+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 7/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV View Post
    I hope not. Rip off DaVinci Code, I want to learn something new! I was hoping it had something to do with the fraternity that the President belongs to. Buuuut you are probably right and I'm way wrong.

If it were Priory of Sion I would think that would be more of a religious path.. not a US History one.. which is how this show is going.

I have to lean to Gingers way of thinking.. I thought greek letters or the like not Di Vinci Code
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    It was bad enough that they misled them, but then to ditch them once they were lost without apology, just a "got to go". This is hopefully a good lesson learned for them. Trust noone but your teammates and figure out the clues for yourself or you might end up on a long shortcut.
    That was very low of them to dump a bunch of people they promised to help. Weren't they American students?

Amazing how natives look as if they are on their way to work and give it up to help TAR contestents.
    The very fact that Mrs Fogal said they could have fogalled Air Force at the castle tells me that she wanted to and was outvoted by Katie and Mr who probably didn't want to go through the rest of the race being hated and fogalled themselves by ALL of the other teams.
    Funny how the one time they honored their alliance it back fired on them.

Every time I think of the faux Genius' saying that Air Force rides on their coattails I get so mad. What on earth are they talking about? They started out this ep latching onto AF and the Fogals. I'm preparing 3 voodoo dolls and one of them has mutton chops.
    That statement totally floored me and it never made any sense.This entire series Air Force has been in front and Genius always behind and fumbling.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Mantenna View Post
    Oh, and I also found it rather pathetic that it took the first set of teams four hours to figure out the heat-sensitive encryption. If you'll forgive the expression, Good Lord.
    It's certainly nice of this show to actually give us time elapsed numbers. Frequently it's hard on TAR to tell how long the teams have been at a task or how much time and effort it's actually taking. I REALLY like that TH lets us know.

That said, there are a few tasks where I've just kind of boggled at how long it took for teams to solve the puzzles. It's good that they're challenging to the participants, but somehow I just can't figure out how it takes so long to get it. A few of my favorite examples:

The Wild Hanlons in the mine. The Wild Hanlons and the night of burgers and decoding. The Mirrors (I don't know how long it would have taken ME, but I have to hope it would be less than it took most of the teams). The quilts (way to go Geniuses on that one, FINALLY someone finds the "trick" to it!). The Arrow in Dover castle (I swear that the first thing I said was "find a map and see if there's an arrow on it"). And this one, with the burning (there were two pretty now-famous ways of decoding).

They have tenacity, I'll give them that!

Anyone think that the "helpful students" that lead three teams astray were planted by the production...just to inject some drama in what would have simply been all six teams going to the same place? (Although, honestly, I suppose all six teams COULD have also followed the students...)

As far as guessing things without going through with the tasks--I think this show has it both ways... The Fogals and the Browns both skipped tasks when working with others...and certainly some teams have benefitted from OTHERS figuring out the clues and have just ridden along others' coat tails...but, I'm certain that simply guessing that the death mask was of Lafayette and knowing that Ben Franklin was a contact in France leading up to and during the Revolutionary War wouldn't have been enough to get you to the key. You still had to go to France...still had to make certain that the catacombs didn't give you another artifact...still had to go to the statue of Lafayette...still had to actually find the coin inside the death mask...still had to go to Dover to find the arrow...and find the parchment...and find the church...and figure out that you had to burn the paper to find the key...

I can't see how you'd skip ahead (other than possibly skipping the catacombs section) just by being smart...

It'd be cool if you could--but it probably wouldn't be very good tv.

As far as being disrespectful in the church goes...I've been in Westminster Abbey and I've seen other American tourists treat the place like it was Disneyland...letting their kids run everywhere, talking and shouting with each other... And I've seen people at the Abbey go up to them and correct their behavior. I was somewhat sensitive to what the teams were doing in MANY different locations so far on this show (smashing the drinking gourds at the safe house shocked me...and teaching people with the death masks that breaking something that you don't think you should be able to break is a good idea...might end up being a tragically BAD idea if they're not quick to stop people from breaking something real at some point in time...)

St. Bartholomew's church had obviously been closed for the benefit of the show...and hopefully the production crew cleaned up all of the melted candle wax...and the fake boxes the keys were in...

And it makes me appreciate TAR, which tends to create scenarios where teams can actually take in the real landmarks...and gain some understand and respect for them...(well, other than Team TAR.)

In the end, I thought this episode was more challenging than last week's...forced people to be more than just physical...more than just able to be lead around by the nose right to the finish. The problems with Treasure Hunters, in my mind, remain the same...so the show is consistent in how it is being presented...and it's still worth watching.

Especially now that Kayte won't be whining...and the Fogals won't be trying to justify their earlier poor sportsmanship...

pg

Very funny, Team Fogel-Force.

This show still irks me. Fogel-force was #1 &2, so the rest of the teams gang up to elminate them.

They hate the fogels becuase the broken an allaince, gee I guess these people never watched survivor.
    They hate air-force because they are first.

Each of the wannabe has shown huge flaws.
    I'm actually rooting for Air-force at the point.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    That said, there are a few tasks where I've just kind of boggled at how long it took for teams to solve the puzzles.
    I agree. In the church the first 3 teams took over 3.5 hours while the Genius' figured it out in little time - actually spending more time running from the other teams spying on them. I would like to know how long the last 2 teams took to figure out the clue.

I'm very tired of teams working together. It is too close to the end for this. My guess is that exCIA is trying to drag the teams to the end that will be the least threat to them.

This is one of my favorite shows right now. I feel that they just need to work out some bugs. It's a great concept and I look forward to it every week.

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Ding Dong the Fogals are gone (whoohoo no more whiny daughter)

I really hope the genius' can pull up their socks and win a few legs (not that you get anything for it)

I think the Southie boys are smarter than most people give them credit for.

Looks like Ex-CIA and Air Force anre the teams to beat but hoping genius' can pull it out.
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

I was so darn glad to see the Fogals leave can't even remember which team came in first this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    I was so darn glad to see the Fogals leave can't even remember which team came in first this time.
    First place was a 3-way tie between ex-CIA, Boston Boys and Team USA, since they teamed up for this leg of the Hunt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456