+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Roy

Quote Originally Posted by boskeroo
    They haven't done anything sexual.
    No kidding. The closest he has come to scoring is getting a hug--not even a peck on the cheek.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57
    Well, okay, what do you think actually happened in the meeting where he was told that his mission was to date a woman who already had a boyfriend of two years? Did he stick to his Asian morals and just walk off the show?

As I say, Brooke was the class act of the show. She said she was there to strengthen Brandon and Kenesha's relationship. When she realized the whole picture, she simply walked away.
    Well, I do not want to speculate what happened in the meeting, because it's basically meaningless to speculate something you would never know the answer to. The point is, you don't know what went on there. Who are you to judge him for something you don't even know? His perception of the issue is very different from our perception of the issue. So you can call him all kinds of names based on "what you see on TV" and "what you think may have happened." While in fact, you have no idea WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. My point is, don't judge a person or a situation so hastily. It's simply not fair.
    Again, I ask you, if you were put into the same situation, would you want people to judge you for something you don't think you have committed?

I am not trying to say that Asian culture is in anyway more morality based than others. In whatever culture, there is always variation to the norm. But from what I understand of the culture- traditional, more family oriented, I do not think he would agree to doing such a thing if he knows, or have been told that that's what he is supposed to do. I believe that he tried to fight for this relationship to last simply because he really feels strongly about Amber. Which, in a reality TV sitation, might be true for him at the time. Whether he started out with the intent of breaking up two people is questionable. I think the "breaking up" is a consequence of the circumstance, not the initial intent.
    All in all, I think it's important to be fair, and non-judgemental.

I'm not judging anyone.
    I just don't like what I have seen of Roy.
    He is slimy in my opinion.
    The way he phrases what he says about Degio and Amber, trying to lead her down the path he wants her to take.
    I know this is the Roy thread, but I think that CR had acted more like a gentleman. He told Heather that he wants her to be happy no matter what, even if that means she goes back to Frank.
    I don't like the way CR treated Frank when he was there. But I think CR has acted better than Roy.
    I hope that Amber has enough sense in her head to realize that Roy is not the man for her. I don't know if Deigo is the man for her or not, but Deigo really and truly loves her from what we have been shown.
    They were living in Fantasy Land on the show and it is time for a real reality check, cause we all know these reality shows are very very far from reality.
    JMO

JR.
    jude_w80, that's what we do here. The contestants put themselves on tv, and by doing that, they are considered "fair game". People on this site can love them or hate them for ANY reason, fair or unfair.

No, we don't know these people, and don't really care to. How they are in real life does not matter. And, yes we know about editing.

FORT Newbie
    I know what you mean, and if we are talking about somebody whose action is totally whacky and crazy, that totally applies. Like those crazy girls on the bachelor, I mean, personally, I don't care about what the hell they do in their real lives either. But I like Roy, and I just don't think some people have given him the respect he deserves. Just like some people have their right to challenge these reality TV people, I think I also have my right to defend This particular reality TV person, who I think is pretty decent. I mean, if you want to judge him, judge him on his behaviour throughout the show. But not on his motivation to be on the show, or whatever that's not public domain. I am just saying what I think is right. I just don't think it's right to judge somebody when we don't know the truth.
    For example, I am not against Curly Hair's statement, because that's his/ hers opinion about what's shown on TV. I am just against making presumption about something we don't know, like his motivation of joining the show, etc. So what I am saying is, if you hate him, hate him for what you have known of him. That's all.

You like Roy, so you defend him.. some dont like Roy so they say what they dont like about him. Its good to state how you feel about someone, but you wont change what others are saying. We all are "judging" by what we see on TV. That's the fun of being able to post on this forum. Its only our opinions, not facts. Just have fun and dont worry if so and so dont like Roy.. so what.. what does it really matter?

I love you Kristin Kruek unique mindset's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly_Hair
    I'm not judging anyone.
    I just don't like what I have seen of Roy.
    He is slimy in my opinion.
    The way he phrases what he says about Degio and Amber, trying to lead her down the path he wants her to take.
    I know this is the Roy thread, but I think that CR had acted more like a gentleman. He told Heather that he wants her to be happy no matter what, even if that means she goes back to Frank.
    I don't like the way CR treated Frank when he was there. But I think CR has acted better than Roy.
    I hope that Amber has enough sense in her head to realize that Roy is not the man for her. I don't know if Deigo is the man for her or not, but Deigo really and truly loves her from what we have been shown.
    They were living in Fantasy Land on the show and it is time for a real reality check, cause we all know these reality shows are very very far from reality.
    JMO
    Roy was trying to encourage her and give her the lack of motivation that she didn't have, that is why he kept irritating “do what you love” Amber friend has the best opinion about the relationship with Amber and Diego she lived with them and told Amber to go for it.

If you do not follow your heart and your dreams and let someone hold you back than what is life? I rather have someone that pushes me than a slacker like Diego that has no ambition.

Has anyone read what Amber has posted on her site about the show? There are some interesting insights in both Diego and Roy. Having opinions is one thing, but when there may be info -- perhaps even facts -- available to inform your opinions, is in not wise to seek them out?

This site has gained a bit of a reputation elsewhere for trashing both RTV participants and fellow posters alike. I'm beginning to wonder if that reputation has some basis in fact.

FORT Regular
    LG, I think if Diego was someone a lot like Brandon, then I think a lot of people here would have no problems telling Amber to dump him and go with Roy. If Brandon wasn't such a scum, then Brooke wouldn't be viewed so heroically.

kay
    FORT Newbie
    Goomba, I totally agree with you.
    Also, why is everyone getting so overly excited about Roy's use of the word love? I use it often like "I love chocolate chip cookies". And besides I think he was saying do what you love meaning do the art thing and follow her heart, not do what you love meaning fall in love with me.

And why doesn't people see that Diego has a temper problem that even Amber doesn't like. I think Roy has been a gentleman. We can speculate all we want but Amber's friend knows her the best and wants the best for her and she even thinks she should go for Roy.

Also, did anyone notice in that last episode when Diego takes Amber's mom out to lunch or whatever and then gets up and just leaves, sticking Amber's mom with the bill? :nono That's kind of jerkish if you ask me.

+ Reply to Thread