+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Roy

kay
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    It's TV. One of the producers paid.

Not necessarily. Regardless, he should have paid if he asked to speak with her over lunch - to ask for her blessing to marry Amber. Just my opinion.

kay
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    What about: "Do you want to go on a reality TV show and tempt someone who is at a crossing point in their relationship, has expressed a desire to be tested, and has agreed to do so on national TV?"

I agree with you Kahuna. This whole experience sure helped Kenesha. For some people who can't sort it out in their heart themselves, something like this can provide the answer they need. If more people can find out like Kenesha that their boyfriend or girlfriend is a cheat or just want different things in life or whatever etc. then there may be fewer divorces, lost time, etc.

Instead of going on a reality tv show, why not set up a friend to be a "tempter" and see if your significant other will cheat? I am like Maveno on this point, I dont care for the idea of others coming btween couples. Relationships should be worked out privately, not publicly. I know this is the theme of this show, to test the couple and their relationship endurance, but in my opinion, it is just wrong to disrespect another couple that are already having problems in their relationship, to see if they can survive the test. I dont need a test to find out if my bf would cheat on me, would committ to me, etc.. COMMUNICATION is the key in any relationship. As far as taking time out to research these Reality TV shows, I enjoy the show enough on TV, I am not that involved in the show to search things on websites to find things to debate others about over their opinions. As far as Roy or Diego, neither would be my choice, and if I were Amber, I would just leave them both.. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kay
    I agree with you Kahuna. This whole experience sure helped Kenesha. For some people who can't sort it out in their heart themselves, something like this can provide the answer they need. If more people can find out like Kenesha that their boyfriend or girlfriend is a cheat or just want different things in life or whatever etc. then there may be fewer divorces, lost time, etc.
    Or more people on shows like Maury or Jerry Springer!

FORT Newbie
    Common sense tells me that if I am so against the idea of couples testing their
    relationships publicly, then I should not keep watching the show called The Ultimate
    Love Test and get PO from it. Yes, I know you are entitled to your opinions.

This site has gained a bit of a reputation elsewhere for trashing both RTV participants and fellow posters alike. I'm beginning to wonder if that reputation has some basis in fact.
    Well sure it does. No one goes on a reality show these days without some ulterior motive. Maybe it's greed, maybe it's a desire for fame. So, anyone on a reality show already has a major flaw and has now doubled it by flaunting the flaw on national TV.

By now, anyone who signs up for a reality show, should very much realize that they are setting themselves up as a major target for criticism.

For example, Brandon. What the heck was he thinking? In less than a day being away from his girlfriend, he's practically in the pants of another woman. Did he just forget that his every move would be on camera and shown to millions of TV viewers? It's hard to miss one or two cameramen 3 feet away from you.

So, I have no problem trashing people who knowingly paint large bullseyes on their chests.
    -- Flash

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger
    Common sense tells me that if I am so against the idea of couples testing their
    relationships publicly, then I should not keep watching the show called The Ultimate
    Love Test and get PO from it. Yes, I know you are entitled to your opinions.
    Common sense also tells ME that I can have an opinion about a show that I think totally sucks as a gauge for a healthy relationship or not. Also, just to letcha know my viewing on this crapfest.. There's nothing else on at that time that is a reality show that I'd like to watch. There is no other show/sitcom that I'd like to watch either. ULT starts at 10 pm, my time. Typically Blow Out would be on at the same time, but it's a repeat usually. I'll flip between the two, just for fun. Then, 10:30 comes and I turn it to Comedy Central where Reno 911 is on. There, I'll stay for the whole blisteringly funny half hour.

So, in response to your post.. that's my "watching schedule". For the mere minutes I spend watching it, I AM entitled to an opinion...and NO I'm not PO'd about it. I actually find myself happy and proud of my relationship. I am not on a reality show, desperately trying to find out whether I should continue fondling someone else (other than my girlfriend) in hopes of "figuring out" what's right or wrong for me. So, no.. no PO'd-ness at all.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

This site has gained a bit of a reputation elsewhere for trashing both RTV participants and fellow posters alike. I'm beginning to wonder if that reputation has some basis in fact.
    While we may "trash" RTV contestants, we certainly don't trash fellow posters. It's against the rules, you know.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna
    What about: "Do you want to go on a reality TV show and tempt someone who is at a crossing point in their relationship, has expressed a desire to be tested, and has agreed to do so on national TV?"
    Absolutely not. How stupid to even do it.

Haven't you ever had a friend who is 'fighting' with their spouse/S.O., and when your friend confides in you all those awful crappy secrets about their "sweetheart".. you agree, & say "Maybe it's best if you DON'T stay together, etc.etc..".. or even say more, but it's all basically saying how they shouldn't be together.
    THEN, time passes a little and suddenly your "friend" isn't calling you anymore because YOU suggested that they break up, or whatever. Also, your friends honey is bent outta shape at you because you were "trying to break them up".
    Happens all the time. That's why I think any relationship with "issues" and problems should be handled within the confines of your own home, between you two. Or, get a counselor... I think the last place any "possibly doomed" relationship should run to is an ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC reality show that'll exploit the tribulations.

Oh.. just to be sure we're all on the same page, this is merely an opinion that I thought I'd share.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I watch the show ..... as former President Bill Clinton said in his new autobiography "Because I can".

+ Reply to Thread