+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC Treasure Challenge game

FORT Newbie
    well, actually, i calmed down and tried again. and i did it!!! ill try to explain it in words from memory.
    first ill make a drawing. somehow. ok.
    BE PATIENT AND DO THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND I SWEAR YOU WILL GET IT. BELIEVE ME, I TRIED IT.
    OK. so the logs arnt in this pictur but the one (at the beginning of the challenge) on 1-2 is A, the big one on 2-3 is B, and the other, on 6-4, is C.
    Do you kind of get it? I hope so. im so sorry its confusing but its the best i can do. oh, and the periods in the picture are just so the thing doesent delete the unneeded spaces. so dont mind them.
    .............9- 8
    .............| |
    ..........6-4 - 7
    ..........| |
    ......1-2--3 10--11
    ..........|
    walk to 3. Pick up B. Put B on 4-3. Walk to 4. Pick up B. Put B on 4-7. Pick up C. Walk to 7. Put C on 7-8. Walk to 4. Pick up B. Put B on 4-3. Walk to 3. Pick up B. Put B on 2-3. Walk to 2. Pick up A. Walk to 3. Put A on 3-5. Pick up B. Put B on 4-3. Pick up A. Walk to 4. Put A on 6-4. Pick up B. Put B on 4-7. Pick up A. Walk to 8. Put A on 8-9. Walk to 7. Pick up B. Walk to 9. Put B on 9-10. Walk to 10. Pick up B. Put B on 10- 11.

YOU ARE ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!! WOOHOO!!!
    i hope this was seful, ill try to help you again. if you win, you better give me a bit. lol. jk. but that would be nice
    Last edited by rosieh93; 06-27-2006 at 05:53 PM.

smm
    Got it thanks!

FORT Newbie
    no problem.

FORT Newbie
    i hope we can all help each other win this and all of us on the thread can split the money!!!

It took me a couple of tries to figure out the logs until I stopped and traced it out in my head first. The answer to the question was quite fun to figure out. I do enjoy these kinds of puzzles, which is why I'm also enjoying the show.

During the first few seasons of Amazing Race, the contestants had to solve puzzles and figure out where to go and what to do when they got there. For me, the show was much more enjoyable back then.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

ok i got the logs right away but i am can't figure out who's box it is. How can the book help me?? i keep looking but i just not getting it.
    Bug

Look at the spines of the books, and at the cover of the box.

It's Thomas Payne! The author of the second book. Don't remember which book it was, though. What did you guys submit for your answer to the final puzzle? I put Las Vegas. I was thinking out loud, WHERE IS TREASURE ISLAND??? And my husband said, "Las Vegas you doofus, that's where we were married." So I submitted. Probably wrong, but as good a guess as any. Treasure Is ? Where Is?

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    It's Thomas Payne! The author of the second book. Don't remember which book it was, though. What did you guys submit for your answer to the final puzzle? I put Las Vegas. I was thinking out loud, WHERE IS TREASURE ISLAND??? And my husband said, "Las Vegas you doofus, that's where we were married." So I submitted. Probably wrong, but as good a guess as any. Treasure Is ? Where Is?

"Where the treasure stands", "water is inspiration" made me think of the Washington Monument, because it stands so tall and has the reflecting pool at its base.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I was out of town and just finished this week's challenge. My understanding is there is only one correct final answer which is deduced from 8 weeks worth of clues. Since "where" and "is" are circled in red, a question seems to be formulating: "Where is.....?" which I think will provide the best clue to the treasure's location.

I have no idea what the final answer is but since we have 8 guesses, I figured I'd better not waste it so this week I submitted "National Mall, Washington DC".

+ Reply to Thread