+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Amber and Diego

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by unique mindset
    I think Amber and Diego won the money, because Diego said "we did it" and Amber will marry Diego when he propose to her because they have money now.
    Amber should look at her past to know her future.

I also think Amber and Diego won the money. They did the show for the
    100K and will not quit for any reason. However I am not so sure that
    they stay together after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by jubamai
    Firstly, all of these couples CHOSE to TEST their relationships because there were significant problems... unless they thought it would be just an easy $100,000.
    Bingo. They each went into this test thinking it would be a piece of cake (cheesecake, actually). They figured their love was strong enough to survive any stupid little test. Carolyn and Jayre were the only ones who are turning out to be right. And, ironically, they won't be winning the money.

I don't hear anyone jumping all over the others... like C.R. or the triplets, especially Eva.
    You're not paying close enough attention. I'm ragging on C.R. all the time. And, there were plenty of complaints about Eva, until everyone realized that those women weren't particularly serious about stealing Jayre away from Carolyn -- they were just looking for a fun vacation.

No your problem is with Roy. If Roy weren't showing any interest, what exactly would the TEST be? Just a trip to Mexico I guess, with a tour guide... some test.
    Yeah, kind of like Brooke and Jayre's harem. All of them backed way off when they realized what kind of situation they were in.

Roy? Well, early on, it must have been apparent to him that Amber was not interested in a romantic relationship with him. Plus, he had to realize what it would look like on TV, trying to steal another man's woman (especially when she didn't want to be stolen). He even said at one point that he felt bad for what he was doing. And, with all that in mind, he went ahead and tried anyway.
    -- Flash

FORT Newbie

my problems is with...

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57
    Roy? Well, early on, it must have been apparent to him that Amber was not interested in a romantic relationship with him. Plus, he had to realize what it would look like on TV, trying to steal another man's woman (especially when she didn't want to be stolen). He even said at one point that he felt bad for what he was doing. And, with all that in mind, he went ahead and tried anyway.
    Come on, should Diego just say," lay off my girl for the next 3 wks and I won't hurt you." Then, " just give me my damn money."

my problem was with the poster who ragged on Roy then went and said how she liked CR. that's sooo hypocritical it makes me spit. I've seen sooo much ragging on Roy, questioning his motives, his intentions, questioning even his PhD and passion for treating cancer, and generalizing about Doctors.... it just makes me sick.

Roy might be assuming that she is just holding back. The tempters, unlike other shows, are not told to feign interest. They have all been genuinely interested initially and in the context of the Test, they all knew that the couples had both agreed to test their relationships bc there was something missing. So it's all above board. What the 'CONTESTANTS' DO is up to them. Brook left cuz Brandon is just an overbearing creep. The 3 gals were still going to have fun with Jayre after that Q&A, especially Eva. CR and Roy were both open to going farther and let it be known. If they all laid off, there is no "ULTIMATE LOVE TEST" and the couples learn nothing... just get paid a lot of money as if it will cure what problems they had in the first place... yeah right... and go back to the same lives they left.

So the question is: What is the Ultimate Love Test if the tempters just hang around play host?
    Last edited by jubamai; 07-09-2004 at 04:44 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Have you all forgotten that none of these contestants are married? I don't see a ring on their fingers. Every one of them have the right to explore their options. If Amber wants to explore new things, let her. If Roy wants to pursue Amber, let him. If Diego wants to go workout, let him.
    This is how it is in real life. Just because you're bf/gf doesn't mean you're married. In fact, some girls have multiple bfs.

Amber has the right to get to know Roy - she's not married you know? Come on now, not every relationship turns out to be a fantasy. And usually that's best because you won't know what you want until you experience everything. That's what Amber is doing now and i applaud her for that. I see way too many young couples get married only to feel like they're stuck in a hole a few years later.... -then divorce/problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jubamai
    If they all laid off, there is no "ULTIMATE LOVE TEST" and the couples learn nothing... just get paid a lot of money as if it will cure what problems they had in the first place
    True. That would be a lame test. But, that is exactly what the producers set up. IMHO, they were extremely lucky to have one relationship break up immediately and two others slowly disintegrate over the course of a week.

It seems to me to be far more likely that they should have ended up with four couples that all turned out like Carolyn and Jayre, with the one partner just having a fun party time, but no serious involvement.

Think about the serious couples you know. How many of them would self-destruct if one of them went on a two-week vacation?

This show, as designed, should have resulted in a huge thud. They managed to do their homework and correctly pick 3 out of 4 couples that were on the edge of breakup.
    -- Flash

Quote Originally Posted by aman
    This is how it is in real life. Just because you're bf/gf doesn't mean you're married. In fact, some girls have multiple bfs.
    I am not married, but I have an engagement ring on my finger which makes me committed to my relationship, so therefore I wouldn't think having multiple bfs is condoned here. Also, if you are in a serious committed relationship, ring or no ring, I wouldnt think having multiple partners would be accepted. Nor would I accept it that my boyfriend would have multiple gfs. If we were going to do that why be in a committed relationship?? Oh BTW.. my last hubby checked his options of having a girlfriend while being married to me, that's why we ended up divorced.

I think Amber and Diego will win the $ in the end but not the real "ultimate love test." Hands down, Jayre won that by choosing Carol over the "triple threat" and the chance to win $100k. I think Amber realizes her priority is herself but it takes $ to travel and further her art career. I predict she picks Diego in the end but breaks up after and splits the winnings.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Everytime I think that maybe Diego is not so bad, he starts talking like a meat head and how he's gonna beat Roy up..... I got the feeling that Amber's friend doesn't care for Diego very much when she was talking to him about Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57

This show, as designed, should have resulted in a huge thud. They managed to do their homework and correctly pick 3 out of 4 couples that were on the edge of breakup.

It might have been more interesting if the people left at home were taken off to their own challenge. There is no equality in the test, which is part of the problem. If ABC would have bought my script, that would have been the case, and better ratings would likely have resulted. Different couples would have been required except for Brandon and Kenesha.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    It might have been more interesting if the people left at home were taken off to their own challenge. There is no equality in the test, which is part of the problem. If ABC would have bought my script, that would have been the case, and better ratings would likely have resulted. Different couples would have been required except for Brandon and Kenesha.

Zeus - NO DOUBT you would have done a better job.

+ Reply to Thread