+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: NBC Treasure Challenge game

Quote Originally Posted by g*star View Post
    Are the symbols center aligned, bottom aligned, what, having them move very small amounts like they do make alignment a pain in the butt!
    Center aligned. I just replayed to test it and had no problem. I wasn't that careful with the aligning and the box still opened.

FORT Newbie

Cryptex solved

Thanks!

Pushing them up to center worked and it popped open on it's own so you know when you have it.

Okay so I tried aligning them in the center spun them each direction, I know I have the right door because if you look closely you can tell which is which, and I still haven't gotten it! Maybe I should stop for tonight and get some sleep and try tomorrow! Maybe, I'm mixing up the symbols! maybe a visual aide would help? i don't know!
    Last edited by RiSa_rIsA; 08-08-2006 at 02:08 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by RiSa_rIsA View Post
    Okay so I tried aligning them in the center spun them each direction, I know I have the right door because if you look closely you can tell which is which, and I still haven't gotten it! Maybe I should stop for tonight and get some sleep and try tomorrow! Maybe, I'm mixing up the symbols! maybe a visual aide would help? i don't know!

Did you try pushing each of the wheels up slightly? Make sure the order is sun, door w/ the G, hands, envelope, and trowel.

Quote Originally Posted by RiSa_rIsA View Post
    I don't know what to suggest. Just in case, the correct door is the one below the trowel not the one below the sun. The hands is the symbol between the door and envelope.

FORT Newbie

any clues out there?

Where is the early symbol laid out for reef
    ???

could it be the flag? 13 stars and stripes?
    What about reef? Is the treasure sunken?

FORT Newbie
    "Is the treasure sunken?"

Probably not but my hopes of possibly winning this thing certainly are!

FORT Newbie

laid out for reef

I found some early shipping terms and "reef laid out" means the reef beneath you.

Could the early symbol - a flag perhaps be laid beneath you like they place on coffins at Arlington

I also found reference to reefed rigging of a sail that is slightly down from the top. Like when a flag is at half mast.

I'm not sure why I'm stuck on a flag being the symbol, but cutting out the star and the early drinking song has to be " Star-Spangled Banner".

What throws me off is wipe out the colour. Notice the European spelling of color. Does this refer to the colours of the British flag.

I'm obviously up way too late and spending too much time on this. It is frustrating me and I'm going to give it another go tomorrow. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
    Last edited by guntherize; 08-08-2006 at 03:35 AM.

Where is the early symbol laid out for free?

Over at the NBC board, they're saying that free is an anagram for reef. The early symbol refers to the Star-Spangled Banner on display at the National Museum of American History. The museum doesn't charge admission.

I'm not sure if this the correct final answer, it seems quite obvious.

FORT Newbie

Star-Spangled Banner

The Star-Spangled Banner on display at the National Museum of American History is in Maryland....correct? The 7th state in the Union... From a Genworth clue in the book that someone posted...Hmmm Could this be it???
    Last edited by guntherize; 08-08-2006 at 03:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread