+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Team Fogal Family

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler View Post
    OK, this confirms what I thought about the Fogals being the Weavers.
    The comparisons between the Weavers and the Fogals were inevitable, but The Fogals are the overall poorest example of Christians.

Fogals - middle class
    Weavers- low class

Fogals - fogallers
    Weavers - trash talkers

Fogals - want to socialize with other teams even after they were fogalled
    Weavers - refused to socialize with other teams throughout the race

Fogals - premeditated hypocrites
    Weavers - oblivious hypocrites

Fogals - too trusting
    Weavers - too paranoid

Fogals - work our nerves
    Weavers - work well as a team

Fogals - Dad does all of the thinking
    Weavers - Rory did all of the individual tasks

Fogals - treat daughter like the drama queen she is
    Weavers - treated each other well

Fogals - dau cries that she can't go on
    Weavers - dau cries that the other teams don't want them to go on

Fogals - good navigators
    Weavers - Aren't sure if PA is a state or whether the Great Lakes are in the north or the south

Feel free to add to this list.
    Last edited by dberk; 07-11-2006 at 07:30 PM.

Playing it like Christians...

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat View Post
    They are playing like Christians, or the ones we have seen on reality TV, anyway. They all seem to have the same pattern. I don't know enough about this religion to know how a Christian behaves other than what I see on these shows. I do know there is a lot of judgement and good/bad, right/wrong declarations and they all seem to think God favors them. They seem to be doing okay with that.
    All Christians don't play that way!

I hope the reality shows don't start using the Fogals and the Weavers as their example to fill the "Christian family" category. I'm a Christian, and they certainly don't reflect the way I "play", or the way the Christians I know "play" either!

These shows always bring out one's true nature. If you are genuinely a good person that will be displayed such as it was on TAR a couple seasons back with Uchenna & Joyce.
    Another TAR couple (from Season 2) was Cyndi & Russell pastors and married parents. They came out looking wonderful, if I remember correctly --they got along with each other and with the other teams. I'm sure their congregation was very proud of them. Of course, they were probably perceived as boring and, therefore, not good for reality TV.

someone shoot katie and put her out of her misery!!!

FORT Fogey
    Katie is hysterical. She supplies the much needed comedy relief we lost with the Hanlons.

I wish we could be present when she views herself on TV. She is going to be horrified or should.

My favorite part of this entire show, thus far, was her not wanting the job of holding the flashlight! God, this is good stuff. EXCELLENT!

someone shoot Katie and put MEher out of her [B]MY[/B misery!!!

I've always had a problem with the Churches requirement for celibate priest, but if Katie is any example of the type of children men of the cloth produce, I commend the Roman catholic church for its foresight in saving the world from more of the same.
    Last edited by jckatz; 07-18-2006 at 11:21 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jckatz
    I've always had a problem with the Churches requirement for celibate priest, but if Katie is any example of the type of children men of the cloth produce, I commend the Roman catholic church for its foresight in saving the world from more of the same.
    Oh, very funny!

Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    someone shoot Katie and put MEher out of her [B]MY[/B misery!!!

Ditto.

Here is the journal entry for this episode from Team Fogal: http://www.teamfogal.com/html/journal4.shtml

Journal Entry #4 - July 10, 2006
    Reflections
    "One of the biggest frustrations during the filming of this show was not being able to stop and 'soak up' and discover all the wonderful historical locations we had to rush by and fly through! From Boston we raced south to Brooklyn, NY and the old Atlantic Tunnel. This pre-Civil War train tunnel had been lost and forgotten for over a century until it was discovered less than 20 years ago. After running the entire length in the dark, Margie had to find a much-needed restroom, with none available in this old 'subway'!

From New York, we drove down the coast all night to find one of the oldest plantations in America: the "Beneventum" in Georgetown, South Carolina. Here's where we endured the most grueling part of our hunt! It was great teaming up with the Southie Boys in getting through the swamp. And yes, there were real poisonous snakes and alligators in that swamp, but don't worry, an ambulance was always nearby! And although in a lot of pain, Kayte may have cried out, "I can't go on!"...but SHE DID! The other teams were warned that Kayte could get louder. Mom and Dad knew that as long as Kayte was verbally expressing her pain and yelling her way through the ordeal, that she'd be ok. It's only if she got real QUIET that they would know it would REALLY be over!
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-18-2006 at 01:25 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    It is so funny that they view Katye as someone they have to endure but not teach or guide. They warn others about her and blithely talk about her being this way since the age of 2.

It is like they adopted an exotic and untrainable pet, accepted the fact that an animals nature cannot be changed and carry on!

FORT Regular
    Katy Fogal... New Poster Child For Birth Control

This girl is a mess, but I think you already know that.

dondale

+ Reply to Thread