+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7/7 Episode Preview: Spoilers

7/7 Episode Preview: Spoilers

THREE COUPLES REMAIN, BUT WHICH COUPLE WILL QUIT THE TEST AND FORFEIT
    THE $100,000 TO SAVE THEIR RELATIONSHIP? WHICH COUPLES WILL RISK IT ALL?
    FIND OUT ON ABC'S "THE ULTIMATE LOVE TEST," WEDNESDAY, JULY 7

"Episode 106" - After a visit with their loved ones, Heather, Amber and Jayre struggle with their emotions and have some tough decisions ahead of them. It's time for these couples to leave Cabo and venture out to new romantic locations to truly test their love, on "The Ultimate Love Test," WEDNESDAY, JULY 7 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

While Heather discovers that Frank might not be the guy she thought he was, C.R. sweeps her off to San Francisco for a romantic weekend. Meanwhile, Frank realizes that he is in love with Heather and makes the big decision to move out of his family's home and in with her. Eager to quench Amber's thirst for spontaneity, Roy sweeps her off to sunny Santa Barbara and further away from Diego. At home, Diego shows real concern that he may be losing Amber forever. Jayre's three fantasy women invite him for a wild weekend in Las Vegas, where anything can happen... but will he go for the fun and risk losing Carolyn, or forfeit the money and go back to New Jersey?

"The Ultimate Love Test" is produced by Renegade 83 in association with Assisted Reality. David Garfinkle, Jay Renfroe and Clay Newbill are executive producers.

This program carries a TV-PG,L parental guideline.

Ah...this tells me that it's Jayre and Carolyn that quit. Good for them.

LG.
    I'm with you, WomynLee, and think that Jayre flies back to New York, flowers in hand, and tries to patch things up with Carolyn.

and then there will be two couples left . . .
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

No. That's what they want us to think.

Recall the wording in last week's preview. It tells us that another couple quits, but minces words enough to tell me that it won't happen this week.

So, my guess is that no one quits this week. Although, the groundwork will be set for someone to do it next week.

And, I can't see that it will be Jayre and Carolyn. Of all the tempted players so far, Jayre is the only one who has not been seriously tempted. He knows that his dates are not real and that he's just doing some fun flirting. It's like he's spending the day at the amusement park.

But, the other three players are making some serious decisions about their future. They each have a very big decision to make at the end of the series.

Jayre's call is easy. Stick it out to the end, take the money, and tell Carolyn that these women were nothing but amusing playtoys and that she's his woman forever. It's a slam dunk.
    -- Flash

You seem like a pretty intuitive guy, Flash!
    I always believe what they want me to think... (You'd think I'd catch on after awhile!)
    I'm finding it really hard to predict who'll quit next...!

LG.
    I'm not so sure that telling Carolyn that those women meant nothing would be a "slam dunk" as she was the most upset "mate" in Cabo last week, even though she won her challenge and didn't have to buy time with the potential winnings

The only reason I see for couples to pull out at this point is to salvage a relationship that the person in Cabo both 1.) thinks is in trouble (i.e. the other person is upset), and 2.) thinks the relationship is actually worth salvaging (rather than testing the waters with someone else to continue the test). Why else walk away from $100,000, if you don't know if you really want to be in that relationship when it's all over anyway and don't want to jeopardize that future relationship any more by staying on the show.

we'll see what happens this week, if anything.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    I'm not so sure that telling Carolyn that those women meant nothing would be a "slam dunk" as she was the most upset "mate" in Cabo last week
    Yeahbut, she seems to be the kind of person who's always upset about something. She also seems to calm down pretty quickly. By the end of her ten-minute stay with Jayre, she had changed from a shrill harpy to a kissing machine. Maybe she realized that she ought to make herself more appealing when her boyfriend is lined up at the hot-babe buffet.

Besides, she ought to know that she's in good shape with Jayre. She answered six out of ten questions by saying things like, "He thinks I'm the prettiest," best dancer, etc. The two of them are a couple and they both know it.

The only reason I see for couples to pull out at this point is to salvage a relationship that the person in Cabo both 1.) thinks is in trouble (i.e. the other person is upset), and 2.) thinks the relationship is actually worth salvaging (rather than testing the waters with someone else to continue the test).
    In the long run, those are poor reasons to quit. If you are afraid that your relationship isn't strong enough to survive this relatively simple test, quitting the test won't solve any of your long-term problems.

Why else walk away from $100,000, if you don't know if you really want to be in that relationship when it's all over anyway and don't want to jeopardize that future relationship any more by staying on the show.
    One of the funny things is that we still haven't heard what they will have to do to earn the $100k. So far, everyone is assuming that the couple just needs to stand together and say that they'll stay together to win the money. But why? When did anyone tell you that?

Suppose, for example, to win the money, they have to get married right there, on the spot. A preacher steps out and opens his Bible. The check is sitting on the altar. Suddenly, it wouldn't be as easy to accept the money if they weren't sure about the relationship.

I think Jayre and Carolyn would be the only couple to get married on the show. I think Diego would agree in a flash, but Amber would decline, in order to fully examine all her options (i.e., travel the world first).

Then, in a moment that is tailor made for reality TV, Frank chickens out and C.R. steps in and asks Heather to marry him instead. She accepts and the show gives the new couple the $100k.

Unfortunately, the band breaks up in six months and then the marriage six months after that. Jayre and Carolyn stay married for 20 years.
    -- Flash

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57
    Unfortunately, the band breaks up in six months and then the marriage six months after that. Jayre and Carolyn stay married for 20 years.
    and in that whole 20 years, not a single day goes by that Carolyn doesn't remind Jayre and everyone else in earshot that he did jello shots off some hoochie's tummy in Cabo on a nationally televised program (that only about 20 of us are watching).

cute scenario, flash

LG.
    looks like the previews that indicated Jayre was the one to leave last night were dead on. I was expecting that because this isn't a Mark Burnett production, and what you expect is usually what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    looks like the previews that indicated Jayre was the one to leave last night were dead on. I was expecting that because this isn't a Mark Burnett production, and what you expect is usually what you get.
    True enough. I was really disappointed with the show in that Jayre and Carolyn seemed to be the only couple that is actually going to pass this test and stay together.

From Frank's calendar, it looks like Jayre only needed to stay on the show 2 or 3 more days to win the money.

and in that whole 20 years, not a single day goes by that Carolyn doesn't remind Jayre and everyone else in earshot that he did jello shots off some hoochie's tummy in Cabo on a nationally televised program
    While Jayre stands nearby, puffs out his chest and offers to show everyone the video. Don't you think all his friends are high-fiving him and calling him "da man"?

Each of them will be getting what they need from the experience. He gets to be the neighborhood hero and she gets something to complain about for 20 years.
    -- Flash

+ Reply to Thread