+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC Treasure Challenge game

FORT Newbie

Help!!!

I am at Lotta's Fountain in San Francisco and I have no idea what to do next . Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by kw1001 View Post
    Weird thing I ran out of silver and went to use my policy and it wasn't there. I never used it or had the chance to until then but for some reason it was not in my pack.
    On Monday night, I checked my backpack as soon as I started Challenge 6 and my policy was missing (I have never used it). I checked today and it's back in my pack.

Quote Originally Posted by AvrilBaby_0602 View Post
    I am at Lotta's Fountain in San Francisco and I have no idea what to do next . Can anyone help me?
    Click on your bags of silver to start the guessing game.

My daughter and I lucked out on this game--on our second try at weighing the silver, we guessed at the right bag and got it. Then in SF, she pointed at the right cup on our second round. It seemed like there was a lot of reliance on lucky guesses in this game, unless there was another way to check on the silver that I didn't figure out.

The silver that is contaminated with sand is the one which is the lightest..
    Well, I was thinking when he said, "king of the jungle," I was, like, "Well, during the first challenge you would still be lost in the jungle if Jim and I hadn't, like, led you out. - Brooke Struck on Judd

Love is like the wind...You can't see it, but you can feel it

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_Brandon View Post
    The silver that is contaminated with sand is the one which is the lightest..
    I know, but we couldn't figure out how to weigh them other than to weigh 8 at a time; if one side was lighter, to weigh those four, and then choose one of those on the lighter side. I was hoping, of course, that they'd balance out so that the answer was obvious, but that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys View Post
    I know, but we couldn't figure out how to weigh them other than to weigh 8 at a time; if one side was lighter, to weigh those four, and then choose one of those on the lighter side. I was hoping, of course, that they'd balance out so that the answer was obvious, but that didn't happen.
    If you put three on each side you know which set of three has the light one it, as either the scale is even and it is in the three that you aren't weighing or it is in whichever group of three is lightest. You get rid of the six that aren't the ones with sand and have a group of three. You put two of them on, if it is even the one that you didn't weigh is the lightest or you know by the scale showing that one is lighter. Hope that makes sense.
    At this turning point in our relationship with Earth, we work for an evolution: from dominance to partnership; from fragmentation to connection; from insecurity, to interdependence. The David Suzuki Foundation

FORT Newbie
    hey, has anyone made it past the challenge with the paddle boat on the treasure hunters game? i cant get the paddle boat to go anywhere.

charfred, that made a lot of sense. We were kind of on our way to that, although we had too many sacks of silver on our scales. We were fortunate to come up with a lucky guess.

FORT Newbie
    I am so frustrated! I'm on challenge 6 and i'm at a globe, but it won't let me do anything else... I have no idea whats going on!!!! please help!

Quote Originally Posted by StopThatTickles View Post
    I am so frustrated! I'm on challenge 6 and i'm at a globe, but it won't let me do anything else... I have no idea whats going on!!!! please help!
    With the coordinates that he gave you, click and hold the right click to move the globe in the direction you want. hope this helps.
    "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"

+ Reply to Thread