+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General question about TS in General

General question about TS in General

I wasn't sure where to put this so if it gets moved its ok. But my question is, with the other moms deciding how the money is spent, does that mean that the family has to abide by it, or are they simply suggestions as to how it should be spent ?. I just wondered. Thanks !.

The way the show presents it you have to abide by those rules. However, I have always wondered how they get around the whole tax issue. Does the show pay your taxes above and beyond the prize money? I think that's illegal.

Actually, the more I think about it I'm sure that you have to abide by the way the other mom decides it should be spent. In this show's first season, I was the recapper for a while and I got to know the "barefoot" family in Santa Cruz a little bit. (They are really cool folks, by the way - and editing played a HUGE part in what we saw on their episodes. They do drink coffee, watch TV, and play video games, which the show completely lied about by splicing in different answers to the traded mom's questions. But anyway...) So they told me that they had to abide by what the other mom had decided.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Wow - what a drag. After having gone through two weeks of this kind of bedlam, the least they could do is allow the families some say in how the money is spent.

BTW, I was going to PM you, Hepcat… I was reading some of those old recaps the other day, and thoroughly enjoyed them. I'd forgotten how much I loved your recaps! I miss those contributions.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Newbie

Parents don't have to follow the letter!!

Quote Originally Posted by jengage;2137474;
    I wasn't sure where to put this so if it gets moved its ok. But my question is, with the other moms deciding how the money is spent, does that mean that the family has to abide by it, or are they simply suggestions as to how it should be spent ?. I just wondered. Thanks !.
    I was involved in the Kahn-Robson show and they parents DO NOT have to follow any of the rules with the money. that is all made up. Wendy and Michael were able to use all the money for themselves and didnt give any to the girls. One girl got a laptop, the other one didnt and they kept the rest. They also kept the money that tom designated to use for the trip with his girls

It makes the show not as interesting that is for sure.

That's terrible. That was to be the girls' money.

If that is true Wendy is even more selfish than she seemed on television.

Quote Originally Posted by homey1234;2139930;
    I was involved in the Kahn-Robson show and they parents DO NOT have to follow any of the rules with the money. that is all made up. Wendy and Michael were able to use all the money for themselves and didnt give any to the girls. One girl got a laptop, the other one didnt and they kept the rest. They also kept the money that tom designated to use for the trip with his girls

Wow, that's shocking! How is the tax issue handled?

Can you give us any details about who you are? Welcome to the site!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by homey1234;2139930;

That's interesting. I thought I had read somewhere in a past TS thread where one of the families actually wrote in and said they had to abide by the letter, but there might be some ways to slightly change it. (IE - let's say 20,000.00 for a new room, well the room costs 10,000.00 so there's 10,000.00 left to do as they wish.) May I ask what your involvement was with this episode?

+ Reply to Thread