Mortgage Broker

Fave TV Show:

Fave Movies:
    A Bronx Tale

Fave Book:
    Bringing Down the House by Ben Mezrich

Hobbies:
    Football, soccer, weight training

John still resides in South Boston where he grew up with his best friends and teammates, the Mullen twins. John graduated from the University of Massachusetts at Boston and now works as a mortgage consultant. John says that he regrets not moving to Los Angeles with the Mullens back in the mid ‘90s. Their friendship as kids was more of a brotherhood and he hopes that the “Treasure Hunters” experience will give him a chance to experience that brotherhood again. Having grown up with six older sisters, twins Matthew and Martin meant the world to him. They became his brothers growing up, and that brotherhood continues, having grown stronger from the intensity of being a part of “Treasure Hunters.” John is very athletic and ultra-competitive. Both he and the twins are driven, smart and focused. They know their intensity will be their edge in leading them to victory.He sends a big shout out to his daughter Isabella Mari and his son John Jr.

Firefighter

Fave TV Show:
    The Contender

Fave Movies:
    Braveheart

Fave Book:
    All Souls by Michael Patrick Macdonald

Hobbies:
    Boxing, hockey, skiing

Matthew joins “Treasure Hunters” with his twin brother Martin and best friend John. Originally from Boston, Matthew currently lives in Westchester, California. Matthew graduated from North Adams State College with a B.A. in sociology and now works as a firefighter for the LAFD. Matthew and his twin brother are inseparable, but admits that teammate John is often referee to their fights. The Southie Boys travel together constantly and are always looking for a new adventure, “Treasure Hunters” being their latest quest. Matthew cites his team’s cleverness and eloquence as their greatest strengths, saying that they can easily “talk a hungry dog off a meat wagon.”

Firefighter

Fave TV Show:
    The Contender

Fave Movies:
    Hoosiers

Fave Book:
    The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Hobbies:
    Boxing, hockey, surfing

Martin moved with his twin brother Matthew from Boston to Marina Del Rey, California, eleven years ago. Martin, currently a LAFD firefighter, graduated from North Adams State College, where he studied sociology and business. The Mullens and their teammate John are as close as brothers and are always boisterous and hilarious when they get together. Martin and his teammates travel together often and he knows that their personalities will make a big impact on the show. The Southie Boys are representing their native Boston and Martin vows that they will give 100% to win “Treasure Hunters.”

The twins are quite nice to look at.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I dub thee, "Team Good Will Hunting"!

I would have said "Team Boston Rob X 3", except I don't think Mariano is actually a Southie.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Cute firefighting twins. *ding ding* Looks like my favorite team so far! Yeah, I'm shallow.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Their degrees in Sociology may give them a big advantage in communicating with and getting help from "the natives", but are they good at puzzle solving?

I'm a sucker for a Boston accent.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    The twins are quite nice to look at.

Yes they are, especially Martin... I'm a sucker for a firefighter
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hmm. I haven't looked at all the teams yet.. but I'll reserve these guys as my early faves.

I Boston!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

What a no-brainer! I need look no further for the team I'll be rooting for.

These guys have a website:

http://www.southieboys.com/
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

That looks like a lot of effort for these guys, they must be really sure of themselves!

I'll take a poster.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast