+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Amber and Diego

VERY GOOD, Flash!!!! I like your speculations - you are a lot like me - I really analyze these things and try to figure out what happens next before it happens - I am too into this show!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash-57
    My suspicion is that she'll tell Diego that Roy's not the man for her, but that she's not sure Diego is either and that she'll need some time to think (without cameras in her face all the time). Their relationship on the show will end with a big question mark.
    This sounds right. Diego and Roy are both not right for Amber. Amber is right for Diego, but she's not right for Roy. Amber may choose to stay with Diego because it is the choice of the least resistence. But there is no way Amber and Roy are compatible for each other, they are way too mismatched.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I was pretty impressed by how Roy was acting toward Diego. When he was giving Diego his test he was kind of urging him on and trying to read the questions fast so as not to waste time. Diego's gift of the gum with the messages was also pretty sweet. Maybe he's not such a meathead after all. I think this couple will get the money in the end but probably break up soon after.

FORT Regular
    Yeah, there are plenty of "bad boys" in the big cities to keep Amber busy and help her get over Diego.

Amber has said that she remains friends with both Roy and Diego, but I have absolutely no clue what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    Amber has said that she remains friends with both Roy and Diego, but I have absolutely no clue what that means.
    I think it means exactly what it sounds like. She has decided that she does not want to date either man. She most likely dumped Roy during the show. She may or may not have stuck with Diego long enough to collect the money, but has since dumped him.
    -- Flash

Ace
    And the funny thing is that, if he changes, and becomes the good guy she hopes for, she won't be attracted to him anymore and will go looking for another "bad boy" to take his place.
    Exactly.

And the funny thing is that, if he changes, and becomes the good guy she hopes for, she won't be attracted to him anymore and will go looking for another "bad boy" to take his place.
    Maybe, but Amber is smart and I'd give her the benefit of the doubt. I once read the main reason women are attracted to so-called "bad boy" types is because bad boys have a lot of confidence (among other characteristics). Both sexes tend to find this a highly desirable trait in a partner as long as it doesn't come off as arrogance. If Diego "becomes the good guy" by losing his quick-tempered ways I think he'll remain confident and thus continue to be attractive to Amber & others.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflygirl
    I hope she does not make the mistake of leaving him only to regret it and come crawling back after she sees that some of her dreams of "Prince Charming and Money" are a little far fetched as many of us that are older and married realize - hard to know that when you are only 24, I know I still believed in "Prince Charming and the Fairy Tale" when I was that young.
    I've seen people on here say that she should go for Diego and love over money as if that's all it boils down to. I've seen couples that regret going for the passion and the dangerous relationship that they thought was love, even if they had nothing in common, and get burned later in life. I've seen couples regret going for the safe relationship with success and money as a barometer. Their are pitfalls to either way. You say you've been around enough to see that money isn't the best reason to stay with someone, but having nothing in common when a relationship becomes more about companionship after the honeymoon period is over is full of regrets as well. I don't see any little bit of chemistry between Roy and Amber but blaming him for making this an actual 'test' is pretty lame. Should they have just handed the couples the money? Also, aside from money, the guy treats cancer patients, is obviously intelligent and worldly, and is admittedly 'nice' to everyone including the guy who wants to bash in his face. I really don't get why people want to dis him like he's just some bastard.

It's as if you want to give Diego the benefit of the doubt insofar as editing... that he's not just a meathead, but all Roy is to you is an empty shell, a non-person... with money.
    Last edited by jubamai; 07-08-2004 at 08:58 AM.

Next week's preview shows Diego buying an engagement ring. It also shows Amber having to make some sort of choice. Is the end of ULT near? I guess so, but I hope not.

I don't think Diego should have gone out and bought a ring. I mean, your girlfriend just went on an ULT and it seems pretty clear that she is having second thoughts about the whole relationship. I think he should have waited for Amber to come back so they can decide where the relationship would go next.

As for Roy... he's a nice guy and all... but do you really think Amber is just going to throw everything away in VT and with Diego and move to Cali with you? :rolleyes Possibly, possibly not... but it doesn't seem like the gal is ready to make that choice yet.

+ Reply to Thread