+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: NBC Treasure Challenge game

FORT Newbie

Final Answer

I was just over on the NBC boards and apparently the winners were all contacted and the answer is the Lincoln Memorial. Can someone please explain to me how they got that from the clues?

Thanks all for help with the weekly games. I did fine up until the second to last, vut couldn't have finished it without you all.

FORT Newbie
    I was on the NBC Board looking at post...man what a bunch of knucle heads...this forum was much more helpful and honest...thanks for all the help...and dont believe anything you read on the NBC board. at least take it with a grain of salt. LM is not the answer it can't be none of the clues pointed to it.. besides it was not an early symbol since it was completed in around 1922...

FORT Newbie
    I saw on another board that "early symbol" may have meant that it was the first symbol given to you as a gameboard piece. Many, or even all, of the clues had something to do with Lincoln, whether it was the gamepiece in the first challenge, splitting logs, the civil war, etc. In the dome behind the fireplace you could see the Lincoln Memorial and he said "you found what you were LOOKING for."

I still think the clues pointed to the national museum of american history.

FORT Newbie
    As for the "reef" clue, Catherine Reef wrote a book on the Lincoln Memorial.
    So "the key is Reef."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel Eyes View Post
    As for the "reef" clue, Catherine Reef wrote a book on the Lincoln Memorial.
    So "the key is Reef."
    Wow they got me good. I just culdn't put them together. Oh well...always next run. It's been fun reading all your posts and helpful hints on the puzzles. There were technical glitches that I ran into and couldn't get some things to work and you guys all helped me through. Thank. It's been fun.

Oh well. I entered the Lincoln Memorial after the third challenge but was later convinced that was wrong based on remainder of the "Clues Obtained" list. We were supposed to match them with the location. I still can't put them with the Lincoln Memorial.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Newbie

8 Puzzle Pieces

Has anyone figured out which order the eight puzzle pieces go in. I can't figure it out.

FORT Newbie
    Tracy9009 said:

"I got to register my name and phone number does this mean i may have the answer right?"

Since the competition is over, what did you type in as your final answer? Nothing came up for me after I answered.

I was too dumb to solve the final cryptex thingee before the game closed, but I still don't see how the Lincoln Memorial is the treasure/answer. But then I could not put together some of the other steps in the various challenges to come up with their solutions. Oh well, since I didn't win this game, I guess it's back to buying Powerball tickets to fund my retirement.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Newbie
    As for the Lincoln Memorial, I still find it hard to believe that that is the correct answer. But since the answer has not been officially posted I guess its still up in the air. There were some good reasons pointing to it though. Someone on the NBC chatroom wrote a good response for why they thought it was Fort McHenry. I still think it is the National Museum of American History.

+ Reply to Thread