+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 7/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Bye Bye Fogals!!!!!

The mom's comment about being eliminated at home in the church made me gag.

I thought it was hysterical when the geniuses were burning the paper and keeping watch for the other teams. That one dude's facial hair makes me a little queasy.

Quote Originally Posted by chimichurri View Post
    Good question Peach. I would think they'd need to be near a wired/ wireless router in order to connect up. There must be some sort of rules that were set re: internet use. This is one more thing where we viewers are left in the dark about how the game really took place.
    I'm kind of curious, too. Although, strictly speaking, they don't need a router around: there are wireless modems that use on-board cell phones to call into a network. I saw one of the teams fooling around on the computer in their truck, so that's what I assumed they were using. Of course, if they're also using them in Paris and London, it's a really swank GSM phone card, so that's some NICE equipment!

I've been under the assumption that they were given the computers and the computers had a crippled browser on them that portaled through ask.com. That seems the easiest way for the production company to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv View Post
    I think this game is interesting. I was proud of myself tonight when I knew they were talking of Lafayette before they even arrived at the statue. I think it could use better editing and explanations of rules etc. I like how they have to work to find the artifact/clues.
    As soon as they had to break Franklin's code, I immediately thought of lemon juice and burning -- those are the two coding methods I know he used. Once they got to the church my first thought was a back room of some sort. Once it became apparent that there was only the sanctuary, I felt smart for seeing the candles. Then the cameraman and the genworth paste-in made it pretty obvious.

I also like how the clues are actually challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    When they first found the mask with the next clue saying the answer was behind the man I immediately thought the clue was in the mask. Had they thought to break it right then and there would they have been sent directly to London? I think so. Seems the entire point of the game is to solve the clue anyway you can. Myabe they someone will do this next week and be able to skip a step.
    Yeah, but would you break the compass, rip the map, or otherwise mutilate the things you were told you'd need to win the game? That would definitely take a pretty big leap of faith.

peachroses

Thanks for Lap-top Responses...now?

Ok, maybe the Ask.Com browser is limited on what information can be retrieved, but what about cell phones...... they must also have limited access otherwise they could easily call their savvy friends back home for clues or help with some of the challenges.... I agree with whoever posted earlier that suggested that the rules of the phone and laptop use be posted for a better understanding of how the game is played. I have also wondered if the teams are required to complete each task as they are on TAR. I am guessing no....
    Because I said so ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    This must be a first where the native helpers screwed up a team. This never happened in all the seasons of The Amazing Race.
    It was bad enough that they misled them, but then to ditch them once they were lost without apology, just a "got to go". This is hopefully a good lesson learned for them. Trust noone but your teammates and figure out the clues for yourself or you might end up on a long shortcut.

The very fact that Mrs Fogal said they could have fogalled Air Force at the castle tells me that she wanted to and was outvoted by Katie and Mr who probably didn't want to go through the rest of the race being hated and fogalled themselves by ALL of the other teams.

I was really mad at how dismissive the ex-CIA guys are of the Boston Boys. I wasn't happy at the 3 team unit to begin with and that just made it worse. The Boys should ditch them and side with Air Force.

Every time I think of the faux Genius' saying that Air Force rides on their coattails I get so mad. What on earth are they talking about? They started out this ep latching onto AF and the Fogals. I'm preparing 3 voodoo dolls and one of them has mutton chops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketeen
    Now that the Fogals are gone, who will serve as my children's example on how not to behave?
    Team Genius

FORT Upperclassman
    I enjoyed this episode. So many times, it seems apparent that one team/contestant will be eliminated no matter how it is edited. It was enjoyable to see the Genius team not be eliminated only because they were last to arrive at the church.

Regarding the parchment clue/puzzle, didn't any of these teams watch National Treasure?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmmm waffles View Post
    Does anyone know what the key is of?

If you would like to know (95% sure)..read on.

I'm pretty sure the key is that of the Priory of Sion( Pi-Si ) was on the key, and the climbing of the mountains tipped me off onto which the Knights Templar climbed down the mountains hiding the Priory of Sion's prized possession, in which the church wanted very badly. It is a shot about the mountain, but I'm 95% sure about the key.

I hope not. Rip off DaVinci Code, I want to learn something new! I was hoping it had something to do with the fraternity that the President belongs to. Buuuut you are probably right and I'm way wrong.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I am not a religious person, but I rather found the contestants behaviour in the church rather disrespectful. I blame the producers for that. It just doesn't seem to be the place to have a reality tv show, any more than it makes any sense to think that God takes any interest who wins (or where they are eliminated).
    Having said that, this was the episode that I have been waiting for. I have long since lost interest, but I have kept watching, hoping that this would be the episode that eliminates the Fogals. I did not notice Katye Fogal screaming so much this week. Maybe that's why the Fogals were eliminated. Perhaps the Screaming Fogal was the source of their power and/or inspiration.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by William13 View Post
    I am not a religious person, but I rather found the contestants behaviour in the church rather disrespectful. I blame the producers for that. It just doesn't seem to be the place to have a reality tv show, any more than it makes any sense to think that God takes any interest who wins (or where they are eliminated).
    I agree, William. I found the behavior in the church rather appalling. Frankly, I don't think it's necessary for one to use such language anywhere, but in a church? Yeesh. It's not even a matter of belief--it's a matter of respect and common decency.

I liked "Dad Fogal," but it is a relief on the ears to see Katye gone. Nonetheless, I did think the conclusion was a bit sad.

Oh, and I also found it rather pathetic that it took the first set of teams four hours to figure out the heat-sensitive encryption. If you'll forgive the expression, Good Lord.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast