+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Roy

LG.
    she's already got the money.

I really despised Roy's "do what you love. look at all this STUFF. This [STUFF, material possessions, things you can buy with lots of MONEY] is what you love, you need to go with what you love [STUFF, MONEY]. Ok, maybe I was over-tuned in to the subliminal "go for the green" message, but he did say "look at all the STUFF" and encouarged her to think materialistically.

I actually like Amber, but I so wanted to puke listening to that, arrrrrrgh
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    she's already got the money.

I really despised Roy's "do what you love. look at all this STUFF. This [STUFF, material possessions, things you can buy with lots of MONEY] is what you love, you need to go with what you love [STUFF, MONEY]. Ok, maybe I was over-tuned in to the subliminal "go for the green" message, but he did say "look at all the STUFF" and encouarged her to think materialistically.

I actually like Amber, but I so wanted to puke listening to that, arrrrrrgh
    I kinda took it as showing her art work to the world and being reaffirmed of her talents. But either way, I don't see why it'd be despicable for Roy to ask Amber what it is she really liked. Either she did or didn't. Why is it so evil to ask?

roy tried too hard and laid it on very thick at the gallery... i cringed with what he said... but i don't blame the guy especially if he had developed strong feelings for amber... that was his last chance to win her over... either way, i think he's shown her what's out there and the doors that can open up for her...

> Honestly, I think the show is very scripted, and most things Roy said
    > on the show is scripted.

Of course it is. Roy is a paid employee of the show. Yeah, he's just a regular guy off the street, but he was hired by the show to play a specific part and say specific things, so he's an employee. I'm sure he goes to production meetings and gets daily instructions. He is free to improvise and he probably had fallen for Amber. That's just a bonus for the producers.

> All in all, he is a cute guy who decides to be on a reality TV show and
    > blow some steam off his daily life.

Except that, if your idea is correct, his idea of "blowing off steam" seems to be to try to break up a committed couple. Some people collect stamps for a hobby and some raise horses. Roy, apparently, breaks up couples just for the sport of it.

] if you care for Amber and want her to be happy, you have to at least
    ] let her reconcile her relationship with Diego first.

Exactly. Even C.R. realized that and knew that he had to let Heather go back to Frank and see what happens.

] Words can't explain how he suprised Amber with the art exhibit though.

I got some very mixed vibes from that scene. Sure, she was thrilled that her art was on display, but she seemed to be a little embarrassed. As I understand it, most artists who have a showing will spend a lot of time deciding exactly which pictures to show, how to place them, and so on. Instead, someone else made all those highly personal decisions for her. What if many of the pieces on the wall weren't her favorite ones? I'd really hate for someone else to go through my photographs and decide for me which ones are the best.

In fact, as the camera panned through them all, I saw many photos that weren't really very good or unique. Some of them looked like typical tourist photos. Others were only mildly interesting (Hot peppers? OK. A flower? Fine). I'm sure that she's a perfectly good artist, but I haven't seen anything yet that really speaks of superior talent.

} I would love to see her leave the muscle-head and move on with her life
    } and her dreams and hopefully keep Roy in the picture so that something
    } could develop between them.

What I think she should do is to stick with Diego and use the money to go on an international vacation with him. From her time on the show, and whatever vacation they take, she should get plenty of inspiration to keep her busy creating art for many years to come (in her new art studio). If she ends up creating really good art (that she can sell for more than $80), that should provide the funds to do whatever she wants to do.

: If she left with Roy.. would that mean that she wouldnt win the money??

I don't think so. They have handed her the check already. Her test is done and she won her half of the money. It doesn't really matter now whether she picks Roy, Diego, or neither.
    -- Flash

FORT Fan
    My sweetie Roy did come across differently than he has in the past. Don't know if that's because he was following a script or what. He did, however, say the most important things to Amber - determine for yourself what you want and how you want to live.

She's not going to pick Roy for anything - I don't see any attraction there at all, but I sure hope she knows that she has far more potential without Diego than with him.

FORT Fan

possible spoiler?

I was looking at Amber's own web site Amberrood.com and she has a bunch of photos of herself. One of them is a gallery of her travels. One clear destination was Thailand. She's careful not to have herself photographed with anyone else.

I'm wondering who was taking those photos.... and if Diego were travelling with her I suspect that the last place he'd be willing to go is Thailand.

just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by boskeroo
    One clear destination was Thailand. She's careful not to have herself photographed with anyone else. I'm wondering who was taking those photos.... and if Diego were travelling with her I suspect that the last place he'd be willing to go is Thailand.
    Look at the other section of the gallery with photographs. Most of them haves dates under them that show, for example, that she's been to Thailand in 200 and 2001, Alaska in 2001, Hawaii in 1999, and the Virgin Islands at some unknown date.

She's a pretty well traveled woman. All those lines she gave during the show about yearning to see the world were a little bit misleading, since she's obviously already seen a lot more than most people.

My hope is that she accepts Diego's engagement offer and then the two of them travel to exotic places with their money.
    -- Flash

FORT Fan

thanks

thanks for the clarification about the dates of her travels. I guess it says more about ABC's capsule descriptions of the contestants than anything else. I was going on their "she yearns to see the world" and hasn't had the opportunity bit and it didn't even occur to me to look for dates on the photos.

fwiw....Amber definitely hasn't sold her work a lot before if she thought $80 was a reasonable price for a photo in an LA gallery. What I saw of her work looked a bit more like art student than artist in that there was some skill and possible talent but nothing distinctive or personal about it yet. Larissa Meek from Average Joe and Fabio didn't come off as all that likeable beyond her having good Pageant manners, but her work seemed a little further along though still derivative. Amber's still quite young, but I don't see her art growing at all with Diego and its current level may be related to her personal/emtional situation. There's something tentative about it that reflects where she is internally, at least to me.
    I'm not certain that Roy would also bring it out in her either, but I think there's a better chance. The best chance for her would be to prioritize her art as her defining thing rather than which guy she is with.

Anyway, I could see the ultimate Gallery Show in Hollywood with the works of Reality Show contestants competing and then the audience determines the winner in an auction.

I love you Kristin Kruek unique mindset's Avatar
    I think roy is just trying to motivate her, it seems Amber lack confidence.

IMO, I don't think Roy is scripted at all. He sounded very much sincere and when it comes from someone highly educated, unlike the typical reality contestant, it comes off as professional or...uh.."scripted."

Also, one shouldn't put their art work in a prominent LA art gallery and sell a piece for only $80. Amber could have sold it for much more than that...and she should have! It cheapened the situation. Selling art work is different than selling merchandise. Buyers don't want to go home with a $80 dollar piece. They want to display something of "value," not cheap, on their walls. Art work is suppose to be portrayed as valuable.

+ Reply to Thread