+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Live Finale Will Reveal Worth of Treasure

if i where the geniuses, id sue for a lump sum.............

haha

OMG, another annuity. Didn't For Love Or Money dance around the million dollar prize by using an annuity which was basically worth about $15,000/year after taxes? I wonder if you could take a lump sum. At least the Geniuses were using it for education, med school. Very admirable.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvcures1 View Post
    I read the fine print.....its 3 million..over 25 years! Its some type of anunity.
    I'd take it - where do I sign up.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

If you split it three ways to the $1,000,000 apiece, it ends up being $40,000 a year for 25 years--pretaxes, of course. It will probably end up half of that amount. Not nearly as appealing as a million dollars, but you know these crazy kids today. This way they can't blow it all at one time.

FORT Fanatic
    I saw the fine print too. At first I thought it said 75 years! But I'm sure it's 25. The real winner here is probably Genworth Financial. They got a lot of ad time out of this show,although with the low ratings maybe it wasn't that great of a deal. I did read where the winners can take a lump-sum payout, but it's figured at present value, which means it might be something like $400,000 in cash. I haven't done PV's since college, but I know it's always a big drop down. At least on Survivor you actually get a million.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12