+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lane - Chase Trade Discussion Thread

FORT Newbie
    I am also from Grants Pass and I have actually played city league basketball with Charlie. And I can honestly say he is no different from the show even though he was getting scored on again and again by me. The entire time I was watching the show I was completely disgusted by him and his wife... well especially his wife. Good Lord how could someone be like that, and while on TV. What an idiot. Now that millions have seen their home life, their own views, and their actions how can they even step foot into public. I hope they read all of these forums, oh I hope they get smacked upside the head by that 2X4 with a nail in it. I cant get over that our small town is being represented by these a*******. Itd be nice to go on the show and confront them and then show all the viewers what a great city that I live in. If I play Charlie again, or see them I will probably have to say something.

Quote Originally Posted by NotOurTown;2227432;
    That is actually not how we roll in Grants Pass. In fact, we are embarrassed at how we all were portrayed as a community. I am from Grants Pass and sadly watched this family, which isn't very respected in our community anyway. All towns have people like that, but that doesn't mean Grants Pass is anti-gay, lesbian, bisexual, transexual etc. The actual town of Grants Pass is fairly accepting and this family doesn't follow what most of the people in our town believe. That family lives on the outskirts of our town and isn't really a part of the town itself. I believe because it is so small these people give us a bad name, and already had a bad name in the community in the first place. Now it is just known worldwide. I know someone very close to me that had a run in with Charlie while he played sports and he is a considerably obnoxious person. They at least portrayed the family correctly. So if you had biases concerning southern Oregon thinking us hicks, racist and homophobics, who also don't know how to raise children, you are only accounting for the same amount of insensitive, ignorant people that live in every town. I can assure you, being that we are so small of a town, this family will catch hell in every way possible from everyone here, for years to come. Perhaps they will be the ones who have to "toughen up" while getting what they deserve now that their style of living is public.

vote em outta town.

FORT Newbie

Chase the Chase's away!!

Being from GP myself I am appalled at these people.

And I hate to be the one to break it to them, but there are lots of gays and lesbians here in the Rogue Valley. Their little bubble of life that doesn't allow for differences is not a very good representation of our beautiful city.

I can't imagine that life will be comfortable for them out in public around here anymore. If we're lucky, maybe they'll move after they experience the fall-out. We can wish.

FORT Newbie
    Truthfully, I would have given anything to have been raised by these two wonderful women who are role models to other parents. They contribute positively to their community and are raising strong, happy children. They aren't hurting anyone by being gay.

The Oregon couple is something, esp Julie. She's a hurtful, snooty, sad woman who thinks she deserves the world on a platter (remarks about leftovers and having to sleep in the boy's bedroom). They have two great daughters who are being raised to be just like them .... bitter, sad people.

I would probably be the same way as Julie if it weren't for the fact that my mother sent me to live with strangers when I was 7 because my stepfather couldn't keep his hands off me (he preferred little girls). Of course I was too scared to tell anyone because my mother made me think it was my fault because I sat on his lap. I'm in my late 50's now and am a happy, straight, open-minded person. My "parents" are still together and are the most selfish, close-minded, holier-than-thou people I know. I have not shopped with my mother since I was 14 because she's ashamed to be seen with me (I'm 30 pounds over-weight).

Need I say more????????

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm sorry I missed this one. Guess I'll have to catch it on rerun. Rats!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

you all must remember that the producers look for and cast the most odd extreme ignorant bumpkin they can find

and since they decided to cast a lesbian couple, they had to get someone who not only was the polar opposite in lifestyle, but a dumb s.o.b. too

if it was all about the gay thing, they could have easily cast a mom who was intelligent, good looking perhaps, conservative thinking to voice her anti gay views

but what fun would that be?

was it just me or was all the females on there fugly as hell? It's a damn shame that the "Dad" was the best looking thing on the show

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I appreciate everyone who has posted here that live in Grants Pass. The fact that you 3 have come here to publicy denounce the actions of this family is very admirable.
    I believe every one of you when you say that it's a very awful representation of your community. I also fully believe that by all of you making that voice known IN YOUR community (anti-homophobe), that the family will understand more clearly. They'll understand more clearly that their homophobic viewpoints are in the minority then.

I'm glad to hear that your town/area of the country isn't predominantly homophobic. The more people talk about it, the closer our country will be to cease and desist with these awful, and very wrong viewpoints.
    Last edited by Maveno; 02-04-2007 at 06:30 PM. Reason: i speel like chit
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yea, that may be true Dogg, but what's so great about them (producers) showing this homophobic woman is that they are showing everyone that there ARE people out there who think that way. It's not a rare thing that she's so blatantly ignorant, there's millions of others who think that way.
    They (homophobes) also think it's "normal" to think and treat gays awful because they think "it is the way society is thinking."

So, I'm glad it is a total polar opposite episode. Those ideas and thoughts are wrong about gay people, so to highlight how damn stupid she is.. is great. It should be shown and it should be addressed. I really doubt that any other person, clean, Christian or other would be able to put together a much better defense on the issue.

Bring on the most polar opposite of families. Afterall, that's the point of this show...to highlight how other people live, to see how they think, act and react to others besides themselves.

I love this show. If it wasn't for them putting together the most polar opposites, that wretched homophobic family would still be thinking that they are the upper crust of society.

Yayyyy for Trading Spouses!!!
    Last edited by Maveno; 02-04-2007 at 10:49 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

How on earth did I miss this one?

FORT Regular
    Either I have a really bad case of deja vu, or I saw Pepper and Judy on some other show (Oprah?) a year or so ago discussing their relationship? Anyone else remember this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast