+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Perrin - Malone-Brown Discussion Thread

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Perrin - Malone-Brown Discussion Thread

I know everyone is anxiously awaiting the return of the God Warrior, but we know that Fox has got to have paired the GW with someone who has an equally large personality. Here's the Fox family bios for this trade's participants:

Meet the Perrin Family!
    Hailing from the deep south of Ponchatoula, Louisiana, Margaret Perrin has seen some significant changes within this past year. Namely, a weight loss surgery that has slimmed and trimmed last season’s own “God Warrior.” While smaller in build, Margaret is no less the big personality we have seen her to be. Sassy and ready to tell it like it is, Margaret is as effervescent as ever.
    Margaret and her family, husband Barry, daughters Ashley and Brooke and granddaughter Abigail, are the embodiment of southern hospitality and comfort. Ready to greet guests with open arms, it is not uncommon to find the Perrin family hosting big get-togethers of friends and family.
    While Hurricane Katrina had a negative effect on their community, the Perrin family has been able to rebuild and move on with their lives. Barry now works as a carpenter, after the janitorial supply business he worked for was destroyed by the hurricane. Still the same old nice guy, he enjoys his new occupation immensely. Ashley continues to teach at her thriving dance studio, instructing young girls from the area in ballet, jazz and hip-hop. Sister Brooke and daughter Abigail are among the star dancers there.

Meet the Malone-Brown Family!
    Yearly, tourists come to St. Petersburg, Florida to soak up rays and relax, taking a break from daily responsibilities. But as with any tourist destination, there is always a working class population that supports it. Abasi Malone and LaToya Brown are proud members of this working class, involving themselves with building a better community for their seven-year-old daughter, Shachaamah. Daily, Abasi works as both taxi driver and newspaper route carrier, while Latoya takes care of the home.
    Latoya and Abasi have a loving, functional relationship while bright-eyed Shachamaah has a thirst for learning. Early on in Shachaamah’s childhood, Latoya decided to home school her daughter. Both Latoya and Abasi believe in raising Shachamaah to be able to maneuver through society by herself and to be self-sufficient. Daily trips to the library for enrichment are routine for this family.

Latoya is a proponent of environmental causes, having both a recycled rain barrel and compost pile in the family’s yard. Abasi is involved in the community through hosting a political talk show that deals with issues within the African American community. In the end the Malone-Brown family wants to be healthy, happy and financially stable, just like any other American family, even while they are passionate about their working class lifestyle and ideals.
    And everyone--be safe when you're watching this: keep your volume controller handy so your eardrums don't burst when the screaming inevitably starts!

Margaret is as effervescent as ever.
    I'm not sure that effervescent applies to the bubbling of a cesspool.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I'm looking forward to this.

This man is more obnoxious than Margaret. Did anyone think that was possible?

All of these women friends of hers are S-T-R-A-N-G-E!!!

I never thought I'd feel sorry for Margaret, but I do. This guy doesn't let up.

01/19/07 - show discussion - *spoilers*

I had seen a preview the other night and wondered if God Warrior had the gastric bypass surgery. Well she says she lost 72 lbs but she has a good 200 to go. Good Luck. She seems alot happier than the previous time she was on the show.

As far as the God Warrior's friends these woman, especially Kathy Roach, seem determined to be totally mean bitches to who ever comes in as the 'new mom'.

God Warrior's oldest daughter is a totally lazy bitch. At 24 yrs of age she should not be sleeping in while mom is preparing a brunch for the local lynch mob. Glad to see the younger daugher being more open and assertive.

As for the Florida mom; wow, its nice to see prejudice and racism is not limited to white folks.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

As a Black American, I am embarrassed about how Havasi acted. He is an ignorant man. He was not fair to Margaret. That "I'm not prejudice towards white people, I'm prejudice for black people" line is bullcrap.

I feel that no matter what, you don't deliberately make a guest feel uncomfortable in your home. He seems to enjoy it and that's just tacky. I may have missed something but I didn't notice her saying or doing anything to set him off. Did I miss something?

I don't think it is nice to keep badgering someone with your own personal agenda, especially after you've been asked (repeatedly) to STOP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast