+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Roy

Yup, I'm going along with the above 2 posters, Flash-57 & butterflygirl
    I cannot figure out why he would do this show.
    Isn't he needed elsewhere?

FORT Newbie
    MOST girls are attracted to the "bad boy types"
    No they aren't. It depends on the girl and the maturity level. Usually, women prefer bad boys when they are younger; Women mature faster than men so that when they reach a point in their lives where they want a real man, the "bad boy" thing doesn't cut it. I think that's where Amber is in her life, she is growing and maturing emotionally and Diego can't keep up with her because he is waaay too immature. I know that this is unpopular on this board, but I really don't like Diego. He is one of those vapid jocks; he has a hair trigger temper and throws tantrums like a little kid when he gets angry. As someone already pointed out, all he ever talks about is working out and how dangerous it is to piss him off. Grow up already. Amber was probably attracted to his bad boy image in the beginning, but now that she has emotionally grown and wants a real man who is mature, Diego just isn't it.

He is really boring!!!!
    Sorry but Diego is the boring one. Think about it, his woman is willingly dating another guy! If Diego wasn't boring why is Amber with someone else?

which means IQ and maturity aren't very important qualities

Of course they are important qualities. Without intelligence and maturity, you might as well have a gorgeous mannequin and prop it up on your couch and stare at it all day long. Sure good looks and muscles are great but a guy also needs to have something between his ears besides empty space.

I remember seeing a survey a few years back that said starving artists make the best lovers while doctors make the worst.
    There was an article in GQ several years ago where hundreds of women were interviewed about what kind of guys make the worst lovers and it wasn't doctors, it was jocks. Hundreds of women complained about being attracted to jocks because they were so gorgeous only to be majorly disappointed in bed. There are 3 main reasons for this: #1, jocks are too focused on working on themselves and consequently their own bodies become the most important thing to them and they don't take the time out to pay attention to their partner's needs. #2, Jocks work out using quick repetetive motions and this gets ingrained into them and they carry this into sex, they just keep quickly doing the same movement over and over and over again. #3, many jocks believe that sex uses up too much of their energy and stamina and they believe that this will negatively affect their athletic performance. So they try to utilize the least amount of energy as possible during sex.

Needless to say this was a very interesting article.

I know it is a tv show with editing) who for no apparent reason other than the thrill of being on a tv show or for money (I'm not sure which of those motives is "better") is willing to date a woman that he knows is already in a relationship.
    Don't forget that Amber is willing to date him too. It takes two to tango. How committed could the Amber/Diego relationship be if she is willing to date another guy. Roy would not be able to break them up if Amber was not also willing to break up. Nobody is putting a gun to her head, she is there with Roy because she wants to be there.

to the FORT Gemmy
    Great first post

[QUOTE=Gemmy]
    There was an article in GQ several years ago where hundreds of women were interviewed about what kind of guys make the worst lovers and it wasn't doctors, it was jocks. Hundreds of women complained about being attracted to jocks because they were so gorgeous only to be majorly disappointed in bed. There are 3 main reasons for this: #1, jocks are too focused on working on themselves and consequently their own bodies become the most important thing to them and they don't take the time out to pay attention to their partner's needs. #2, Jocks work out using quick repetetive motions and this gets ingrained into them and they carry this into sex, they just keep quickly doing the same movement over and over and over again. #3, many jocks believe that sex uses up too much of their energy and stamina and they believe that this will negatively affect their athletic performance. So they try to utilize the least amount of energy as possible during sex.

Needless to say this was a very interesting article.

Sounds like an interesting article but if only a couple of hundred girls were involoved in the survey it seems to be an inaccurate survey - I don't EVER believe in magazine surveys and their results because it is such a small number of people polled and they are highly inaccurate. In my personal opinion, I find this article very inaccurate. The 3 reasons given that JOCKS make horrible "lovers" seems very "bizarre" to me. I have always been attracted to the athletic/jock type and the ones that I have had that type of relationship with were the complete "opposite" of the three examples given above - if anything, I could not keep up with them in the bedroom and they were fantastic lovers. (This includes my husband of 9 years!)

I work in a very professional environment where a chance of making it in my business without any intelligence or maturity at all -well, you would be fired today. These are highly successful people - all making over 6 figures a year from their 20's to their 60's and their are about 70 percent men and 30 percent women in my office - needless to say, as professional, intelligent, rich, many very goodlooking, and mature as these men are, most of them only want SEX, SEX, and did I mention SEX! Some are married, some are in serious relationships and some are in no relationship at all - the point I am trying to make - I am a married woman and I have had men from EVERY age group (especially over 40 years old) ask me out - and I am not talking about for tea - they are wanting SEX - they don't have any respect for their wives, girlfriends, my husband or ME - they just want one thing and one thing only. I have had the same experience in all of my jobs and every place I have been employed - there are a few "good" men out there but MOST only think about one thing and if they can "get away with it", they will. I also have a good friend that is a Nurse and the Doctors hit on her religiously - they are all married - so is she - she even had one Doctor (I've never seen him, but in her opinion he is gorgeous and is married) in the hospitial she works for ask her to come and work for him and he would pay her salary out of his checkbook because when he tried to hire her he was told that it was not in the budget - so he was willing to pay close to $40,000 per year for her to come work for him - Do you think he was ONLY wanting her to "take care of the patients" - hardly, since he had touched her on her behind several times in the break room - It does not matter what career, how much money they make, what their IQ is, or what their age is, MOST MEN will cheat if given the opportunity and it is so repulsive - Dr. Roy may be a "good guy" now but given time with his profession as a Doctor and being away from his wife - he will probably stray as well - Doctors are notorious cheaters.
    Last edited by butterflygirl; 06-27-2004 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemmy
    Sorry but Diego is the boring one. Think about it, his woman is willingly dating another guy! If Diego wasn't boring why is Amber with someone else?

