+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cramer - Manavit-Sturz Trade Discussion Thread

FORT Newbie

They're an AEWWESOME Famil

Quote Originally Posted by kidswatcher;2196860;
    What a nasty, disgusting house the Manavit-Sturz family lives in. I hope this guy does not bake bread to sell or even to give away to neighbors. He sweats in the bread!!!! I can just imagine his neighbors, who might have eaten bread he gave them, all throwing up at once after watching him baking bread. If I were Stella. I wouldn't eat anyting that I didn't cook myself

Also. poor dog.

I live here in Fairview, and Theo goes to my daughter's elementary school. Their parents are AWESOME! Always funny and smiling and involved in all community events not just school stuff. I buy his bread at the local health food store called "Trout Lily" he sells bread to a few upscale restaurants as well. He's health coded also by the county and has regular health inspections. I was wondering...have you ever cooked? If so, do your guests come and see your kitchen with all the grease splatters on the stove and the vegetable peels in the sink and egg shells on the counter? NO! You get to clean up and when your guests arrive all they see is a clean kitchen and smell the wonderful aroma. Well---a bakery isn't going to be spotless all the time and what you saw was the normal mess of a bakery----nothing more, nothing less. The bread and cookies are DELICIOUS and I've never found a speck of dirt, not even a spider in my bread. He uses all natural, local ingredients....which I'd take ANY day over conventional bread from the grocery store, which is pumped FULL of preservatives (read the ingredients to your bread....if there are more than 2 or 3 ingredients you can't pronounce or comprehend...then that's SCARY) to ensure that it can sit on the shelf and in your home for at least 6 months without going bad...gross! ALSO----sometimes Mr. Manavit has baked little loaves of bread shaped like people (kind of like gingerbread-man shape) and gives them out to local kids....he's given my daughter one in the past during one of his deliveries. I may home school my daughter in the years to come and thought it would be a neat field trip to get a group to go to his bakery and help out for a day...learn about yeast and what conditions it needs to thrive...and how 4 simple ingredients can make such a delicious bread! I've found in life that the more people enjoy life, the more unkempt they are....usually equals the more love and kindness and originality they have....what you see is what you get....they don't even waste time trying to appear a certain way----they have nothing to hide The bottom line: This family just rocks!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by daretowear;2208463;
    I live here in Fairview, and Theo goes to my daughter's elementary school. Their parents are AWESOME! Always funny and smiling and involved in all community events not just school stuff. I buy his bread at the local health food store called "Trout Lily" he sells bread to a few upscale restaurants as well. He's health coded also by the county and has regular health inspections. I was wondering...have you ever cooked? If so, do your guests come and see your kitchen with all the grease splatters on the stove and the vegetable peels in the sink and egg shells on the counter? NO! You get to clean up and when your guests arrive all they see is a clean kitchen and smell the wonderful aroma. Well---a bakery isn't going to be spotless all the time and what you saw was the normal mess of a bakery----nothing more, nothing less. The bread and cookies are DELICIOUS and I've never found a speck of dirt, not even a spider in my bread. He uses all natural, local ingredients....which I'd take ANY day over conventional bread from the grocery store, which is pumped FULL of preservatives (read the ingredients to your bread....if there are more than 2 or 3 ingredients you can't pronounce or comprehend...then that's SCARY) to ensure that it can sit on the shelf and in your home for at least 6 months without going bad...gross! ALSO----sometimes Mr. Manavit has baked little loaves of bread shaped like people (kind of like gingerbread-man shape) and gives them out to local kids....he's given my daughter one in the past during one of his deliveries. I may home school my daughter in the years to come and thought it would be a neat field trip to get a group to go to his bakery and help out for a day...learn about yeast and what conditions it needs to thrive...and how 4 simple ingredients can make such a delicious bread! I've found in life that the more people enjoy life, the more unkempt they are....usually equals the more love and kindness and originality they have....what you see is what you get....they don't even waste time trying to appear a certain way----they have nothing to hide The bottom line: This family just rocks!
    It reminds me of a Cold Case episode on A&E where an elderly woman was murdered and the police said it was hard to collect evidence because she wasn't a tidy housekeeper. I thought, man, I'm not even an elderly person and I'm not a tidy housekeeper - and I have three animals living with me! I would hope no one would judge me by how many dishes I have in the sink, how much cat liter is around the box instead of in it, how may cobwebs there are to be found, the number of spiders you can find crawling on my walls and ceilings (it's not like I invited them!), and how badly my carpets and rugs need to be vacuumed.

I thought the family seemed to be a great family and Francois was great. He tried so hard to please Stella, even though he didn't agree with her, and he did it all with such a sense of humor and a desire to please a guest in his house.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    daretowear! Is there anything you can tell us about the trade? Did Francois and Lisa feel they were accurately represented?

FORT Newbie

Re: Cramer - Manavit-Sturz Trade Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2196070;
    I hate to judge people by their looks, but these folks look crazier than a bag of monkeys on meth. Of course, nothing will be quite as sweet as the return of the God Warrior, but we'll have to do with the Patriot vs. the Puppeteer for the next 2 weeks. Fox has a hardly any details for our early review, but here's what they've got up now:

Attachment 19014 THE CRAMER FAMILY
    Meet the military-loving, flag-waving, über-patriot Stella Cramer, a Marine corps veteran and her family hailing from McHenry, IL.

Attachment 19015 THE MANAVIT-STURZ FAMILY
    Meet the peace-loving, anti-war, ultra-liberal puppeteer Lisa Sturz and her family of Ashville, NC.
    i agree that sure was a funny episode

FORT Newbie

I so agree that sure was a funny episode
    and woul like to get a copy for that taping

FORT Newbie

Last time this series was on tv, they didn't show part 2 of this episode and i was so upset about it that i found this website. I LOVED the post by daretowear, someone needed to create some balance for these gorgeous people. I would have some difficulty living with a smelly dog and dirty floors but i would hope i am not so shallow that i would need MY obsession with cleanliness blind me to the kindness and willing to please spirit of Francois. When i saw him jumping on the bed and climbing the furniture, declaring the house MUST be made safe for Stella using cooking implements as his armour against insects which had upset her, i was moved through hilarity to tears. I don't think i have ever seen such kindness displayed toward someone who could not hide her disgust and impatience. Stella choked on even answering him and if she thanked him, it could not have been heartfelt. I don't mean to criticise Stella, she admits she chose a life of discipline and obviously requires stringent standards to feel comfortable. The free spirit of her new family must have her shaken to her core. I look forward to tonight when after over a year, I get to watch part 2. Thanks to this site, I know some of what happens but i want to watch it myself and enjoy Stella warming to Francois, Lisa helping the Marine (cant think of his name, sorry) open up and the ladies meeting.
    Just one other thing i would like to say (and i may be wrong but...) wasnt all the poor housekeeping we were shown inside the house? When Francois was baking, it was in his bakery and the producers did not make a big deal of focusing on the corners and the floorboards and the spiderwebs which makes me think that the bakery was much cleaner than the house because if it had not been, we would have been shown it as we were in the house.
    As far as his sweat is concerned, he tells us about that, that it is his belief that the sweat of the baker adds something to the bread. It is ignorant to think that the sweat of our bakers, of our chefs etc does not sometimes get added along with the salt, i think what offended is that it was pointed out and considered acceptable. Ignorance allows us to be comfortable if delluded. personally i would be honoured to break some bread with this family.
    Thanks for the chance to have my say

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12