+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live Finale Will Reveal Worth of Treasure

Live Finale Will Reveal Worth of Treasure

TREASURE'S WORTH TO BE REVEALED AS NBC'S "TREASURE HUNTERS" FINALE IS BROADCAST LIVE FROM THE NATION'S CAPITAL ON MONDAY, AUGUST 21, 9-10 P.M. ET

BURBANK August 14, 2006
    This summer, ten teams searched the globe on a wild ride to find a hidden treasure. For the final three teams, Air Force, Geniuses and the Southie Boys, their hunt will finally reach its thrilling conclusion as one team unlocks the final puzzle, and the worth of the treasure will be revealed live from Washington, D.C. on Monday, August 21 from 9-10 p.m. on NBC.

All 30 cast members will be reunited for the first time since they began their hunt, with Laird Macintosh hosting the finale.

In addition, ten people from the Genworth Financial Treasure Challenge online game will conclude their treasure hunt live on-air. The one-person teams, who have already won $10,000 each, by correctly solving the season-long online game, will try to outwit and outpace each other as they are sent on their own treasure hunt in Washington, D.C. The first person to cross the finish line will be awarded $100,000. The finalists are: Luann Bruce of Watertown, CT; Rita Calm of Lakewood, CO; Catherine Gough of Newport News, VA; Scott Gray of Brandon, MS; Helen Hull of Chanute, KS; John Jordan of Eugene, OR; Karla McGuigan of Clearfield, UT; Jeffrey Martin of Baltimore, MD; Gabe Whited of Pleasant Grove, AZ; and Marissa Woller of Aliso Viego, CA.

The "Treasure Hunters" teams are:

AIR FORCE *finalists
    Matt Rillos, 28, Highlands Ranch, CO
    Brooke Rillos, 28, Highlands Ranch, CO
    Matt Zitzlsperger, 28, Plymouth, MN

GENIUSES *finalists
    Charles Taylor, 22, Dallas, TX
    Francis Goldshmid, 20, Dallas, TX
    Sam Khurana, 21, Dallas, TX

SOUTHIE BOYS *finalists
    Matthew Mullen, 37, Los Angeles, CA
    Martin Mullen, 37, Los Angeles, CA
    John Collins, 33, Boston, MA

BROWN FAMILY
    Tonny Brown, 38, Garland, TX
    Keith Brown, 43, Corvalis, OR
    Terrance Brown, 40, Fort Worth, TX

EX-CIA
    Jacob Porter, 34, McLean, VA
    Mark West, 36, Pensacola, FL
    Todd Moore, 32, Sterling, VA

FOGAL FAMILY
    Brad Fogal, 48, Orange County, CA
    Margie Fogal, 47, Orange County, CA
    Kayte Fogal, 25, San Clemente, CA

GRAD STUDENTS
    Jessica Schilling, 27, San Diego, CA
    Melissa Schilling, 27, San Diego, CA
    Kathleen Krapfl, 26, San Diego, CA

MISS USA
    Melissa Witek, 25, Cocoa Beach, FL (Miss USA Florida 2005)
    Kaitlyn Christopher, 20, Indianapolis, IN (Miss USA Indiana 2005)
    Kristen Johnson, 24, Evanston, IL (Miss USA Kentucky 2005)

YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
    Taryn Brown, 29, New York, NY
    Drew Brown, 27, Boston, MA
    Chandra Lewis, 26, Edgewater, NJ

WILD HANLONS
    Josh Hanlon, 19, Copperas Cove, TX
    Patrick Hanlon, 39, Copperas Cove, TX
    Ben Hanlon, 50, Lampasas, TX

From the producers of "Last Comic Standing" comes NBC's "Treasure Hunters," a fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest for a promised hidden treasure. The teams must avoid elimination as they travel to historically significant locations around the globe where they decipher cryptic codes and puzzles, each with a clue leading them closer to solving the ultimate puzzle, and obtaining the coveted grand prize.

Complete Article

At least we now know the names of these people.

TREASURE'S WORTH TO BE REVEALED

Perhaps it's a Little Orphan Annie Decoder Ring!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Have they ever really said that the treasure is worth a lot?

I hope it's not a hoax...

but it's not FOX, so nevermind.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten View Post
    Have they ever really said that the treasure is worth a lot?

I hope it's not a hoax...

but it's not FOX, so nevermind.
    Super Goten, FOX just read your idea and is now developing a new show. Teams will travel around the world to find a treasure, and the team that crosses the finish line first will win a spot on Unan1mous 2!

Don't be surprised if we see it soon.

But, in response to your question, they have said a "treasure worth millions". Take that for what it's worth.

FORT Regular
    Sorry but this show has got to be the most unexciting thing I have seen in a long time. The host of this show is so damn boring that I almost fell asleep at the finale. They could have done so much with this premise but instead its just plain LAME.

FORT Regular

Agree Completely!

Quote Originally Posted by mish22 View Post
    Sorry but this show has got to be the most unexciting thing I have seen in a long time. The host of this show is so damn boring that I almost fell asleep at the finale. They could have done so much with this premise but instead its just plain LAME.
    I could not agree with you more! I hate every minute I wasted watching this sorry excuse for entertainment.

FORT Fogey
    I totally agree - 15 min. and it was over - I wish I'd watched Closer! What a waste of an hour!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    I was totally surprised they gave away $3 million. That has to make it the most expensive prize in reality TV history.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

My husband and I really like this show. I think they could have done a lot of things different in the finale, but overall the series was enjoyable.

I too was very surprised at the amount. They each got $1 million instead of having to split the money. Wow, that's a huge prize. But Genworth got so much advertising out of this show it had to be worth it. Their product was mentioned so many times, and flashed on the screen so often that I imagine it was well worth that amount.

I read the fine print.....its 3 million..over 25 years! Its some type of anunity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast