+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DeConcilii - Hawkins Trade Discussion Thread

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

DeConcilii - Hawkins Trade Discussion Thread

For your early perusal & consideration, tonight's two families are described below by our friends at Fox.com.

Meet the DeConciliis Family!

Welcome to Miami Beach, where gorgeous top fashion model Marco and his equally gorgeous wife Henrietta lead the glamorous life of the rich and famous. The DeConciliis and their two young sons, Leonardo and Orion, live a few steps from the ocean and love spending time at the beach.

Italian-born Marco has been a fashion model for almost twenty years. Although he does some modeling locally, most of his work is in New York, which requires him to live out-of-town for weeks on end. From April to November (peak modeling season), he can be gone for three weeks at a time, then return home for 2-3 days and then leave again.

Henrietta divides her time between her business as an interior designer and her maternal duties. A very involved mother, she is extremely close to her two sons. They sometimes feel lonely during Marcoís prolonged absences and his return home is always cause for celebration, lavish parties and fun at the beach.

Meet the Hawkins Family!

Now in their mid-thirties, Marla Hawkins and her husband, Maurice (35) met when she was just 12 years old. Marla gave birth to Cierra at a young age. Although family members of Marla didnít give the marriage a year, here they are 17 years later, having also acquired twins Justin and Jordan (14) along the way.

The Hawkins live in an urban area of Buffalo, NY. They have made the decision to raise their children in the most positive environment possible. The boys have a strict curfew and their education is made a top priority. Marla feels the best way to keep kids out of trouble is to keep them busy, which is why both Marla and Maurice are very supportive of the kidsí sporting endeavors. Both Jordan and Justin play basketball and football. Maurice coaches them in both sports.

Maurice works at a Youth Detention Center and also acts as a youth mentor at a local sports recreation center. Marla is an in-patient biller for a local hospital. She went to school to get her BA in Education while working full time and taking care of the kids. Marla felt it was important to have aspirations for herself to be able to make her own money. She also wanted to be a good example to her daughter, Cierra. Marla describes education as her number one family value, with trust and honesty being a close second and third.

I can't wait for the second half of this show!

I wonder what Marco's secret is????

I think the note to Henrietta from Marco is possibly a break-up note....doesn't look like they have too much of a marriage....neither one of them...Marco was enjoying the modeling shoot way too much and Henrietta's nights out clubbing isn't too great either. I just feel sorry for the boys.

Then the Hawkins.......Maurice is so intimidating to his kids. Sure hope he gets a handle on his lack of communication with his children or there is going to be reprocussions coming soon.

Next week...hope I remember to watch.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

it was painful to watch the goodbye/pull away kis of the miami couple. he surely didnt have any problems kissing that other model though.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I really just wanted to smack both fathers upside the head. Maurice seems so unjustifiably angry at his kids all the time, like they're holding him back from some life he would otherwise have. Or, maybe since he does something with youth corrections, he's got a jaded view of all kids, even his own. And Marco is seemingly so disrespectful to his wife, he sets a bad example for his boys.

This show has sure changed since season one! It seems that now they go looking for families in crisis, and I don't think that was originally the point of the show. Opposites? Yes, surely, or what fun would it be? Clearly failing marriages and emotionally abusive parents? What a nasty turn for things to take. Now if it was adults only, It wouldn't be so bad I guess, but to drag kids into this seems a bit unfair. There is never any real resolution in the end, so now all the kids friends know that their dad isn't exactly nice to them, or that their family is stuck-up and materialistic, or that their mother seems to care way more for their step-dad than for them, or that their mom gets an unusual amount of joy out of bathing the family horse.

I just have a feeling that somewhere along the line somebody is going to end up saying "I wish I hadn't been on that show".

Was anyone surprised at the Florida woman? I kept expecting a snob and really didn't feel that from her at all. Her friends were nice too. I liked both mom's pretty well although it appears that NY mom is getting ready for a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2179758;
    I really just wanted to smack both fathers upside the head. Maurice seems so unjustifiably angry at his kids all the time, like they're holding him back from some life he would otherwise have. Or, maybe since he does something with youth corrections, he's got a jaded view of all kids, even his own. And Marco is seemingly so disrespectful to his wife, he sets a bad example for his boys.
    I really don't know what Maurice's problem is exactly but, I'm going to speculate that he carries a lot of grudges and regrets of not accomplishing goals he had for himself before he started a family. Feelings of not non-accomplishment can manifest in behaviors that aren't conducive to family life. It manifests as belittling, hot tempers, and depression.

He probably doesn't appreciate those that care and love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2180466;
    I really don't know what Maurice's problem is exactly but, I'm going to speculate that he carries a lot of grudges and regrets of not accomplishing goals he had for himself before he started a family. Feelings of not non-accomplishment can manifest in behaviors that aren't conducive to family life. It manifests as belittling, hot tempers, and depression.

He probably doesn't appreciate those that care and love him.
    He told the DeConcilii Mom that he didn't have affection from his own Mom at all.

He just didn't have positive experiences growing up and probably doesn't feel confident to try to be affectionate............hopefu lly with the show, he will see the importance of giving his children positive attention.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey
    I hope I remember to watch come Friday, but sometimes I forget about this show...

I liked both women and felt really bad for the Miami children, who seemed to be non-entities where their father is concerned. And if the letter to his wife is a letter that addresses the breakup of their marriage, then I'm going to write this show off because Fox should not be using the painful experience of a marriage breaking up for entertainment (or ratings) purposes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast