+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Episode Previews **Spoilers**

Episode Previews **Spoilers**

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...=20060605nbc17

Sunday June 18, 2006
    8:00 PM 2.0 TREASURE HUNTERS
    EPISODE #101 - SERIES PREMIERE

THE HUNT BEGINS IN NEW ADVENTURE REALITY SERIES FROM THE PRODUCERS OF "THE DA VINCI CODE" -- Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they travel to historically significant locations around the globe and are mentally and physically challenged in their quest of a promised hidden treasure. The secrets of history protects seven mysterious artifacts that when combined, will reveal the key to the treasure. As ten teams of treasure hunters begin their search, one group of five teams find themselves in Alaska and the other group in Hawaii -- neither is aware the other group exists. As each team faces mental and physical challenges beyond their expectations in their respective environments, nothing prepares them for when both groups come face to face and realize the competition just got steeper. Now, ten teams rush to the next location where a mixture of real history and brain-teasing challenges only allow nine teams to move to the next round.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...=20060612nbc03

Monday June 19, 2006
    9:00 PM 1.0 TREASURE HUNTERS
    EPISODE #102

BEND THE LIGHT -- To find the second of seven artifacts that will lead them to the treasure, the remaining nine teams must crack the secret code of Lewis & Clark as they follow in their footsteps through the American West. Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest of a promised hidden treasure.
    http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...=20060609nbc05

Monday, June 26, 2006
    TREASURE HUNTERS --(9:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-PG L)
    Episode No.103

DON'T TRUST THY NEIGHBOR -- To find the third of seven artifacts that will lead them to the treasure, the remaining eight teams must pair up to uncover the secrets of the American Revolution as they travel through America's colonial past. Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest for a promised hidden treasure.

Thank you so much Kay for providing the episode information for this show. I really appreciated it on the TAR thread and know I will find it helpful on this thread as well.

I'm going to play the interactive game at the NBC site. As of this moment, the door opens but you can't go anywhere so I signed up for their message board hoping for hints about the clues and immediately ran into flame posts. The first one showed up as first reply to the rules of conduct thread. Needless to say - another alphabet board to stay away from.

I hope this will be fun - I was hoping it wouldn't be an elimation race like TAR but it appears it is.

Looking forward to your future entries.

Arielflies, you're welcome. Have you completed the online game's first challenge? I haven't had time yet, I hope the deadline isn't until end of this week.

Because of the Stanley cup finals tonight on NBC, the dates above are incorrect, the next show (episode 2) will air on June 26.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...=20060616nbc06

Monday, July 10, 2006
    TREASURE HUNTERS --(9:00PM-10:00PM) --(TV-PG L)
    "Episode No.104"

FOLLOW THE DRINKING GOURD - To find the fourth of seven artifacts that will lead them to the treasure, the remaining seven teams must find hidden messages from the past to navigate the treacherous route of the Underground Railroad. Laird Macintosh ("Ultimate Playground") hosts this fast-paced adventure/mystery reality series where multi-player teams try to stay one step ahead of each other as they are mentally and physically challenged in their quest for a promised hidden treasure.

Yes I did. At the end they ask for an answer which I typed in based on the first challenge...then got to thinking (over-thinking like the geniuses LOL) that maybe that entry is your guess for the final destination and you can enter that every time you complete a challenge.

Navigation on the site is okay - creepy music though - but keep the sound on as the Laird talks to you on the cell phone. One piece of advice - click on everything that is clickable and pay attention to the watch face (also clickable). Sounds like the kind of vague hints that were on the show last night but if you want clear, I'll check back here this evening after work.

Have a good day.

Arielflies, I got the clue after digging and the question: "Where is it?". I browsed the official forum and someone posted to say that the online game should be considered separate from the actual show. I don't know if we should be using info from the show to come up with the answer, what do you think?

From the official rules:

Entrants are allowed one entry with what they think is the answer to the final puzzle per Challenge Period based on the following approximate schedule for the Challenges.

Challenge 1 June 18, 2006 9:00PM EST to June 19, 2006 8:59PM EST Challenge 2 June 19, 2006 9:00PM EST to June 26, 2006 8:59PM EST Challenge 3 June 26, 2006 9:00PM EST to July 3, 2006 8:59PM EST Challenge 4 July 3, 2006 9:00PM EST to July 10, 2006 8:59PM EST Challenge 5 July 10, 2006 9:00PM EST to July 17, 2006 8:59PM EST Challenge 6 July 17, 2006 9:00PM EST to July 24, 2006 8:59PM EST Challenge 7 July 24, 2006 9:00PM EST to July 31, 2006 8:59PM EST Challenge 8 July 31, 2006 9:00PM EST to August 1, 2006 12:59PM EST
    I think only one final answer is needed though entrants are allowed 8 guesses, am I interpretating this correctly?

I'm thinking of starting a new thread because I'm afraid this is going off topic.

FORT Newbie
    I am playing the on-line game and now I am stumped? Anyone else playing? Maybe we could help eachother out?

There is a thread for the online game - NBC Treasure Challenge Game. You may find the answer you need reading through it and if not, you'll get lots of help there.
    And welcome to FORT!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Newbie
    yeah am on the last challenge how bout you

+ Reply to Thread