+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Perrin - Malone-Brown Discussion Thread

FORT Fanatic
    I never thought I would sympathize with Marguerite. It just goes to show two things - people can change and tv editors are not people to tick off (esp if they're editing you!)

During Abasi's tirade at the end I could not help but wonder if he realizes his rationale is the exact same one used by the founders of the KKK. And I also wonder about their fight for reparations from the government - who decides who gets what? And from whom? Millions of Americans descend from immigrants who arrived AFTER slavery was abolished - should they be held accountable for something their ancestors didn't partake in? And shouldn't Native Americans be first in line for any reparations?

Asabi had alot of valid points that I'd like to know more about, however I did not like how he relentlessly pounded her with his believes. As Margariete is in her own world with blinders on, she has serious control issues, I was suprised that neither of those 2 adults noticed how they're discussion was effecting the little girl. I mean if daddy wanted to drive home to her of the history of their heritage path, he couldn't of done it in a plainer way.........hoping they don't go off the ricter scale in the 2nd show?.............

FORT Newbie
    WOW! The ol' God Warrior was eerily MILD. I can't believe they've found a worthy opponent for her.

This poor guy, he talks and talks and talks, but really spews the same unfounded, illogical, two statements over and over.
    I thoroughly enjoyed his outrageous hyperbolic statements, such as: "White people have enslaved black people for at least 600 hundred years!" (something to that effect)
    Ohhh 600 years huh. Being that this country is just barely over 200 years old, I hope he knows he could not possibly be referring to American white people. Aside from that, 600 years? Even with imperialism in Africa, there's no 600 years about it. I also like when he actually used the figure "hundreds of thousands of years". That was good. It's a little bit pathetic when someone so passionate and seemingly intelligent chooses to ignore historical facts and construct a web of misery, blame, and ignorance....and it's especially sad that the daughter has to listen to her parents' crap every day.

Also, being prejudiced FOR blacks? That just doesn't even make sense, linguistically. You can spot someone who likes to hear himself talk a mile away, huh.
    Last edited by Rotten; 01-20-2007 at 06:25 AM.

Marguerite friends are not very nice.

While I do not like Margurite's friends, they do come across as a lynch mob, I am surprised that I am on Margurite's side as far as her interaction with Abasi. Abasi is offensive to burb and fart in front of a lady he just met. I do wonder if Margaurite had been black would he have done that. Also while Abasi has every right to speak about his views of things, after all it is his house and life that Margaurite is sharing for week. Put a lid on it. His incessant preaching will put anyone off. He needs to learn to shut it off because his 'sales technique' will turn anyone off. Can't he talk about anything else. Everything turns into a huge lecture about race. It was news to me to find out that music was a 'black invention' and that white people had corrupted it. So what was that noise that folks in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Americas have been playing before according to Abasi whites have enslaved blacks for the last 600 yrs and hundreds of thousand of yrs ago. The logic of that statement is so clear.

Latoya's attitude is also off putting. Reparation yeah. Whose going to pay it. If Abasi and Latoya put half as much energy into improving their lifes and getting job skills and better paying jobs they would not be living in a poor neighbourhood they would be moving on up. (a sly reference to The Jeffersons). This 'life owns me attitude' is not going to bring about changes. Her dream that she wants to build "little Africa" in America is a little scary. When she went on about only seeing black faces around her, and at the grocery store and at the rec center and the accompanying film showed exactly that I almost laughed. Honey, you are surrounded by black people everywhere you go, I didn't see one white face. You have your dream you just don't see it.

I also don't like her attitude about Margaurites house and that the family is finiancially well to do when we just learned that M's husband lost his warehouse. All I know is that if you work hard and learn a job skill that is valuable you get paid well in America. So many people come to this country after they have lost everything to start over again and they succeed. Usually their children do even better getting a college education and becoming doctors and lawyers and nurses and other contributing citizens. They do not cry reparations to their old governments, cause they know they ain't gonna get a dime. Life is hard like that.

I have to give credit to the producers of this show that after the big hit the "God Warrior" was that they managed to find a couple like Abasi and Latoya that manage to make Margaurite a sympathetic character.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    Wow, this man is nothing but a bigot, regardless of his skin color. And when he talks, what he fails to even acknowledge is that there are white people stuck in the same kind of poverty that many blacks have found themselves in. Too bad he can't put all that energy to use in trying to make a difference for the economically-disadvantaged, regardless of their skin color.

I won't be watching the second half of this show. I wouldn't want to appear to be supporting a racist bigot and I'm only sorry he's going to financially benefit at all from this show. Someone call DCF and have that poor child removed from that home before she comes permanently damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2211958;
    Wow, this man is nothing but a bigot, regardless of his skin color. And when he talks, what he fails to even acknowledge is that there are white people stuck in the same kind of poverty that many blacks have found themselves in. Too bad he can't put all that energy to use in trying to make a difference for the economically-disadvantaged, regardless of their skin color.

I won't be watching the second half of this show. I wouldn't want to appear to be supporting a racist bigot and I'm only sorry he's going to financially benefit at all from this show. Someone call DCF and have that poor child removed from that home before she comes permanently damaged.

This time around is that Marguerite got paired with a "true believer" like herself. Obviously their causes are different, but their zealotry is equally extreme. Those who saw last season will know what I mean.

I sincerely hope that in the second half that Margarite puts all the money in a trust fund for Latoya's daughter so she has a chance to go to college. That will so piss off the mom and step dad but it will be a chance for that poor child to escape her parents and their racist rants.

FORT Fogey
    I doubt very much that Fox would ever book a KKK family or an anti-semetic family, so why are they allowed to give this racist a platform for spewing his bigoted views about how white people should be paying blacks because of slavery which occured 200 years ago, and for which I personally had nothing to do with even though my skin is white.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast