+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did it go wrong?

Where did it go wrong?

This show started out with a great premise, but it turned into a so/so show. Where, in your opinion, did it go wrong?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    When we realised that the teams could CALL each other on the cellphones and tell them the directions or the solution to the problems, etc,etc,.

No real competition IMO.

I'm not sure it has yet. The second episode sucked, but I've moderately enjoyed the last two. Robot annoys, but that's not such a big deal. And I consider the calling back and forth simply a new kind of strategy that other shows haven't chosen to explore. It makes "networking" part of the game, that's all. I have minor problems with some of the nebulousness of how they determine times, when that applies, but it seems like there MUST be a system, since there doesn't seem to be much fuss over it. And I still think the casting on this show isn't bad--even the Fogels aren't as nutty as some people on other show, although yes, they have struck closest to classic "reality show villain" behavior.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar

Not enough strong characters or drama

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    This show started out with a great premise, but it turned into a so/so show. Where, in your opinion, did it go wrong?
    There are not enough strong characters nor is there enough compelling, interesting or entertaining drama among the teams or within the teams. It's low drama with mediocre characters, in my opinion.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

FORT Fogey
    AR is not a favorite of mine and this is similar. I find it tedious to watch each team do the challenges but you can't really get away from that. I can't put my finger on it but I find myself spacing out and just want to know who got eliminated. It is missing thrill. There are times in AR when you are rooting hard for one team to surpass another and that doesn't happen here. I get little sense of time. It doesn't have enough substance, I guess.

Aside from the Hanlons and Katye, there are no distinct personalities who entertain. In all fairness to Katye, she is carrying the ball very well!

FORT Regular
    The characters are lacking. The only ones that are distinctive are the really annoying ones. I have 3 teams that I rooted for (one is gone now), but I can't remember there names. I only know them as a team. The cell phone thing is aggrivating too.

dondale

JR.
    As I mentioned in another thread, the editing is a bit "off". It's too jumpy, and sometimes I lose track of where teams are in relation to other teams.

Also, I still think that teams are getting help from the camrea guys/producers.

You've got a point, JR. I wonder how they figured out to blow on the mirror for their clue?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Upperclassman
    I favor the adventure type reality shows, Survivor, The Amazing Race, The Mole, etc. and still like this show, but agree somewhat, in that it hasn't lived up to my expectations/hopes. Where the problem is for me, is that many teams advance without solving clues as they are bunched up with other teams that will find and share the solution. Even at one point, the Fogals didn't even go to the location as they drove around aimlessly, then told to go to the next location by Team Air Force. I have a belief that, in order for the teams to advance to the next round, they need to solve all the clues. This certainly is not the case.

I don't think there is a problem in casting. The contestants are reasonably diverse although without an senior team/contestant. The individuals are entertaining. I can understand that Kayte Fogal is not popular, but I find her entertaining at this time. But a little of her can go a long way.

I agree that the editing could be better, but the group solving is still the problem for me.

I think that Treasure Hunters is a fantastic show. It is very entertaining. I don't think there is anything wrong with this show. I Love Treasure Hunters!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast