+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cramer - Manavit-Sturz Trade Discussion Thread

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Cramer - Manavit-Sturz Trade Discussion Thread

I hate to judge people by their looks, but these folks look crazier than a bag of monkeys on meth. Of course, nothing will be quite as sweet as the return of the God Warrior, but we'll have to do with the Patriot vs. the Puppeteer for the next 2 weeks. Fox has a hardly any details for our early review, but here's what they've got up now:

cramer.jpg THE CRAMER FAMILY
    Meet the military-loving, flag-waving, über-patriot Stella Cramer, a Marine corps veteran and her family hailing from McHenry, IL.

manavit-sturz.jpg THE MANAVIT-STURZ FAMILY
    Meet the peace-loving, anti-war, ultra-liberal puppeteer Lisa Sturz and her family of Ashville, NC.

FORT Newbie
    What a nasty, disgusting house the Manavit-Sturz family lives in. I hope this guy does not bake bread to sell or even to give away to neighbors. He sweats in the bread!!!! I can just imagine his neighbors, who might have eaten bread he gave them, all throwing up at once after watching him baking bread. If I were Stella. I wouldn't eat anyting that I didn't cook myself

Also. poor dog.

I started to watch this but decided this was too over the top for me.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I had to laugh at Stella, the big tough marine corps veteran, when she yelled for Francois to come and kill a spider in her room. He came to her rescue with cooking implements and chopped the insect into pate before tossing it out.

FORT Newbie
    He probably tossed it right into the bread maker. Nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by kidswatcher;2196860;
    What a nasty, disgusting house the Manavit-Sturz family lives in. I hope this guy does not bake bread to sell or even to give away to neighbors. He sweats in the bread!!!! I can just imagine his neighbors, who might have eaten bread he gave them, all throwing up at once after watching him baking bread. If I were Stella. I wouldn't eat anything that I didn't cook myself .....Also. poor dog.
    That's almost exactly what I told my husband while watching the show..

Mr. Manavit-Sturz is from another planet.....actually he and his wife are a real match.

The Veteran's Art Museum was great!....Blew the Manavit-Sturz woman away..but she was right about the Marine...he didn't seem to get it.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Newbie
    I wonder if tattoo mom's kids get teased at school because of her looks. Can you imagine the looks she gets when she goes to school fuctions. She looks kind of like a lizard.

FORT Newbie
    Francois is my new personal hero. He's the funniest person I've ever seen. He should have his own tv show...

This was the first Trading Spouses that had me laughing loudly all the way through, and still smiling afterwards. These families weren't perfect (who's is?) but their hearts were in the right place, and they were all basically good folks.

Fox tried to set up the stereotypes: warmonger, sullen teen, crazy frenchman. What we got though, was two families who were quite different but respected each other and made the most of the challenge. And did so without being boring. Bravo.

Oh, and I kept thinking someone was going to crack their head open coming downstairs in Francois house. Who on earth designed that stairwell? Perhaps it was a trapdoor turned staircase, and not done so well.

Also, where did the sudden departures come from this season? I noticed in the last few episodes everyone is having a great time, and suddenly the mom shouts "Oh.. guess what? I'm leaving right this second!"
    Last edited by Thyme; 01-13-2007 at 03:18 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyme;2203828;
    This was the first Trading Spouses that had me laughing loudly all the way through, and still smiling afterwards. These families weren't perfect (who's is?) but their hearts were in the right place, and they were all basically good folks.

Fox tried to set up the stereotypes: warmonger, sullen teen, crazy frenchman. What we got though, was two families who were quite different but respected each other and made the most of the challenge. And did so without being boring. Bravo.

Oh, and I kept thinking someone was going to crack their head open coming downstairs in Francois house. Who on earth designed that stairwell? Perhaps it was a trapdoor turned staircase, and not done so well.

Also, where did the sudden departures come from this season? I noticed in the last few episodes everyone is having a great time, and suddenly the mom shouts "Oh.. guess what? I'm leaving right this second!"
    I so agree with everything you posted. I've, too, wondered why these people seem so suddenly surprised by the departures. Do the producers give them a beeper and suddenly contact them with a 10 minute heads up on the departure???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast