+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Roy

LG.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    Has anyone read what Amber has posted on her site about the show? There are some interesting insights in both Diego and Roy. Having opinions is one thing, but when there may be info -- perhaps even facts -- available to inform your opinions, is in not wise to seek them out?
    no-one is required or even encouraged to do "research" on the "real story" to critique the characters we see on reality tv shows here at the FORT. We treat the shows themselves as the four corners of the document, and don't look to extrinsic evidence. We know that there is editing, that this isn't "reality", yada yada yada, and don't really care what "really happened" because we're here to discuss the TV show. These rules are all laid out in the site membership rules.

As for Roy, I don't like his character. That is my opinion. I'm entitled to it. You're entitled to like him if you want. Trust me, you are not going to convince me that he's not acting like a slimeball on this show from what we've seen on this show.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by unique mindset
    Amber friend has the best opinion about the relationship with Amber and Diego she lived with them and told Amber to go for it.
    Agreed. What close friends say about stuff like this is usually pretty telling.

Quote Originally Posted by unique mindset
    If you do not follow your heart and your dreams and let someone hold you back than what is life? I rather have someone that pushes me than a slacker like Diego that has no ambition.
    I don't think Diego is a slacker. His ambition appears to be to take what he loves, which is personal growth (requires both physical & mental strength), and turning it into a business. Career guidance books preach this formula as a means to success & happiness.

I think Diego has a temper problem too. He's very self-absorbed, which IMO makes it easy for Amber to possibly date someone else. They're on the show for a reason.

As for Roy. He's nothing special, in looks or anything else for that matter. Whatever the reason for him doing the show, I don't think it gives much class to [anyone] who agrees to do it.
    Really. If someone came up to me and said "Do you wanna go on a reality show and tempt someone into possibly ending their relationship?" Even if they offered me a butt-load of money, the answer is "No".

Whether married or not, stable or not, healthy or not... a relationship between two people is just that.. a relationship. If something needs to be worked out between the couple, then it should be between the couple. There should be no interference from an outside force (ie; man or woman tempter), and by ALL MEANS the trials and tribulations of the relationship SHOULD NOT be aired on national television.
    Relationships should be treated with more class, and I think it's a sad, sad state of affairs when couples are so 'easily' rattled into dinking around with their supposed "love" for one another. It seems to be the new "fad" that was developed (or more widely accepted) in 2000... screw around with your love on a reality show.
    The participants/couples are doing it for everyone to see, they're testing the waters to see if they REALLY DO only like having sex with each other, they're stretching the limits of "acceptance" in regards to appropriate behavior..etc..etc.. all to get on television. What a load of shiat.

I don't have any high regards for ANYONE who participates in this show (or other relationship breaking reality shows). Grow some gonads and try and repair your relationship in a healthy manner, by talking to each other and working out what you need to work out, in private. and HEY.. how about NOT looking to embarrass each other in hopes that the viewing audience will gravitate toward you instead of your partner.

It's a stupid ass show. Roy is a stupid ass. Amber is a stupid ass. Diego is a stupid ass.

If you're in a relationship, treat it with respect and adoration by NOT testing it on a reality show. If you're not meant to be together, so be it. Go on the Bachelorette/Bachelor shows and try and find love then.. or Paradise Hotel, or For Love or Money, or Joe Millionaire.. any of'm.
    These shows where the already existing relationship is going to be poked and prodded, is a testament to WHY so many Americans feel like it's OK to be such whores with sex.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by kay

Also, did anyone notice in that last episode when Diego takes Amber's mom out to lunch or whatever and then gets up and just leaves, sticking Amber's mom with the bill? :nono That's kind of jerkish if you ask me.
    It's TV. One of the producers paid.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    no-one is required or even encouraged to do "research" on the "real story" to critique the characters we see on reality tv shows here at the FORT. We treat the shows themselves as the four corners of the document, and don't look to extrinsic evidence. We know that there is editing, that this isn't "reality", yada yada yada, and don't really care what "really happened" because we're here to discuss the TV show. These rules are all laid out in the site membership rules.

As for Roy, I don't like his character. That is my opinion. I'm entitled to it. You're entitled to like him if you want. Trust me, you are not going to convince me that he's not acting like a slimeball on this show from what we've seen on this show.

- I respect everyone's opinion. I've simply wondering aloud what the value of any opinion is if there is readily available evidence to the contrary. I would love to be challenged, informed, persuaded, and even moved when reading someone's considered opinion. Perhaps as a lawyer, I like to know that my opinons occasionally have teeth to them.
    Last edited by Miss Filangi; 07-17-2004 at 04:50 PM.

FORT Newbie

generalizations

i'm amazed at the generalizations that people have about others. the comments about doctors, asians, artists, lovers, people from vermont, etc. it amazes me that there are so many people who think that everyone fits into one category or another and therefore must behave the same way. ie. all doctors are notorious cheaters, artists make the best lovers, etc.

it's laughable.

I totally agree.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno - I just read your long post (#123) - and was nodding my head throughout...
    I guess because I agree with you on most of your points, is why I really haven't liked this show at all! If a relationship is in trouble, going on a reality show & having the whole country discuss what a jerk you are certainly isn't the way to fix it!!

Why do research on the "real story?" It's television. It's entertainment. We're discussing what is presented to us. We'll never know the real story. And really, do we even want to know?

I respect your opinions, but just because you're a lawyer doesn't mean your opinions should have more "teeth" than anyone else's. Nor should mine, nor anyone else's.

You might be surprised who else is a lawyer around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    If someone came up to me and said "Do you wanna go on a reality show and tempt someone into possibly ending their relationship?" Even if they offered me a butt-load of money, the answer is "No".
    What about: "Do you want to go on a reality TV show and tempt someone who is at a crossing point in their relationship, has expressed a desire to be tested, and has agreed to do so on national TV?"

+ Reply to Thread