Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: NBC Treasure Challenge game

Quote Originally Posted by Kay118 View Post
    Challenge 1: Rush to where the Treasure stands

Challenge 2: Look on water for it is inspiration

Challenge 3: In dark times, the words form

Challenge 4: Match the tune with an early drinking song

Challenge 5: Mist half covers the symbol

Do you think we should just use the circled words and ignore the rest of the clues?

Earlier someone suggested Fort McHenry as final answer. Since it's not on the National Mall, I guess we can rule it out?
    No, Kay, don't ignore the clues! -

Clue #1: The U.S. flag is, by many, considered to be our national treasure.
    Clue #2: Fort McHenry, where the Star Spangled Banner was written, is at Baltimore Harbor - water.
    Clue #3: Dark times - I took that as a reference to war.
    Clue #4: The tune for the Star Spangled Banner is an old British drinking song.
    Clue #5: In the second verse of the anthem, reference is made to mist covering part of the flag the morning after the battle - at first, Key was unsure if the flag flying over the fort was British or American.

The clues tell you what you are looking for, and the puzzle layout tells you where to look. I believe that the circled words are going to ask something to the effect of 'where is the early symbol of American (or, more correctly, U.S.) freedom located (or displayed)?'
    Last edited by cricketeen; 07-19-2006 at 12:06 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to get this off my mind:
    Is it wrong to ask FORTers to not post their final solution? I'm not trying to be selfish, Lord knows I could be totally wrong in my answer, and I'm all for helping each other, but there are a lot of lurkers reading our posts, and personally, I'd rather not give them a leg up. If that is wrong, let me know and I'll shut up.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Newbie
    Is anyone playing the challenge online? I am on challenge 5, I got my paddleboat steaming, but I can't figure out where it is supposed to go? Help

cricketeen, thanks a lot for the info. The rules state that all correct entries are entered into a random drawing for winner selection. I think with a few more puzzle pieces and clues, entrants will come up with the correct answer anyway. My odds of winning are almost nil, I'm playing because I love these types of games and puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by spiraldownr View Post
    Is anyone playing the challenge online? I am on challenge 5, I got my paddleboat steaming, but I can't figure out where it is supposed to go? Help
    You can type in either Hannibal or St Petersburg. If you need another hint, you can find this week's solution starting from page 7.

Yah, your chance of winning is slim to none. You can also enter by mailing in a post card.

FORT Newbie

Thinking it is the National Mall

I took a look at google earth (put in Washington Monument)- it is almost an exact match including building shapes - so unless there is a trick to it, I am think National Mall -

With a lot of help from this site, I finally finished Challenge 5. Thanks everyone.

FORT Newbie
    I feel really stupid but I just started challenge four and right out of the gate I have no idea what to do. All I could think of is get in the helicopter but I don't know where to go! I tried searching muckers but all I got was Thomas Edison! Can anyone help me?

Challenge 6 walkthrough

I'm using spoiler tags just in case:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Get the wheel behind the cash register.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Click fourth scroll from left on top of piano to get silver bags.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Weigh bags to get a note.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Put wheel on wagon (click between the two buildings to get there) and go to San Francisco (Lotta's fountain).

Click to see Spoiler:
    Click your silver bags to play game and win puzzle piece.

FORT Newbie
    Darellwins, you're on the right track. Now you need a destination for your helicopter related to that info...

spiraldownr, did you solve the pipe puzzle? If you did, you should be able to use another item from the boat to get a hint to the destination.

cricketeen, I would love it if people were more sparing with their hints and kept discussions of final answers as spoilers. I've been over at the NBC boards and you don't have a chance over there of trying to solve anything yourself. People just reveal stuff in the thread titles! I dunno. There's different camps about sharing/not sharing and I can see both sides. Here at FORT, members are SO respectful about spoilers wrt shows, but we don't have a lot of experience here with an online contest like this. So there's no real protocol to follow.

+ Reply to Thread