+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Team Fogal Family

FORT Newbie
    I was just about to post and say that the wife really scares me and that i felt bad for the daughter with her sea sickness and broken thumb etc etc... reading about the posting of personal info sucks. fact is, reality is what the producers want us to see and it's great playing monday morning qb and making opinions based on a few minutes of manipulated footage - i myself guilty! but it does suck that it crosses over to ones personal life, i know.. they signed up for it, but still......

FORT Fogey
    A church is a business, it had a website that listed the address and phone. This was public information. When you put yourself on reality TV you have to be prepared for public interest, scrutiny and perhaps negative reaction depending on how you conducted yourself. This is not a big deal. He took the website down and when the show concludes and some time passes he will put it up again.

It is not like they followed him to Namibia!

And this week I like them even worse than I did last week. Although I did love when they decided to pray for those they had just screwed over and the prayer ended up being all about them.

FORT Newbie
    I know, I know... I'm just saying...

Our impression of these folks is based on what the editors want us to think, although they sure are coming across as being pretty darn shady and probably deserve the backlash....and yes, they did agree to put their life under the microscope when they decided to do a reality tv show...

I'm torn sometimes, at the end of the day this is what they signed up for and all bets are off, but at the same time we're judging them based on how the show is edited. And well, there's the editing, plus reality is certainly "scripted," but at the same time, these folks are a dime a dozen and most just go back to their "real" lives when all is said and done and it's sad to think that someone might be worse off after an experience like this.

So, my point??? I have none... I'm ambivalent and can't decide if I feel bad for these folks or not! LOL

My "furkids" rule! PetSitterSue's Avatar
    This is very true but these folks had a choice and they chose to play the game in an "un-Christian" manner then ask for forgiveness later. That doesn't sit right with me and as a Pastor he has an obligation to set an example.
    This is the bed they made-they now have to lie in it. No sympathy here....just think of all the "good" that he could have generated for his church, by doing the race in a positive & fair manner. I was appalled at how they treated the teams that helped them with their boat- it was just so unnecessary. There is a HUGE difference in being competitive and being a dirty player.
    Just my two pennies.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    I know, I know... I'm just saying...

Our impression of these folks is based on what the editors want us to think, although they sure are coming across as being pretty darn shady and probably deserve the backlash....and yes, they did agree to put their life under the microscope when they decided to do a reality tv show...

I'm torn sometimes, at the end of the day this is what they signed up for and all bets are off, but at the same time we're judging them based on how the show is edited. And well, there's the editing, plus reality is certainly "scripted," but at the same time, these folks are a dime a dozen and most just go back to their "real" lives when all is said and done and it's sad to think that someone might be worse off after an experience like this.

So, my point??? I have none... I'm ambivalent and can't decide if I feel bad for these folks or not! LOL
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride!!!" -unknown

FORT Fogey
    They are playing like Christians, or the ones we have seen on reality TV, anyway. They all seem to have the same pattern. I don't know enough about this religion to know how a Christian behaves other than what I see on these shows. I do know there is a lot of judgement and good/bad, right/wrong declarations and they all seem to think God favors them. They seem to be doing okay with that.

It seems to me that daughter dearest is always having some sort of meltdown in the "oh, I'm dying!!!" variety. First it was seasick (granted she was throwing up and looking pretty awful and if that had been all she has complained about I would totally be sympathetic), then she 'broke her thumb' at the plane crash and last night just had a complete breakdown over...having to carry a canoe. Get a grip already ya big baby!! No wonder her parents ignore her tantrums, seems like she is a first class drama queen.
    Wag more, bark less

Next week's TV Guide has a Jeers mention about Papa Fogel and him "stealing" the girls clue.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Another Jesus is my GPS family. I look forward to their elimination. No one else is playing dirty like they are. They need to go. Maybe I should just PRAY that they get eliminated soon!

I have my fingers crossed that the remaining teams will gang up on this family and give them a taste of their own medicine.

+ Reply to Thread