+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lane - Chase Trade Discussion Thread

FORT Newbie
    Thank you to all those wonderful people from Grants Pass that posted; of course no one would believe that the Chase family is representative of a whole community.

Julie Chase should get help, quickly.

It may be too early to call (or possibly too late) but I think there may be hope for Julie's girls. Sorry, I don't remember names, but the blond girl pretty much said she only acts hard to keep from being steamrolled by the others. And the dark haired girl doesn't seem exactly crazy about the home situation either.

There's just an angry vibe flowing all throughout their house. I know I've said it before, but it hurts to see them showing kids in unhappy households. $50,000 can't fix that no matter how it's delegated.

FORT Fogey
    I thought Pepper looked familiar, but I can't recall from where (I don't watch Oprah or other daytime shows...).

I have visited Grants Pass a few times and it has always been a very tolerant place. In fact a couple of my visits were to a lesbian commune in Grants Pass. Obviously Julie didn't know that it existed, or that gays exist in pretty much any community!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    You've got to be an idiot not to know that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow! This lady has serious problems! I think she's delusional, sociopathic, hypocritical, extremely bitter and has a low IQ. I'm just wondering how much different she would be with an average IQ or better. With a decent IQ how could she not see the points that Pepper was making or how flawed and superficial her logic was concerning judgments she made about other people. She is certainly not a reflection of the community she lives in because she doesn't even have enough intelligence to realize other people's views.

I missed the bit with the money allotment. What happened?
    Gustav Holst was right!

FORT Newbie
    Oh wow, what an eye opener!! I never understood the family dynamics of gay and lesbian families but I totally have a new respect for it. These two women are the most beautiful women I've ever seen!!! I wish more of us had the values these two have! Judy was just an angel! Their kids are very lucky to have these two parents! By the way, I'm a straight women married to a man and I'm so happy I got to see this episode and now understand so much more!!! As far as Julie, hopefully getting to see herself and how horrible her ideas were was a wake up call she won't soon forget and she will change for the better. One can only hope. I think her views go deep so who knows?

FORT Fanatic
    This is yet another episode where Fox succeeds in irritating the h*** out of me. 1) they advertise the episode as "one you can't miss how the money is handed out" and 2) they don't follow up!!!

The episodes never live up to the promos and instead of leaving you with a feeling of seeing something entertaining you're left hanging waiting for the promised 'huge bombshell'. Granted Ms. Ignorant Bigot did plenty to fodder water cooler talk yet they didn't advertise that as the part you should tune in to see.

And since they never follow up did the experience truly change them? Did Julie learn from the experience or is she right back where she was before?

I couldn't believe Julie's blowup at Pepper over the party. Pepper didn't make you say those things - you said them on your own, so don't blame her for your foot-in-mouth disease. And I have a hard time believing she truly changed. Yeah, she was terrified her family would see her true self but I'll bet once she realized they love her no matter what she went right back to how she was. She's obviously insecure and self-conscious and requires that feeling of superiority that being a bigot gives her.

Julie is a very bitter and ignornat woman The two women are truly beautiful, without a mean bone in their body.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast