+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Roy

Quote Originally Posted by Goomba
    I don't see any real/valid reason why Roy would want a serious relationship with Amber. My guess is, he's doing what the producers are asking of him.

I'm wondering why the guy was available to woo a total stranger (with no choice of any others like on "The Bachelor") if he's such a catch to begin with.

He didn't know Amber. Doubt he'd want to tangle with Diego. If Diego and Amber split, will Ol' Roy even stick around?

Yeah, I agree with you! No offense to Amber, but I don't see any real/valid reason why Roy would want a serious relationship with Amber. My guess is, he's doing what the producers are asking of him.

He is really boring!!!! He seems so scripted and insincere - he is just a "puppet" - he is doing what he is told to do. I am sure there is some type of compensation for him in doing this. Who would go on a show to test another relationship and try to "tempt" them??? Besides, three weeks, hardly enough time to get to know someone very well and the grass always looks greener on the other side... UNTIL you are on the other side!!!! I am sure he has no real interest in Amber - I think he is only there to try to break them up and so far he is doing an excellent job at it. As far as attractive - not to me but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

FORT Regular
    He is a doctor, I am sure he is boring. Doctors are notorious workaholics. They are good for supporting a family, but they make boring partners. I remember seeing a survey a few years back that said starving artists make the best lovers while doctors make the worst. Maybe the best setup is Amber and Diego travel the world together and Roy pay for their expenses.

He is a doctor, I am sure he is boring. Doctors are notorious workaholics. They are good for supporting a family, but they make boring partners. I remember seeing a survey a few years back that said starving artists make the best lovers while doctors make the worst. Maybe the best setup is Amber and Diego travel the world together and Roy pay for their expenses.

I like that idea!!!!

Roy is dull, dull, dull - I just don't see anything in him other than someone wanting him for what he has to offer with his money....other than that, he cannot hold a conversation that I would be the least bit interested in and he is not really physically attractive - most Doctors aren't.
    I agree about the Doctor thing - one of my best friends is married to a Surgeon and I knew both of them before he finished school and they were "poor" and barely making it and they were so in love. Now he has the money rolling in, she is stuck with their three kids while he is ALWAYS working and I am scared they are about to get a divorce - PLUS every Doctor I have ever met bores me to death!!! I would only be attracted to one if I were a gold-digger and I am not. The money would be the only reason to be there because the Doctor won't be there for you!!! Maybe that's why Doctors usually marry Doctors????

FORT Newbie
    That's ridiculous that people will knock down Doctor Roy.
    He seems to have more the mental capacity and higher emotional IQ than most people out there (including Diego). Emotionally, Roy is someone who matches Amber more.
    Choosing a mate for fun and excitement is one thing, but as a person matures, choosing a mate that is emotionally understanding is even more important.

Just my two cents.

FORT Regular
    A guy is attractive if lots of girls want him. There are probably more girls that'd prefer a Brandon or Diego over Dr. Roy, which means IQ and maturity aren't very important qualities.

A guy is attractive if lots of girls want him. There are probably more girls that'd prefer a Brandon or Diego over Dr. Roy, which means IQ and maturity aren't very important qualities.

MOST girls are attracted to the "bad boy types" - besides, this show is great at their editing....these people have cameras following them around all day long and they probably do and say 100 great things, but when they do or say one bad thing - that is what shows up for us to see! We don't get to see the positive sides of these significant others that are stuck at home - they have only shown us negative things which leads me to believe they are doing some heavy duty editing to make us believe they are totally different people than what we are getting to see - then they make the "tempters" look like the greatest things on this Earth - even with the BEST editing on Dr. Roy, he is SO BORING!!!! I don't care if he is a Doctor or a Garbage Man - he is dull and not attractive at all. The only thing he brings to the table is his money. Not interested - love wins over money every time for the sincere at heart.

FORT Fan
    Okay, I'm putting my two cents in. If the rest of you don't want Dr. Roy, I will gladly have him. I find him intelligent, handsome and empathetic. Too bad I'm old enough to be his mother ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930
    Okay, I'm putting my two cents in. If the rest of you don't want Dr. Roy, I will gladly have him. I find him intelligent, handsome and empathetic. Too bad I'm old enough to be his mother ;-)

If you are not married you may still have a chance - seems like a lot of younger men are going for the older women these days!

LG.
    There is a difference between finding Asian men attractive in general and being attracted to Dr. Roy. I've known some very attractive Asian men (including someone who posts around these parts, and YOU know who you are ) who are smart, funny, good looking, etc. the whole package. Then they are oily guys of any possible ethnicity like Roy (is being portrayed, I know it is a tv show with editing) who for no apparent reason other than the thrill of being on a tv show or for money (I'm not sure which of those motives is "better") is willing to date a woman that he knows is already in a relationship. And to me anyway, as a relatively well paid professional, it appears that Roy is flaunting his wealth to Amber in an effort to impress her. To quote some country singer chick whose name escapes me: That don't impress me much.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread