+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC Treasure Challenge game

the handle is in the fountain

Yeah, thanks, I finally got it, only took like 30 minutes! Totally missed the gear the first 10 times I went down by the chain room.
    We got the national mall in DC too. But that is too easy, Where is the_____? is the question so is it going to ask us where it is in DC? Guess we will have to wait to find out.
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

A lot of people seem to think it's at Ft. McHenry. That's where the star spangled banner was written by KEY. He was inspired while looking out over the water. There are many more things that point to that as a possibility.

FORT Newbie
    We are in the fort and have the cannon, but we don't see a ship sailing by. Are we doing something wrong?

First you need to go thru the other doors. You need to get a handle from the fountain and a gear from near the chain room. Deposit both items in the chain room. Go back to the cannon and sink the boat. Then take the cork you will be given and plug the fountain.

Thanks rizzo0904 - I knew I had to put a cork in it somewhere...LOL! I tried covering what's his face's looped message with it - didn't think about the fountain which, of course, can be corked. Thanks again.

I printed out a map of the National Mall and the proportions don't fit the game piece map. The Lincoln Memorial is to the left at one end then the reflecting pool then the Washington Monument. On the game map there is an off-set square which should correspond to the Ellipse but on the real map the Ellipse is directly above the Washington Monument and on the game map it is directly above the reflecting pool. Any ideas?

Warning: This contains the final board. Don't click if you don't want to see it.

This is thanks to Rassilon:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67...verlaymap3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I printed out a map of the National Mall and the proportions don't fit the game piece map. The Lincoln Memorial is to the left at one end then the reflecting pool then the Washington Monument. On the game map there is an off-set square which should correspond to the Ellipse but on the real map the Ellipse is directly above the Washington Monument and on the game map it is directly above the reflecting pool. Any ideas?
    I don't think that is the reflecting pool on the game piece. I think it is the lawn.

I'm still waiting for more clues to determine if the answer is the National Mall (I find it hard to believe the answer it that easy) or a specific location on the Mall. I didn't read the rules closely enough - if it is the National Mall and I enter that every week, does it increase my chances of having my name drawn, or is it one correct entry per player?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
    the handle is in the fountain

Thank you so much!! I got it! I thought I had clicked on the fountain previously, but, apparently not. I was so frustrated!!

+ Reply to Thread