+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11/10 Discussion Thread

FORT Newbie
    I felt so strongly about this episode that I had to sign up to write about it!

If I had to sum up Wendy in 2 words, they would be "fake" and the other I can't say without getting kicked off the website. That chick needs to have her children taken away from her....and don't get me started on the Aussie jackass. They are perfect for each other.... both are selfish, materialistic, abusive to their children, vain, unattractive, superficial.....I could go on all day!

Can you believe how Wendy and Michael reacted to the disbursement of the $50,000?! Most parents would be happy to have their children provided for, but no, not Wendy and Michael. Now they can't have their dream kitchen.
    Although, we all know that's a lie and that the money would have been spent on Wendy's boobs or liposuction. I got some advice for Wendy....you should save that $6,000 for a face lift! You'll be needing one to rob the cradle again, when your Aussie hubby leaves you for a newer model. Tom, you should thank Michael every day for taking that crazy ho off your hands!

As for Laura and Ed, they have a great family and realize what's really important in life....friends, family and happiness.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

11/10 Discussion Thread

So, do y'all think Michael had an epiphany about the girls or was it all for show?

I cannot believe how jealous Wendy was, but it confirms that she really has materialism issues. I strongly suspected so last week, with all that "how much is the beach house" crap, but being jealous of her children was just icky.

OH, my goodness. This show came on while I was online, TiVo changed the channel to it. So all of a sudden there they all were. First off...

Michael is a boy toy? He looks like the hind end of a donkey. (So I thought, okay, he's got no money and isn't a hunk - so going by Wendy's scale of importance, why did she ditch hubby for him?) But at the last bit of the show, I could see why Wendy wants him around. He focuses totally on her. In a cheezy, fakey way, but on her.

I was stupidly hoping that something the other mom said would get through to her. Nothing. She just was insulted that anyone would criticise her family in any way. I couldn't believe that all she heard was that everything isn't perfect.

I really, truly hope that the girls' father sees both episodes, and asks the girls to live with him. He seems like a person who cares about how others feel. Wendy and her cloy toy don't even notice that others exist.

Why does Michael keep trying to force the girls to do whatever his whim is about their needs? If they are not hungry or don't like bike riding, then try waiting until they ARE hungry, or suggesting another form of famliy outing or exercise, if that's their worry. And I think the only reason they're pushing teh girls to bike ride is because Michael & Wendy are solely focused upon appearances. And that, solely because the girls reflect back on them.

Wendy is a toxic narcissist. I feel really really sorry for her ex husband. And Michael...when he said he didn't want to send out any psychological cripples - two thoughts: "Like you?" and "But you seem hell-bent on it, to me!".

I'm cooling down a bit now, but when the show finished at first, I was seething. It's just wrong. I haven't even watched the allocation yet. I have a feeling it'll set me going again.

ETA: Just saw what the Kahns got. :oooh, sick burn. (This episode's brought out my inner Bart Simpson, Lol.) HA. And this just occured to me: who Wendy & Michael remind me of. Ruthless People. The 1980s movie? The Bill Pullman and Anita Morris roles (redhead and her boy toy). Hee. Down to his constantly confused facial expression, and spiky hair. Heehee. Anyone seen it?
    Last edited by Brandy; 11-11-2006 at 01:39 AM.

FORT Fanatic
    Just finished watching this episode. LOVE how Fox edited Wendy & Michael - especially at the end. Just those last 5 minutes alone should be more than enough for Wendy's ex to get sole custody of the girls.

It's one thing for her to be upset that $44,000 of the money was given to the girls, it's another to go off about how rich they are and don't deserve it in front of them. And to say "Hello, didn't you tell her your grandmother just died, you don't need the money" - what a [fill in the blank].

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wendy looks upon the girls as 1) a source of income and 2) a status symbol (hence her obsession that they look good), after all if they didn't do something to benefit her I have no doubt she would've left them with daddy when she ran off with her "boy toy"

I thought the same thing - she has the girls only because "they have more money than God" as Wendy put it, and for the child support payments. Wendy still works for her ex's realty company? He must be one easygoing guy. He should fire her, and take the kids. I guess this trade has brought out the ruthless person in me, too

It was so apparent she is more into her new husband than her daughters. Those poor sweet girls. You could see in their eyes how hurt, sad and uncomfortable they were. The mom and stepdad are outright selfish. In my opinion, I think those girls deserved every penny of the money (and more) for having to put up with such an inconsiderate mom. I think the closing shot of the show said it all.

P.S. I really try not to watch this show. I always seem to get so upset when I do.

Did you feel he (Michael) was creepy as well as unlikable, applesauce? I got a creepy vibe off him in that lake scene (only saw the clip from Pt. 2).

PS, hee-hee:

I just thought both episodes were great !. I liked the blonde mom more. What I didn't like was, in the first episode, when the red haired mom kept going on and wanting to know how much they paid for that lot, or house, whichever it was. I kept waiting on the dad to look at her and tell it was none of her "dern" business.
    And the red haired lady's hubby !. OMG !. What a jerk !. How old is he ?. 5 ?. I kept waiting on Dr. Phil to open a door and ask him what the heck he's thinking !.
    In the first ep, when the red haired mom was making dinner, and then she ran next door and just sat there chatting away while they were waiting on her to come back and finish dinner ?. I was surprised they all didn't just give up and go to a fast food restaurant, or eat a bowl of cereal, or make a sandwich. LOL. My hubby would've killed me if I'd done that. My ds is always fed and in bed by a decent hour.
    Oh, and in the second ep, when they were at the pig roasting. I felt like that was uncalled for, the way she called the dad out about the way he was dressed and told him to go shower right there in front of everyone ?. What was up with that ?!. Even though I do agree, if he knew he had guests coming over, he could've at least cleaned up a little. But to call him out like that in front of his guests ?!. Oh man !.
    And the way the red haired mom went on about how the other mom allocated the money ?. Well at least someone is thinking of those girls , because their own mother wasn't !. Ok off the soapox for now............. Have a great weekend !.

Kao
    I watched only the first 5 minutes of the first episode of this before i had to turn it off because it was too painful to watch. The family dynamics in that house really pissed me off, you NEVER put someone over your kids, they should always come first. Those girls are going to grow up hating her!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2137196;
    Did you feel he (Michael) was creepy as well as unlikable, applesauce? I got a creepy vibe off him in that lake scene (only saw the clip from Pt. 2).

PS, hee-hee:

Brandy, YES! I totally got the creepy vibe. It was something about the eyes.

Love the pictures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast