+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TS, the bayou and Katrina

TS, the bayou and Katrina

Does anyone know how the cajun family fared in Katrina's aftermath? They're the ones with the very precocious little boy. They offered boat rides through the bayou and had a huge collection of gator skulls. I've been thinking about them every day.

FORT Newbie
    Your question is the exact reason why I have registered to this site! I know they are the Loupe family with Diego,Dianne & ZZ. If you hear anything please let me know.I have tried to look them up with different searches but have come up with nothing. Reality shows are always getting negative reviews, but when you know there is a real family out there, there becomes a REAL connection when something like Hurricane Katrina happens.They are in my prayers.

I tried to contact the family and reached a relative of Diana's who happened to be out of the country during the hurricane. He reports:

...but we did manage to talk to Diana on Monday night after the Hurricane had passed. They were all doing well and in very good spirits. Fortunately, they were on the outer band of the Western side of Katrina and came through relatively unscathed. The restaurant had part of its roof torn away and there were broken branches and leaves all over the place; but at that time there was no flooding. The worst part was losing electricity. We have been unable to contact them in the last couple of days, but thatís because the phone service to the area is down. From what we know, electricity will probably not be restored until about Sept 10th. They are giving priority to New Orleans. They will have to rough it a bit until electricity is restored; but they in no way are as bad off as the poor people in New Orleans.

I have answered about 100 e-mails in the last 48-hours on Dianaís behalf, from people who saw the show and were concerned about Diana, ZZ, and Diegoís safety and well being Ė offering their homes, money, whatever, to help. There have also been a lot of enquiries on the Fox message board about their safety.

Thank your readers for their concern, and I will pass all of this on to Diana whenever we hear from them on the phone or when we see them.
    I'm so happy to hear they came through the hurricane. Having no electricity in Louisiana this time of year is no picnic, but we're glad to hear everyone is okay.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thanks Hepcat. I'm glad to hear that they're safe.

FORT Newbie
    I also want to thank you for the information on the Loupe family.

Update! Things are looking up:

My wife and I just received an e-mail from Edwina (Diana and Debiís baby sister) saying electricity was restored at 9:30 pm Thursday night, and they are all doing well. We still canít phone in or out to the area but their quality of life should be returning pretty close to normal. Iím sure ZZ will have some new words of wisdom about all this when we see him next.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I loved that little boy, so I am also thankful for your investigating, Heppy. Good job.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Iím sure ZZ will have some new words of wisdom about all this when we see him next.
    I am so happy to hear that the family is safe. But my question is, why doesn't this kid have his own show? I loved him!

FORT Newbie
    I have tried and tried to find out something. I absolutely fell in love with that family, particularly ZZ- I pray they are alright.

FORT Newbie
    Anyone heard anything about the Loupe family?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast