+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andrews - Nelsons Trade Discussion Thread

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Andrews - Nelsons Trade Discussion Thread

I'm trying to get ready to leave town, so while I've got a minute, I'll post the bios for tonight's trade from Fox's web site. It looks like we're getting away from hard-hitting social issues and moving to the age old high school drama of jocks vs. rockers.

Meet the Andrews Family!

Steven and Doreen Andrews are proud members of the Italian Catholic working class of East Boston, with a healthy passion for their number one baseball team: the Boston Red Sox. The Andrews share their love for the Sox with daughters Gina (22), Melissa (21) and son Vinnie (15). Everywhere from the living room to the kitchen, there is baseball paraphernalia, including photographs of the family with players, and calendars, blankets and bedding– all bearing Red Sox logos and colors. In addition, the den walls are painted “Red Sox red,” and everyone’s closets are full of team clothing.

Doreen works as a Crossing Guard just a few blocks from the family home. This occupation is perfect for the doting mother who describes herself as very protective of her own children. Steven works as a service manager for a local car dealership.

Both Gina and Melissa have active social lives, as well as part time jobs. Vinnie is still in high school and concentrates on his many sporting endeavors. While both parents and children have a demanding schedule, they always make time to sit down together on weekends to enjoy a traditional Italian feast of “lasagna and gravy.”
    Meet the Nelson Family!

Driven by a passion for Rock and Roll, Mark and Terry Nelson have been making music together for over 25 years. Now based in Washington State, the couple’s current project is a punk rock band called The Shiny Things. Terry takes the stage like a seasoned chanteuse, accompanied by Mark’s elaborate guitar riffs. Both Terry and Mark have a love of performing, and they have a fan base that travels to Portland from all over the State to see them perform.

With his sinewy body, tufts of black hair jutting out from his skull, weathered face and cigarette dangling from between his lips, Mark Nelson has the consummate Rock Star look down pat. Terry dresses as a self-professed “Mary Poppins of Punk Rock.” With black baby doll dresses, fishnets and DIY remade/re-worked thrift clothes, her dyed bright red hair makes her look more like a gothic Raggedy Anne. Teenage daughter Rachel (17) is a beautiful, lithe yet slightly rebellious ballerina. Her entire focus and desire is ballet, and her parents do everything in their financial power to see that her dream to become a professional ballerina comes to fruition.

To make ends meet, Mark works as a dry waller for a local company. He wakes up early, spends the day lifting, carrying and mounting heavy materials. It’s his “exercise.” Terry is the primary homemaker, doing the housework, and taking care of outside of the house. To supplement Mark’s income, she makes custom clothes and shoes for dolls. But for both Terry and Mark, as soon as work is done, rock-and-roll rules again.

I find it hilarious that Doreen is trying to tell the dad how to raise his kid when she was complaining about how her kids don't respect her or appreciate her. She really isn't isn't in a position to tell anyone how their kids should be raised.

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2244594;
    I find it hilarious that Doreen is trying to tell the dad how to raise his kid when she was complaining about how her kids don't respect her or appreciate her. She really isn't isn't in a position to tell anyone how their kids should be raised.
    Wordy McWord! And I have to agree with the dad: Rachel has to be kind of obsessive and focus on all ballet all the time but I am surprised she is not in practice for hours every day. She seems like a sweet kid. Doreen's brats need to grow the hell up! :nono

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoNiGHTS;2244594;

I thought so too. Doreens kids are lazy, spoiled brats, and apparently her idea of *how to raise them* hasn't worked out so well. I think the ballerina daughter is beautiful, smart and charming. I would take her over the loud, obnoxious lazy kids any day!

FORT Newbie
    Although the Nelsons seem to be burned out dope-heads from the 60's, their daughter seems very well adjusted. I mean, you couldn't tell that her parents are rockers, she would fit in any typical middle class family.

I agree, Doreen's brats need to grow up and do something around the house. Either that or get out and get a job and a place of their own.

I can't believe Doreen's daughters whined about how Terry allocated the money. They weren't entitled to any of it.
    Gustav Holst was right!

I thought it was ironic that Doreen allotted money for Mark to fix his teeth when it was Stephen who had the bad teeth.

FORT Newbie
    Thats funny, Tomboy. My girlfriend and I were talking about that exact thing LOL.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by tomboy;2255525;
    I thought it was ironic that Doreen allotted money for Mark to fix his teeth when it was Stephen who had the bad teeth.
    I thought so at first, but once I started thinking about it, maybe Doreen was hoping that Terry would give money for Stephen to fix his. Mark does need some dental care, and I'm glad Doreen saw that. (I'm sure it embarassed Mark though- but glad that he can do it)

I hadn't noticed Steve's teeth until AFTER Terry read how Doreen alloted so much for Mark's teeth repair. Yikes!

Did anyone else hear the one daughter of Doreen and Steve moan about how much money was given to her for college? I thought I heard her say that it was such a waste to have all that money go towards tuition when "the government" would pay her tuition if she so wanted to go back to school. She'd rather have that money to go towards buying her other things.

Why would the government pay HER to go to school?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast