+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC Treasure Challenge game

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by piratelady View Post
    I'VE COMPLETED THE FIRST 3 CHALLENGES, NOW I'M STUCK ON 4 IN JAIL IN CONCORD MA. HAS ANYONE GOTTEN OUT? HELP
    I found the boot, the rope wrapped around the metal washer. I washer is tossed to the key's but is not long enough to reach.
    Last edited by dagwood; 07-15-2006 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piratelady View Post
    I FOUND THE BOOT, THE ROPE WRAPPED AROUND THE METAL WASHER. I WASHER IS TOSSED TO THE KEY'S BUT IS NOT LONG ENOUGHT TO REACH.
    Yes, it is long enough. It's just that you have to toss it just exactly right to make it work. I'm a keyboarder, not a mouse person, and it took me about 25 minutes to toss it correctly and release the keys. You need to pull down before you toss it up and release the mouse button.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Every time I touch the rope with my mouse it returns to the backpack. And Robohost is no help - LOL! How do you grab it to do the pull down and toss toward the keys?

Thanks, guys, I know I am not going to take the time to look up Morse code, so I guess I don't have to worry about the rest of it.

Cheers

Arielflies, did you attach the washer from the lab to your rope? It shouldn't return to your backpack after an unsuccessful toss.

Harvest, after the lab you fly to Concord, MA.

Thanks so much Kay113 - I would never have thought to combine the washer and the rope...but then, I've never had to break out of jail before. And thanks to those who discovered the slight pull down then push up to toss the roped ring. This was one that had me stumped (well - other than the stopper in the fountain last week)...though I did decode the message. Found a large print Morse Code Key on the Ask Jeeves site. I am discovering I'm lousy at puzzles, but I'll continue to play anyway.

Challenge 5

If you are stuck:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    You need to click left of the wheel to get a piece of paper.

More help:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rotate the pipes so they all connect. Use the valve that you took from the box, turn it and put the paper over the steam to reveal the writing.

Next destination:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    St Petersburg

Hope this helps.

It did, Kay, thanks a lot! My answer for this week is the same as last week. Makes me wonder if I am correct or stubborn! Do you (or anyone else) think they have it (without revealing it)?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Destination for challenge 5

Quote Originally Posted by Kay118 View Post
    If you are stuck:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    You need to click left of the wheel to get a piece of paper.

More help:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Rotate the pipes so they all connect. Use the valve that you took from the box, turn it and put the paper over the steam to reveal the writing.

Next destination:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    St Petersburg

Hope this helps.
    I don't understand where you got
    Click to see Spoiler:
    St Petersburg
    , but my answer led the paddleboat
    Click to see Spoiler:
    UP the Mississippi River to a town made famous by a native son who became a riverboat pilot and also a renowned author.
    The scrap of paper found on the paddleboat is actually a remnant of the manuscript of one of his novels about a boy and his friends in
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hannibal, Missouri

The funny thing about this game is that when I submitted the correct destination, it took me to
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hannibal
    and then to test your destination, I submitted that and instead of telling me that we could not go there--the boat took me once again to
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hannibal
    Last edited by Primetimetommie; 07-18-2006 at 12:40 PM.

FORT Newbie
    Kay118,

I'm not sure where you got the place to tell the paddle boat to go (sorry, I don't know how to do that hidden text). I got the same answer as Primetimetommie. Can you explain?

+ Reply to Thread