+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: NBC Treasure Challenge game

FORT Newbie

Thank You

Finally got the rollex thing to work on about the 20th try...seemed to work when I made all movements of the symbols vertically.

FORT Newbie
    Well the treasure hunting is now over!! Good Luck to everyone!! Thanks for the help!!

FORT Newbie
    thanks everybody for all of the help! its been fun. do you guys think there'll be a second season?

FORT Newbie

Help!!!

Can someone please help me? I'm trying to make the damn star and I've gone through it like 7 times and I'm afraid I'm gonna kill a tree. What should it look like and what am I supposed to see?

The Genworth Financial Treasure Challenge is now over. Winner notification will begin at approximately 10:00 AM PST on August 9, 2006. Check back soon for the list of winners and the correct answer.
    I just want to say good luck to all. Post and let everyone know if you get a call!

FORT Newbie

Anagram

Quote Originally Posted by tuabella View Post
    Hey, everyone. Thanks for all your help the last few weeks. Now it's my turn.

I just realized that I SEEK THE REEF anagrams to THE KEY IS FREE. Thought you all should know.
    "The key is free" is not an anagram of "I seek the reef." There is an extra E and no Y.

I believe the word "reef" is an anagram of "free." So the final question would be "Where is the early symbol laid out for free?"

I didn't get this far before the game closed out. I couldn't get the stupid box to open. My guess was the National Archives Building, where the constitution or Declaration of Independence (or both) is kept. I can't remember if there was a flag there or not.
    Last edited by Angel Eyes; 08-09-2006 at 01:28 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Has anyone heard what the correct answer is? Has anyone heard from NBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Eyes View Post
    "The key is free" is not an anagram of "I seek the reef." There is an extra E and no Y.

I believe the word "reef" is an anagram of "free." So the final question would be "Where is the early symbol laid out for free?"

Well, that is correct..."The key is free" is NOT an anagram of "I seek the reef". However, the poster got the anagram correct and not the original quote. The clue in the box was "I seek THY reef"...and that is a perfect anagram for "The key is free".

I had to go to bed early Monday and spent 15 hours Tuesday serving as an election judge in my local precinct...sorry to discover that I missed the early deadline for an answer.

But I have entered The Star Spangled Banner at the National Museum of American History on the Mall in Washington D.C. twice before so I think I had the answer right. I have seen no clue that makes me want to change my answer.

If we were to answer Fort McHenry in Baltimore that would mean all of the puzzle pieces for the Washington Mall are just wasted.

acu
    FORT Newbie
    I put Fort McHenry in Baltimore in the box as my final answer.

Well, after weeks of playing, I just logged on and found out I missed the deadline for this challenge. (My father-in-law passed away and we were out of town for the funeral )
    I entered The Smithsonian Museum of American History after each of the previous four challenges - looks like a lot of players agree with that answer.
    Thanks to Kay118 for all of her help and good luck to everyone.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread