look at Monica Lewinsky This could just be her first gig. I am sure if they did cast actors, they cast people without much experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness View Post
    These characters are all too stereotypical. I smell actors.

Mental ward character has that "mental ward" kinda look to him. If I was casting, he'd be the guy.

Professional gambler looks too much the part, too. If you watch those poker shows, a lot of those gamblers don't look like the Hollywood version.

Look at the breakdown of character types. So the producers are sitting around making a list of the most interesting character types: pretty girl, handsome guy, gay guy, athiest, minister, truck driver, designer, temp guy (basically out-of-work guy) . . . and another I'm forgetting. Perfect. Now they make a list of "secrets". Oooooh, let's have one one of them an ex-mental patient! And a cheat who files for bankruptcy - yeah that'll be really good played out in this type of game. And how 'bout somebody who was caught carrying a gun? No, wait, lotsa people do that. Let's say "ammunition" then, that sounds scary.

I could be wrong. But I'm almost certain this is a joke on us.
    Perfection is just fine by me!

+ Reply to Thread