+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lane - Chase Trade Discussion Thread

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Lane - Chase Trade Discussion Thread

Here's the Fox-sanctioned background on tonight's victims participants in the great social experiment that is Trading Spouses.

Meet the Lane Family!

An upper-middle class neighborhood in a Southern California beach community. A comfortable house, tastefully decorated. Photos of two children - a boy and a girl, at various ages. Artwork created by the children and proudly displayed. A wedding picture. A plaque that reads, “There Is No More Perfect Union Than A Good Marriage”. Archetypal suburbia.

But, on closer look, the wedding picture is of…two women. Welcome to the Lanes’ home, where Judy and Pepper are respectively “Mama” and “Mommy” to son, Corey (9), and daughter, Shea (6). Pepper and Judy have been partners for 19 years. Although they both work as event planners, their life is devoted to their children, in whom they strongly encourage independent thinking and creativity. While Pepper feels strongly about discipline and order, Judy is a self-admitted softie who just cannot say “No” to her kids.

Although they don’t believe in flaunting their sexual orientation, Judy and Pepper live their lives openly as lesbians. They strongly believe that neither Corey nor Shea have experienced any backlash about having gay Moms because the Lanes are so matter-of-fact about their relationship. By not acting self-conscious about their sexual orientation, they take away any reason for others to feel discomfort. Thus, they are accepted for what they really are: two loving parents whose lives are guided by strong family values.

Meet the Chase Family!

Sarcastic banter is the name of the game in the Chase household. Mom, Julie, and her teen-age daughters, Kaci and Cynthia, have turned practical joking and teasing into a way of life. Their dad, Charlie, is often cast in the role of the gracious victim. Their home is generally filled with the sounds of fun and laughter, tricked victims’ shrieks, food fights and other games.

Julie and Charlie have been married for 20 years. They are diehard, outspoken sports parents, who proudly spend all of their energy and spare time focusing on their daughters’ high school sports careers. Although Charlie sometimes feels that he and Julie have spoiled their children by giving them everything they want and by giving in whenever they’re being punished, they are very proud of their daughters’ scholastic and athletic achievements.

Charlie and Julie own a coin-machine business, which Charlie operates. Quite artistic, Julie loves her job as a saddle maker because it allows her to be creative. She also dabbles in watercolor and photography. Julie strongly believes that her family should spend time together, especially during dinnertime. More often than not, the dinner table is loud and chaotic, with everyone talking over each other, food being thrown around the table and milk being stolen from each other for fun.
    From fox.com.

Julie is so homophobic. Shut up already with the "gaydar" crap.

FORT Newbie

Give me a break

Ok now I know why there are so many stupid idiotic people on this earth. Julie must be the most rude and stupid person I have seen in a long time. It's no wonder our youth is so lame just take a look at the parents.

I can't believe in 2007 we have such blatent ignorace.

I so do not like Julie. She needs to be smacked upside the head, with a two by four, with a rusty nail sticking out of the end.

I felt sorry for Pepper when Julie was saying those stupid remarks. I am hoping that Julie learns from this somehow. The same goes for Charlie.

Julie is every single thing I hate, no despise in a human being (if she can be called that). And I'm only 30 minutes into this show...
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    All through the show, Julie was going on and on about hating illegal Mexicans. Yet at the start of the show, she and her family are eating at a Mexican restaurant. I hope those waiters (legal or not--it doesn't matter) remember her and give her a nice surprise in her food next time.

FORT Newbie
    That is actually not how we roll in Grants Pass. In fact, we are embarrassed at how we all were portrayed as a community. I am from Grants Pass and sadly watched this family, which isn't very respected in our community anyway. All towns have people like that, but that doesn't mean Grants Pass is anti-gay, lesbian, bisexual, transexual etc. The actual town of Grants Pass is fairly accepting and this family doesn't follow what most of the people in our town believe. That family lives on the outskirts of our town and isn't really a part of the town itself. I believe because it is so small these people give us a bad name, and already had a bad name in the community in the first place. Now it is just known worldwide. I know someone very close to me that had a run in with Charlie while he played sports and he is a considerably obnoxious person. They at least portrayed the family correctly. So if you had biases concerning southern Oregon thinking us hicks, racist and homophobics, who also don't know how to raise children, you are only accounting for the same amount of insensitive, ignorant people that live in every town. I can assure you, being that we are so small of a town, this family will catch hell in every way possible from everyone here, for years to come. Perhaps they will be the ones who have to "toughen up" while getting what they deserve now that their style of living is public.

Julie is the most ignorant intolerable person I have every seen. Does she like herself? She makes Americans, straight people, skinny people, conservatives, you name it look bad. At first I felt sorry for her husband until I realized he is only slightly less abrasive than she is. My husband just said she is Abasi would have been good tv. Two ignorant prejudice people duking it out.

Julie is the poster child for ignorant intolerable people everywhere. I bet her family is so proud.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast