+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team Geniuses

I'm sure I'll be in the minority here, but I like them more after last night's episode. Yeah, they over-analyzed the Rushmore thing and shot themselves in the feet more than once. Francis was not as smug as I thought he would be, and he's actually my favorite now. He was smart and a bit confident, but he wasn't overpowering and controlling. Sam didn't have much air time. And Charles was their downfall. I don't think he's worked as a part of a team very often. He was trying to do everything himself and wouldn't listen to anyone else's ideas or let someone else take control.

When I first read this thread I found it hard to imagine anyone going to Dr. Francis because of his looks (the sideburns and the arrogant aura). Now I think he'll probably be one of those doctors who keep patients for life. My favorite OB/GYN looked like Jerry Garcia and it only took 5 minutes with him in his office for me to realize that I was in good hands, no matter how crazy his hair was.

Anyway, my perceptions might change after next episode. But right now I like them a lot, and would like them even more if Charles toned it down a bit, and Sam opened up more.

Wasn't it Francis that said " (whine) we had to dumb ourselves down for this quite a bit. We're just too smart for this type of puzzle" or something along those lines? You knew immediately that his was going to be the team that picked the wrong destination.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Yeah, I think he did. But they also needed too! They were making everything way too difficult. Analyzing the map on the back of the painting with the greek letters and determining because of the lines (I don't know what it's called, I'm already dumbed down. The little spirals on a geographical/geological map that indicate higher elevation) that they were going to a mountain. Duh. The answer was very simple, it didn't need all of that analysis. However, the Young Professionals also used that dumbed down expression and thought they over-analyzed too. That might not bode well for the geniuses in the next episode.

i think because theyre the "geniuses" they over analyze the clues, and i think thats going to be theyre downfall

I feel for these guys, because I had to dumb myself down too. As the show goes on I'm sure the puzzles and challenges will get harder. If these guys dumb themselves down enough at the beginning, they may yet get to use their Jimmy Neutron brains.

Quote Originally Posted by retromayhem View Post
    i think because theyre the "geniuses" they over analyze the clues, and i think thats going to be theyre downfall
    Totally. I mean even I had Mt. Rushmore before they even figured out the clue.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk View Post
    I feel for these guys, because I had to dumb myself down too. As the show goes on I'm sure the puzzles and challenges will get harder. If these guys dumb themselves down enough at the beginning, they may yet get to use their Jimmy Neutron brains.
    I was trying to put my thoughts into words about that "dumbing" themselves down comment, but you said it better than I could have. I guess they achieved almost total success in that particular endeavor, seeing as they came in almost last!
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    And Charles was their downfall. I don't think he's worked as a part of a team very often. He was trying to do everything himself and wouldn't listen to anyone else's ideas or let someone else take control.
    His "I'm smarter than anyone else in the room so I must be right" attitude can come from being young and very intelligent. Hmmm, come to think of it, I know more than a few youthful idiots and mature Mensa types who behave the same way. So maybe it's just arrogance.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 06-21-2006 at 02:08 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Southern Methodist University...geniuses? Does not compute.

FORT Newbie
    i'm not so impressed with these boys... multiple UNDERGRAD majors not really that impressive, if they got their first degree before puberty or have multiple ADVANCED degrees, OK....

believe me, i LOVE nerds.... these aren't the kind of nerds i root for.. i loved that couple on the last AR, the ones that bragged about being great at board games. now those are some nerds i can root for!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast