+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Team Fogal Family

FORT Regular
    I disagree with everyone. To start with, I HATED the Weavers. They always seemed as if they were better than everyone else and didn't understand why everyone hated them. Not to mention they tried to push their religion on everyone else (at least according to the editing).

This family is much different. Yes, they are Christians, but what have they really done wrong? He took the chick's clue (granted, it wasn't great, but this is a competitive game; I'm sure it will come back to bite him). They wouldn't give the key to the girls. Again, this is a game and each team had its own key. The quicker you get through, the more chance you have winning ahead of another team. The girls just wanted to ride on their coattails at that point.

Unlike the Weavers, they don't seem to be pushing their religion on anybody else. And as for the daughter, she is the one I find intolerable. She seems very whiny and not tough at all. I think she will be their downfall on this race. That's just my two cents. I'm sure everyone here will hate me now for it, but I didn't see them as that bad. They were much better than that Hanlon group because they actually used their head and were competitive. They have the drive to win the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyrock11 View Post
    This family is much different. Yes, they are Christians, but what have they really done wrong? He took the chick's clue (granted, it wasn't great, but this is a competitive game; I'm sure it will come back to bite him). They wouldn't give the key to the girls. Again, this is a game and each team had its own key. The quicker you get through, the more chance you have winning ahead of another team. The girls just wanted to ride on their coattails at that point.... I'm sure everyone here will hate me now for it, but I didn't see them as that bad...
    Pastors are and should be held to a higher standard as official representatives of Christianity. Dad crossed the line by stealing the clue. The Air Force guy gave her that clue box after she dropped it, because he knew it was wrong to take it for himself. Preacher man physically fought her for the clue rather than get his own. There is no way to justify that action.

As far as the key clue goes the Fogals were right to not share the key, but their meanspirited response to being asked was uncalled for.

We only hate people for disagreeing with us when it comes to politics or American Idol so you're safe here.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    Dad crossed the line by stealing the clue. The Air Force guy gave her that clue box after she dropped it, because he knew it was wrong to take it for himself. Preacher man physically fought her for the clue rather than get his own. There is no way to justify that action.
    I agree.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    It's like the Weavers are back on reality tv. I wonder how he can possibly walk up to the pulpit come Sunday after the way he acted. What a nice role model for his young parishoners.

Hopefully they'll get better.
    OH, I'm sure he'll pull the ole Jimmy Swaggert: "I have sinned please forgive me" and all will be well at home. Phoney baloney if you ask me. Act right first of all and then you don't have to ask for forgiveness.

Well I typed this and then read Lucy's recap and she basically said the same thing. See The Jimmy Swaggert thing is still around biting people in the butts when they least expect it!
    Last edited by MRD; 06-20-2006 at 03:42 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Just wait until when they start praying to god for them to find the clue.

Or talk about such great Christians they are.

Then badmouth other teams 2 seconds later.

Sounds like the Weavers doesn't it?
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    His original motivation for joining "Treasure Hunters" was to be with his wife and daughter and help them stay safe throughout the experience.
    Looks like "Daddy Dearest" jettisoned his original motivation for this ep.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I was over on NBC.com yesterday and the message board over there is pretty hot and heavy against the Fogal's. Some enterprising soul even posted the pastor's church address, phone number and webpage. I tryed clicking the webpage but it was down. I also posted the info here but TPTB took it off. In case anyone wants it you know where to go.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I was over on NBC.com yesterday and the message board over there is pretty hot and heavy against the Fogal's. Some enterprising soul even posted the pastor's church address, phone number and webpage. I tryed clicking the webpage but it was down. I also posted the info here but TPTB took it off. In case anyone wants it you know where to go.
    Oh that's terrible. No matter how hypocritical he is I don't think his personal information should be published so people can threaten him or the members of his church. All he did was steal a clue during a competition. Not very fair, but certainly not deserving of this kind of violation of privacy.

Which is why it was deleted here. We neither encourage nor condone that.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    Oh that's terrible. No matter how hypocritical he is I don't think his personal information should be published so people can threaten him or the members of his church. All he did was steal a clue during a competition. Not very fair, but certainly not deserving of this kind of violation of privacy.
    It was the church's ph number, and the church's address and the church's webpage not the pastor home ph or other info. Still I am sure his workplace got a lot of call, emails etc...
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread