+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Perrin - Malone-Brown Discussion Thread

Abasi is a schmuck and a racist! can't stand that wife of his either, they make sick!

What a total disappointment.

This show was a complete let-down. All the hype and advertising was utter crap.

"The God Warrior is back!"

"Don't miss it!"

Fox said "We can't even show you..." etc. and so on.

BS. Did I miss something? The big "Perrin-Malone" episodes were midly entertaining. If it wasn't for Abasi, there would have been nothing to watch. And he was just...annoying.

All the build up for the last 10 minutes of this show and it was BORING. I've seen worse behavior on The View. I didn't watch this show to see how much "better" Marguerite is now. She wasn't nearly the "God Warrior" we were promosed. Not like she was before. Fox tried to ressurect her 15 minutes of fame, but clearly, it failed.

FORT Newbie

That's the way it works

Althought it was nice to see LaToya and the Perrins help Jackie rebuild her home. BTW I cannot believe that Jackie had homeowners insurance and they only gave her a check for $200, that is criminal. Still charity does begin at home and Abasi and LaToya, need to concentrate on fixing their house for the next 6 months or so before they start fixing the world.

Insurance is purchased in order to make the owner 'whole' after s/he has suffered a loss. I believe she said that the insurance company gave the money to the bank. If you suffer a loss on a mortgaged house or car, the insurance company will send you a check to cover repairs and to be countersigned by the bank to pay for those repairs. The company will not send you one penny more than that. I'm not sure why they would even give her the $200 she alluded to.

jell

FORT Newbie
    I really loved this episode and found Margaurite surprisingly charming, and grounded in her beliefs. Perhaps life has humbled her?

Latoya and Abasi you have it all wrong. Life can be harsh for anyone who is disadvantaged. There are so many ways to be disadvantaged including race. There is poverty, handicaps, family abuse, mental illness, poor role models, ect, ect. Wallowing in that despair only keeps you down. Never let the past define your future Latoya and Abasi. Hatred is a prison and I wish that both of you free yourselves before you are old and the opportunity passes you by.

Quote Originally Posted by jell;2218149;
    Althought it was nice to see LaToya and the Perrins help Jackie rebuild her home. BTW I cannot believe that Jackie had homeowners insurance and they only gave her a check for $200, that is criminal. Still charity does begin at home and Abasi and LaToya, need to concentrate on fixing their house for the next 6 months or so before they start fixing the world.

Insurance is purchased in order to make the owner 'whole' after s/he has suffered a loss. I believe she said that the insurance company gave the money to the bank. If you suffer a loss on a mortgaged house or car, the insurance company will send you a check to cover repairs and to be countersigned by the bank to pay for those repairs. The company will not send you one penny more than that. I'm not sure why they would even give her the $200 she alluded to.

jell
    OK I must have missed something here. If my house was in a hurrricane and was destroyed I expect that my home owners insurance would kick in and the adjuster would come out look at the house and I would get a check for the damages so I could rebuild. That is the point of having homeowners insurance. From what Miss Jackie said she only got a check for $200 for the damages. Why in the world would the insurance company give that check to the bank. Paying a mortgage is separate from having damages done to the house. I am sure that even if my house burned up I would still have to pay the mortgage, that is my responsibility not part of the homeowners insurance package.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2217572;
    I love how Marguerite distributed the money. That poor little girl will need every penny to pay for the therapy she'll need after spending her life with that disgusting bigoted hateful man.

Did anyone else notice the editing at the end? LaToya was trying to talk to Shachaamah and Abasi kept mumbling away about how horrible Marguerite was and how he was justified in his treatment of her. Totally ignoring the fact LaToya was involved in a conversation with her daughter. Makes you wonder how often he pushes himself in front of the child.

The comments LaToya made in her letter with regards to Ashley were uncalled for. She made her feelings clear to both Ashley & Marguerite, they didn't need to go in the letter. While we may not agree with Ashley remaining at home it's obvious it's the best choice for her daughter - with a lazy mom like that at least she's getting cared for by her grandparents.

I would just say to remember the use of careful editing on these shows---have you ever noticed how each family that is shown is always shown to be an extreme of the stereotype----the wife going on and on about not seeing color and how her experience with just one man in all of her life has made her realize and see people's color (wth??!?--she is from the south and never noticed any racial problems there?)---uh, yeah, sure, whatever. And while the husband did argue with her a lot, he is not reflective of those who are fighting for the equal rights of all people in society.

I find both wife swap and trading spouses to sort of play on the same theme of stereotypes---the families always seem to be the extreme of a stereotype....too rich and privileged, too vegan, too sports oriented, etc.

I was seeing a report on CNN today on this very subject, Bearcata. Some homeowners who had flood insurance are being denied because State Farm is saying the wind is the culprit because it pushed the waters into their (completely destroyed) home.

The family they were covering had paid insurance premiums for 17 years. It's criminal.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Not to drag this totally off topic, but that $200 pay out story is completely believable. Insurance companies did that to a lot of people who had total loss or even just some damage from the storm. I know plenty of people who had the means to fight the insurance companies--lawyers, real estate brokers, and business owners--and they still got the initial slough-off of a low-ball settlement offer. Miss Jackie didn't appear to be a woman of great financial means, and may not have been able to get a suit started. Or, she could be part of one of the several class actions against insurance companies. Louisiana government has made a pledge to pay up to $150K or so to homeowners, less the amount received from insurance, but that program is performing pitifully, having paid out maybe 30 claims in the year it's been in operation. The only bright light happened in a case out of Mississippi in the last week or so--State Farm was made to pay the full insured amount to a home owner plus a couple of million in punitive damages for acting in utter bad faith. It's hoped that verdict will get them back to the negotiation table with the insured to get fair pay outs. The threat of thousands of people having a precedent to get millions in punitive damages each will make their lawyers think about settlement in a hurry.

More on topic, what I really wanted to see was Marguerite going to Abasi's television show. Last week they hinted that he was going to take her, but that never came to fruition. That, and generally more psychotic behavior from Marguerite. She's no longer good t.v. and I doubt she'll be making a second appearance on Leno.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;2218446;
    I was seeing a report on CNN today on this very subject, Bearcata. Some homeowners who had flood insurance are being denied because State Farm is saying the wind is the culprit because it pushed the waters into their (completely destroyed) home.

The family they were covering had paid insurance premiums for 17 years. It's criminal.
    I saw a similiar program. Orignially the group of engineers hired to analyze the hurrican damage did conclude that the houses were damaged by water surge. The cost was so high to repair all the houses that the insurance companies told the engineers (a consulting firm) to reevaluate their finding and the conclusion at that point was that the wind pushed the water therefore the houses were damaged by the wind and not the water and therefore the flood insurance did not cover that and therefore the insurance companies were exempt from paying any money for flood damages.

Although there were a lot of houses that did not have flood insurance or any other kind of home insurance and had been in the family 2 or 3 generations and those homeowners are out of luck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Re: Perrin - Malone-Brown Discussion Thread

Funny how, after all the hoopla over Don Imus' comments and the screams about how racists remarks are so hurtful he had to lose his job over them, Fox decides to repeat the most racist program I've ever seen on television. I didn't watch it (and only watched part one when it originally aired because it was so disturbing), but I did notice the irony in the airing of the repeat.

I'm boycotting all the advertisers who pulled their ads from Imus. Not that I liked him, not that I listened to him, and not that I think he should have said what he said, but I believe the advertisers, as well as NBC news and CBS news all caved to pressure from people trying to decide what we can and can't hear or see on the airwaves. I didn't call for Fox to cancel this show or fire anyone because of the racist remarks of this guy. They chose to air it, I chose not to watch it. End of story. And that's how it should have been with Imus. If you don't want to be offended by what he says, and he can offend many including homosexuals, chatholics, and the Clintons, the don't listen to it. But don't deny me the right to listen to whatever I want.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345