+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The editing was good for last night's show because I was anxious as all get out almost the entire hour.

How are they going to work out a live finale? Everyone sitting around and looking at recaps as they watch the final leg unfold, with the winners having to remain mum until they are revealed?

At one point I saw the key glyph right above Francis's head and I wanted to smack him.

I wonder the same thing. I am guessing the 'live finale' will be the online game winner's treasure hunt interspersed with the taped finale of AF, Southies and Geniuses?
    AF has got to win! They are the only ones left who still have their dignity.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

geniuses will win. the other teams will get to the chamber and it will all seem neck and neck, but the geniuses have had enough time to at least figure the first portion of it out and they will get the treasure before the others (unless air force figures it out REALLY fast)

anyways go geniuses!

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird View Post
    It's cool seeing the teams in places I've visited. I took my first trip to D.C last Fall and we went to the Library of Congress. It's spectacular.
    And my first thought was: How much did they pay to get into the main collection; and then I realized everything was in the Reading Room collection. Still, the network probably had to pay for security.

If the Genius' win this, I admit I will probably cry tears of rage.

When the Genius' don't win this, it will be a crushing (but hysterically funny) loss considering how much more time they had alone to find the treasure. We will no doubt once again be treated to the "dumb down" excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    If the Genius' win this, I admit I will probably cry tears of rage.

When the Genius' don't win this, it will be a crushing (but hysterically funny) loss considering how much more time they had alone to find the treasure. We will no doubt once again be treated to the "dumb down" excuse.
    I am with you. I do hope the Genius' don't win. They have been tied for dead last so many times and managed to squeak by to stay in the game. The Air Force has come out in the lead more often (except once when they were led astray by the French girls and foolishly followed the Fogels). The Air Force's has earned the win but the Genius' got lucky by good navigating on the last leg. I'd hate to see luck winning out over the Air Force formidable skill in analyzing the clues and good decision making. Besides, the Genius' just irritate me no end, especially the arrogant know-it-all blond guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpie View Post
    My first post. Just had to say GO AIR FORCE! And if not them, hopefully The Southies.
    sweetpie!!

Although I have to say, I grew up as a nerd and "smart kid", so I'm kind of pulling for the Geniuses myself.

Honestly, the show has gotten better over the past couple of weeks and I don't mind any of the teams there winning.

Monday's show repeats next week.

Next week's 2 hour finale will repeat this weeks show during the first hour for any that missed it and for those that had technical difficulty.

I want the Air Force to win.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Next week's 2 hour finale will repeat this weeks show during the first hour for any that missed it and for those that had technical difficulty.

I want the Air Force to win.
    Excellent! I missed this week's episode and forgot to tape it so this is good news.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

"Deserve's got nothing to do with it"--clint eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    I am with you. I do hope the Genius' don't win. They have been tied for dead last so many times and managed to squeak by to stay in the game. The Air Force has come out in the lead more often (except once when they were led astray by the French girls and foolishly followed the Fogels). The Air Force's has earned the win but the Genius' got lucky by good navigating on the last leg. I'd hate to see luck winning out over the Air Force formidable skill in analyzing the clues and good decision making.
    I don't know if I really care who wins...but I know that I don't feel that the Air Force have "earned" the win any more than any of the other teams who made it to this final episode just because they finished first a bunch of times...and, similarly, I don't think that the Genius' DON'T "deserve" to win because they barely squeaked through...

The framework of the show gives no benefit to coming in first...or solving puzzles on your own...or already knowing things...or making the right connections. The only thing that this show does (until this final episode) is eliminate the last team to manage to get that leg's artifact.

The fact that the Air Force team did this efficiently and expeditiously each week does not tell me that they've "earned" the win... Now--neither is the reverse true...I certainly don't fault them for being able to succeed on each leg--but the show puts all of the emphasis on not being last during the shows and then figuring out the final puzzle to win...so, I think all three teams have "earned" it as much as the others...

I will say this--I was heavily leaning towards supporting Air Force during the course of this episode...because they were shown trying to put the pieces together on the way to the Library of Congress...of getting the wheels started...again, being efficient and expeditious...

And then, they figured out that they need to find The Old Printing Press based on what they read in the artifact book (or, so we're lead to believe in the editing.) For a brief moment, I was actually impressed that the show was going to put the emphasis on actually finding the clues and following them without the Lairdbot leading everyone around by the nose...

...and then, when The Geniuses found the same book...the editing showed that, in fact, a Lairdbot message WAS sent to them all...it just wasn't shown when the Air Force team went through it... Once again--just when I get emotionally involved in this show...the show lets me down...

...that is...until the whole Fort McHenry stuff... If they could just drown those stupid phones and have some faith in their game designers who have made this course challenging...but do-able...and have a little more faith that the teams that have made it this far might actually be able to put the clues together...this show could be awesome...

And the fact that I think that I've been given all of the clues that the teams have...and that I don't have a clear answer for the final cryptex...that's enough to keep me excited enough to see this puzzle resolved...

...and, assuming no more intrustions by the Lairdbot, WHICHEVER team figures out the puzzle at the end will have earned the final prize...

pg

PS--But, speaking as a tv-only viewer of this show...I have to say that the strategy to fill up most of the "live" finale with a live competition between the on-line game winners--who we've haven't spent an entire season learning about and debating about--is a rather foolish gambit...

PPS--
    Quote Originally Posted by aname
    Besides, the Genius' just irritate me no end, especially the arrogant know-it-all blond guy.
    Well, I can't argue with that...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast