+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 7/17 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyespy View Post
    Well I will have to say that finding that final artifact tonight will be up to pure luck
    I actually don't think that's true. It's not like the TAR Haystack task. Digging takes physical conditioning--the better condition you are, the faster you can dig, the more chance of finding something buried sooner.

There's also skill and common sense. If you don't move the dirt correctly, it keeps falling back into the hole. If you don't check under the place you are tossing the dirt FIRST, you have to move all that dirt to look there.

There also probably some observational skills which can help--how the dirt is packed, whether or not you notice the earth you are digging has been turned recently, whether or not you think that with a certain amount of objects buried and a certain shape area, if there's a mathematical way to figure more likely spots. Whether or not you notice where people have dug already (if they fill it in convincingly you might not).

That said, luck can definitely get you something QUICKER, but I doubt it can completely deny you finding something if you are in shape, and able to think clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyespy View Post
    I agree....its a shame as much as the other teams have helped each other that one of the men from one of the other teams that had already won wouldn't stay and help them dig.
    No doubt there are rules to disallow this.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    Why is only one guy digging at a time?
    No doubt there are rules telling them they can only dig one at a time.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-17-2006 at 11:16 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Can you SMELLLLLLLLL what Gina is pouting about?
    Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I hope you are joking. With the exception of Air Force (who was long gone by the time Team USA showed up) all of these teams had already been digging for hours. I doubt that they have rested other than on the drive since the tramp through the swamp and the tour of the prison. They have no idea how much sleep they will get once they make it to camp. Based on previous starts it is a predetermined departure time no matter what time they arrive at camp and whether they get a shower, clean clothes, food and/or sleep. If these women can't handle this, they deserve to go home. As soon as she mentioned food, I had a Hanlon flashback.

Well...some of these guys have stopped to help WHINEY several times...and these women haven't done that and they have been given it 100% and they could have used a break..and I agree about the food when she said she was hungry..I thought OMG do we have ANOTHER group fixing to leave to get something to eat...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird View Post
    Katey whining about holding the flashlight kills me. Would she rather be digging?????
    That's exactly what my daughter said. She's 11, and I know that she'd be less whiny than Kayte Fogal. I had to laugh when Daddy and Mama Fogal both pretty much said, "Kayte needs to shut up." I want to know if they regret not leaving her behind, because I know that *I* regret it.

I finally caught this show tonight. My interest was piqued by the great recaps. I must say that all the observations of the whining Fogal was right on point! It appears to be annoying enough just trying to figure out the clues then to have her antics on top of it... they deserve kudos for not smacking her lol.

Hangin' with Uncle Leo UGetWhatYouNeed's Avatar
    I can barely handle this whiny Fogal girl. She said she didnt like her "job" of holding the flashlight. Her parents have the patience of Job.

I had to work so I couldn't join the fun here. I just have a couple of things to say...mostly revolving around Katey. She so needs to be smacked upside the head with a two by four. I wonder if the parents were wishing they had left her behind.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I had to work so I couldn't join the fun here. I just have a couple of things to say...mostly revolving around Katey. She so needs to be smacked upside the head with a two by four. I wonder if the parents were wishing they had left her behind.
    A shovel, holes dug in the ground, the temptation must have been great.

Looks as if AF is almost 12 hours ahead of the other teams. If nothing else they will have a good nights sleep, shower and food, that is a huge advantage against the other teams. I do have to say that was a huge mieserable task very challenging, Kudos to everyone that finished it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

What a grueling leg!

The teams started out in Boston and had to travel to Brooklyn to look in the tunnel under Atlantic Ave. From there, they had to drive 700 miles South Carolina and find the plantation, then start the swamp adventure. I think someone said it took them 14 hours to get there!

I don’t know how much time was spent in the swamp, but it was in the heat of the day and extremely difficult. When they get to the boat ride, they have to decide what to do about the third teammate. Everyone leaves as a twosome (well, except for the Browns) and come back to pick up the teammate and incur a 3-hour penalty in the process. And that was just last week’s show!

Now we pick up where NBC left off last week and we have the teams completing the swamp adventure only to get to the house and look through hundreds of quilts for the clue. (Again, except for the Brown’s who have to take a 6-hour penalty at the swamp).

From there they have to drive to that theater and look at the mirrors (for many this was a lengthy process!). Then it is onto that fort, where they had to look around for the flags, find the clue, and then go to that graveyard…..and start digging!

I figure this whole leg had to have taken close to 48 hours…or more....for some of these teams.

I can totally understand the frustration of the Miss USA team and their wanting to quit. Yet, they kept at it! Baby Fogal could definitely take a few lessons from those girls!

Next week’s previews look interesting. The teams are finally heading to Europe!

The Fogal's are tooooo entertaining - they mustn't be eliminated - who would we make fun of?
    Did anyone else think that everyone's clothes looked like they had been washed? Katye was caked with mud in the swamp; in the theatre her shirt looked stained, but not encrusted with dirt. Are the players given a time- out to hose off?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey
    They probably have access to a washing machine at their destinations. It is TV, afterall, and they have to present an appealing image so as not to revulse viewers.

Oh I so agree that the Fogals must remain. Katye is a satire of a disgruntled reality contestant. They hit paydirt casting this family. She is fabulous. My favorite trauma, so far, was her flipping out over holding the flashlight. Priceless.

Oh to be a fly on the wall as she watches herself on TV. I would pay good money to see it. The smart money in on her defending herself opposed to the losing wager of being horrified and learning from the experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast