+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Roy

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Flash-57]> Honestly, I think the show is very scripted, and most things Roy said
    > on the show is scripted.

Of course it is. Roy is a paid employee of the show.

What makes you so sure that Roy is a paid employee of the show?
    Can you provide some solid proof? If not, then you are just guessing
    and misleading people.

[QUOTE=goldfinger]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57
    > Honestly, I think the show is very scripted, and most things Roy said
    > on the show is scripted.

Of course it is. Roy is a paid employee of the show.

What makes you so sure that Roy is a paid employee of the show?
    Can you provide some solid proof? If not, then you are just guessing
    and misleading people.

Hmmm do you think he actually did this show for FREE??

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Hmmm do you think he actually did this show for FREE??

Yes. I don't think he earned any money from doing this show.
    I'd be surprised if he is a paid employee of the show like someone claimed.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfinger
    Yes. I don't think he earned any money from doing this show.
    I'd be surprised if he is a paid employee of the show like someone claimed.

I take that back.
    After doing some research, I am now no longer convinced that Roy did not
    receive any compensation from doing the show.

FORT Newbie
    hello~

wow, I did not expect my comment about Roy's words being scripted would be such a big deal. It's just my own personal reaction when I saw the word "love" being used so easily. I mean, does anyone really say that so casually in daily conversation? I did not follow the show so I really can't judge on how sincere he is. It's just my two cents after hearing that statement. I would think a good friend/ lover would say :" Do what you really want. Do what your heart tells you to do" or something like that. "Do what you love" is almost like making Amber declare her love for him or something. It's too strong, and I do not think any sensible person would want to come out like that.
    But I am not willing to judge Roy's personality based on his decision to be on the show. For all you know, everyone in this might be playing a part. Whether Roy is hired to break these two people up is questionable. I do not think his contract would say " Roy, your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to break one Amber and one Diego apart." I do not think any sane person would say:" great, let's go and do it!" Especially someone educated like Roy. Give a guy a little bit more credit than that. He is a doctor for Christ's sake! Besides, most Asian men have too much family duties, morality issues buried in their value system to do such a thing. Don't judge a person so harshly, ESPECIALLY when you don't know anything about the situation. I would not make such a hasty judgement about Roy. If you were in the same situation, I think you would appreciate the same treatment.

Whatever is said in here is just others opinions.. dont take it so personal. I think he could just be using the term "love" as a sweet name, like princess or something, maybe he wasnt insisiting any feelings of love yet. As far as being hired, I am sure they all made something out of it, besides fame. I don't honestly think they would do the show for nothing... JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jude_w80
    I do not think his contract would say " Roy, your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to break one Amber and one Diego apart." I do not think any sane person would say:" great, let's go and do it!" Give a guy a little bit more credit than that. Besides, most Asian men have too much family duties, morality issues buried in their value system to do such a thing.
    Well, okay, what do you think actually happened in the meeting where he was told that his mission was to date a woman who already had a boyfriend of two years? Did he stick to his Asian morals and just walk off the show?

As I say, Brooke was the class act of the show. She said she was there to strengthen Brandon and Kenesha's relationship. When she realized the whole picture, she simply walked away.
    -- Flash

FORT Regular
    Didn't Brooke succeed in breaking them up? Sounds like mission accomplished to me. Every tempter was on the show to break up the contestants, in Brooke's case, it was much easier than the others. I don't see how you can say she's a class act, if she did what Roy couldn't do in 3 weeks in 2 days.

LG.
    I totally disagree, Goomba. Brandon broke up Kenesha and Brandon by going after Brooke like a just-released prisoner who hadn't seen anyone in a skirt in 20 years. Brooke went on the show to flirt a little, but when she realized that this creep wanted to rip her clothes off the very first night she got the hell out of there and only wanted to stick around long enough to warn Kenesha of what a creep she was dating.

Roy seems quite intent on ending up with Amber for himself, and he knows that getting Amber to dump Diego by ripping him to shreds at every opportunity is phase one in his Amber Gettin' Plan. Yuck.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fan

culture

I don't think Asian culture is really that much more attached to sexual fidelity than other cultures. There are Asian men and women both historically and currently who cheat on their mates quite freely. No culture sends a single coherent message about issues like marital fidelity, nor has any culture ever successfully eliminated cheating. In fact, most cultures have very different spoken and unspoken rules at varying strata and the norms often differ greatly from the rules.

I have no idea what the line is supposed to be in a "made for tv" situation aimed at getting people to cross some sort of perceived line. Roy's job was to get to know Amber and possibly provide her qualities that she'd missed in her current relationship. He's done that very well. They haven't done anything sexual. Amber hasn't lied to Diego as far as I can tell. Roy hasn't lied. He's done some romantic things for a woman who's supposed to be in a relationship, but nothing suggests to me that his motive for doing them was simply malice or mischief. What I do know is that the three agreed to play out a scenario.

+ Reply to Thread