Don't forget that Amber is willing to date him too. It takes two to tango. How committed could the Amber/Diego relationship be if she is willing to date another guy. Roy would not be able to break them up if Amber was not also willing to break up. Nobody is putting a gun to her head, she is there with Roy because she wants to be there.

So far I don't see ANY "TANGO" going on between Amber and Dr. Roy - as far as her being in Cabo with Dr. Roy, I could be wrong, but I BELIEVE when these couples signed up for the show, they had NO IDEA that they would be "separated" or "tempted" by someone else. No one is holding a gun to Amber's head to be there - TRUE, but she definitely has NO LOVE INTEREST in her "tempter" nor is she "dating" Dr. Roy as of the airing of the last show. I personally believe she only went to get a chance to reflect on her life and decide what she "really wants" because all four of the couples were at a crossroad in their relationships - the show put the "tempters" there - they had NO IDEA that was part of what they signed up for - So far I have not seen anything romantic between Amber and the Doctor. I think her heart is still with Diego. If Amber decides to break up with Diego, I believe it will be to chase her dreams of traveling and her "art" - not Dr. Roy. We will have to wait and see what really happens though. JMO

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl
    MOST MEN will cheat if given the opportunity and it is so repulsive
    And most women would never do that, right? :rolleyes

Please, don't start with the man bashing. Cheating is a two way street.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    And most women would never do that, right? :rolleyes

Please, don't start with the man bashing. Cheating is a two way street.

Sorry JR. - never meant that women never cheat, it happens everyday - it just was not an issue in the show that has actually happened so I did not address that - I was speaking from my own experiences relative to what is going on with the show, and someone on the show that has cheated and the reasons given for his cheating - I NEVER meant it as "all" men cheat or to be "man bashing" - I thought I was sticking to what is going on with the show and would never say ALL women or ALL men do anything - I am very sorry that you took it that way and it was not my intentions - SORRY -
    Last edited by butterflygirl; 06-27-2004 at 10:29 PM.

So far I have not seen anything romantic between Amber and the Doctor. I think her heart is still with Diego. If Amber decides to break up with Diego, I believe it will be to chase her dreams of traveling and her "art" - not Dr. Roy.
    Right. Notice that she always speaks of Roy in a third-person, detattched way. "Roy is a great catch," "Roy is fun to be around," etc. She never says that SHE is falling for him or that he loves her (compare that to Heather, who speaks of herself and C.R. as if they were a couple).

I don't know if Amber will actually stay with Diego, but she sure won't be riding off into the sunset with Roy.

I suspect that, by the end of the eigth episode, she will be undecided on what to do with her life and take the easy path of going back to Diego and collecting the $100,000. It might take her six or so months to figure out where she really wants to go.

I hope they do a "Where Are They Now" follow up to this show.
    -- Flash

Flash-57

I totally agree with what you said - can only ONE couple win the money??? I was wondering what if two or three of the couples stick it out until the end, then what do they do about the money? I guess I missed that part. I agree about how "detached" Amber is from Roy - no ROMANCE at all - she seems totally uninterested and has even pulled away from him a couple of times - I would too!!! Anyway, I hope she at least hangs on for the money, splits it with Diego, and decide what they want to do about their relationship. Heather is way into C.R. - read that forum - C.R. kinda seems to get a little "spoilerish" in his last post. This will probably be deleted out because I don't want to give anything away but it is just a reference to take a look at what C.R. is saying as of yesterday - seems like he is trying to tell us something without actually saying anything. I believe it will come down to Carolyn and Jayre or Amber and Diego for the money - but that is JMO - that could change after we see MORE in the weeks to come!

can only ONE couple win the money???
    I think they could each win $100,000. I mean, if they all decided to stay together, how would the producers figure out who to give the money to?

Besides, we haven't really been told how they will win the money. Will they have to get married during the finale? Or do they simply have to go back to their partner? The second option seems way too easy.

And are there any strings attached? If they aren't with their chosen partner by the time the show airs, will they forfeit the money?

From the rumors I hear, though, only one couple ends up even qualifying for the money. And that's kind of sad that 3 out 4 committed relationships can fall apart so badly after they've only been apart for a couple of days.

This will probably be deleted out because I don't want to give anything away but it is just a reference to take a look at what C.R. is saying as of yesterday - seems like he is trying to tell us something without actually saying anything.
    Well, if that were the real CR, I'd think he'd be tied up by a lot of legal paperwork and not even be allowed to post anything to the internet for fear of being sued for a couple of million dollars. It would be stupid to post anything, and REALLY stupid to post using his real name.

I haven't read all the threads, but has he posted anything to indicate that he is the real deal?

I believe it will come down to Carolyn and Jayre or Amber and Diego for the money
    At this point, if I had to pick one couple only, I'd say Carolyn and Jayre. The thing going in their favor is that Jayre's women aren't really serious. They are only party girls, looking to just have a good time and then move along. So, Jayre can have a little innocent fun and then walk away with clean hands. His emotions were never really tested. The other three couples had to deal with serious suitors who, at least at the start, seemed to have high hopes of developing a long-term relationship.
    -- Flash

+ Reply to Thread