+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Team Fogal Family

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    And this week I like them even worse than I did last week. Although I did love when they decided to pray for those they had just screwed over and the prayer ended up being all about them.

I noticed that too, Gabby... That their prime motivation for praying was to give themselves peace of mind over what they'd just done--instead of either asking for forgiveness for what they had just done or asking that the other teams remain safe...

pg

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird View Post
    The Weavers 2.0. DISLIKE THEM. These teams give Christians a bad rep.
    I couldn't agree more Snowbird! I really think people who should hold themselves to a higher standard, should be very careful how they portray themselves. So far I am not impressed with their tactics. I wonder what they will be feeling when they watch this show and see how they came across.

I just don't care for their personalities. Shoot they probably would have been out when their daughter started crying and couldn't carry the canoe!....then they crap all over those guys! (can't remember who helped them, Southie Boys?)
    There is nothing greater than a true friend.

Pastors families should be used to living in a "fish bowl" and be more conscience than others about how they are perceived. While it may seem shocking to us that this man is able to find work, I think we may be surprised how much latitude men of the cloth are given. Christians are taught to have faith and trust the leaders of their denomination to screen pastors and weed out the poor representatives.

It isn't easy to ditch a pastor and even if you manage it, a section of the congregation will go with them. This begs the question "Who are they following? God or man?"

The Fogels have 4 more teams that them need to 'Fogel', I wonder which one will it be tonite? From last weeks previews it looks as if the Brown Family is still in it and they were yelling at someone. Any bets????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

These shows always bring out one's true nature. If you are genuinely a good person that will be displayed such as it was on TAR a couple seasons back with Uchenna & Joyce. All the Fogal's are doing is showing their congregation what truly lies in their hearts. Many of the other teams on this show are playing with integrity. It is funny to read the Fogal's journal on their website. They blame it all on creative editing. If can't put anything on tv if you never did it.
    Last edited by lurkernomore; 07-04-2006 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkernomore View Post
    It is funny to read the Fogal's journal on their website. They blame it all on creative editing. If can't put anything on tv if you never did it.
    Ah... the hated reality TV contestant's lament. EDITTING/BAD EDIT! Unfortunately for the Fogals theirs is not a defensible position. Not only do we have the proof of their unchristian strategy in black and white, but the reaction to their fogalling by the other contestants proves that their actions were interpreted as negatively in real time as they were after editing.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkernomore View Post
    These shows always bring out one's true nature. If you are genuinely a good person that will be displayed such as it was on TAR a couple seasons back with Uchenna & Joyce. All the Fogal's are doing is showing their congregation what truly lies in their hearts. Many of the other teams on this show are playing with integrity. It is funny to read the Fogal's journal on their website. They blame it all on creative editing. If can't put anything on tv if you never did it.
    Can you provide a link to their journal. Thanks.

www.teamfogal.com is Team Fogal's web site.

They have a gallery, journal of the three episodes. Very bare one paragraph comments. Nothing said about stealing the clue, having the Southie Boys helping with the canoe, nothing. Margie, the pastor's wife has a book she is writting and you can order it on the site.

They are another of many teams/contestants that promotes Christianity on a reality show that are becoming the reality-show-Christian stereotype.

1. They are better than everyone else because of their so-called beliefs
    2. They can deceive others and then beg for forgiveness later
    3. No one else can screw them or else they will be labeled evil
    4. Others are expected to help them out, but not reciprocated

Others on the board have done a great job showing how this family is the biggest scumbag team on the show. Even worse than the dumbass Hanlons.

And that daughter is the biggest crybaby out there.

FORT Fogey
    OK, this confirms what I thought about the Fogals being the Weavers. I just saw part of one show and it was the one in which they prayed in the car (supposedly for the other teams)

+ Reply to Thread