+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/07 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I am thinking it is millions of some kind of coin that probably adds up to 500,000 or so. I cannot imagine a first season of a new show can give away more than Survivor or AR and not use it for advertising. Ppl might tune in just to see the reality show that was going to give away multiple millions.

In Survivor there is only 1 person to win the mil. In TAR there are 2 (except the season that must not be named). In TH there are 3 to share the prize. Will that make a difference?

Can you SMELLLLLLLLL what Gina is pouting about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saige View Post
    I am thinking it is millions of some kind of coin that probably adds up to 500,000 or so. I cannot imagine a first season of a new show can give away more than Survivor or AR and not use it for advertising. Ppl might tune in just to see the reality show that was going to give away multiple millions.
    They have done some heavy duty ad campaigns that this will be worth more than any other prizes or treaures that have been given away....

Now as for next week...will the 3 teams show up again and do the entire final search live...or has it already been taped except for maybe the last hour of the trip and that will be live...so we won't know who wins til the last minute...should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyespy View Post
    They have done some heavy duty ad campaigns that this will be worth more than any other prizes or treaures that have been given away....

Now as for next week...will the 3 teams show up again and do the entire final search live...or has it already been taped except for maybe the last hour of the trip and that will be live...so we won't know who wins til the last minute...should be good.
    from watching the show tonight sound like only part will be live.
    Bug

Traditionally, the group that has a member from the town there are doing a challenge tends to lose. Although in Amazing Race's case it has always been the final leg this happened. I was surprised that the Geniuses made the finale I was sure they were lost. Again the Geniuses read too much into the clue and lost valuable time. CIA no credit card, no key. Still does each team member get a credit card or is there only 1 per team????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Now that the forum is unlocked, please take all discussion of the online game to the appropriate thread. All the show-time discussion of it has been moved there.

What a bummer...

Can you imagine?

You know it's a close race. You're phone hasn't rung to tell you you've been eliminated...so you must still be in it... so KEEP TRYING.

You're racing to find the word that will get you your final clue. You try all sorts of words and finally, seeing the name of a boat with 7 letters...try LIBERTY.... KaaaCHING! You're clue opens and you pull out the paper... obviously the artifact you're looking for.

As has always been the case when you find artifacts...the phone rings...
    "Congratulations!!!", you're expecting... but instead - "You're out of the race".

wwhhhhHHHAAAAAAA?????????????

But we just opened the clue! ... BEFORE you called to say the other team had. How could we be OUT??!

That would have really sucked. I feel bad for Ex-CIA....what a pisser of a way to lose. Their phone rang right after they opened the clue and got the artifact - They totally thought they were in it. What a shock it must have been to hear instead that they'd JUST BARELY been beaten to the punch.

I'm actually quite content with the final three.... but I'd like to see Air Force win it. I appreciate their focus, drive...and the fact they really haven't been asses to anyone. ...well, at least compared to some of the others.

I think we're far enough along to say -
    A Great First Season. I'll watch again next year.
    Late to the Posting Party, but here all along.

I felt bad for the ex-CIA, why couldn't it be the annoying Geniuses instead?

I don't think the "Geniuses" were over-thinking as some had suggested, they have been over-confident which I hope will lead to their downfall. This episode when Francis heard the word Girard, he immediately assumed it must be Girard Avenue. The team never took the time to search "Founder's Hall Girard" which should give Girard College on South College Avenue as a result. Instead they just aimlessly drove up and down Girard.

FORT Regular
    It would have been nice to see the final two teams racing in a "split-screen," so that we could see who actually managed to get it first. The problem with the editing is that it's not actually clear to me that the Geniuses actually won--it's merely implied.

Unfortunately, unlike TAR, there's no physical check-in, only the call from Robohost. When they all have to reach the same location to retrieve the artifact, that's not a biggie. However, when, like in this episode, they can be anywhere and retrieve the clue, it's not at all obvious to me that the producers didn't elect to make the Geniuses one of the final 3 to give us someone to root against. [I don't like conspiracy theories that much, but here the circumstances very much allow for one. . . .]

The one genius didn't know how to spell Philadelphia while on the computer.
    Then the other genius that ribs him for it can't even navigate his team to the destination in his home town, even with a big lead.
    Personally, I would only rank the geniuses ahead of the Browns and the Hanlons, when it comes to intelligence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast