+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 2/7 Show Discussion**SPOILERS**

Janet's family made me so very sad. Even the house looks sad. It's as if a cloud of unhappiness hangs over it. Those kids look as if they've been miserable for so long that they've forgotten what it's like to be any other way. I believe that's the reason they couldn't open up to MaryBeth. This wasn't the typical "grumpy teen" attitude. This was different. It seems they'd just lost the will to reach towards anyone that might bring them joy, particularly when they know it will be short lived. What will they know about raising a loving family when they have kids of their own?

I totally agree with you Thyme... I felt more sadness than anger towards this family.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    I think i was outwardly shocked when Janet said.. ohh they loved me. Or something to the effect in regards to the kids.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    The ''ghostbuster'' thing was weird, and Janet is just strange and in another world as well. I agree with the others that the Farrel house just seems like a lonely, unhappy household. I can understand that Janet may not approve of the piercing and tattoos her son favours (that's understandable) but everyone in the house is just simply miserable. I hope things do improve for this family eventually.

The other household (Levy Family) in comparision is so different, and everyone is happy. Marybeth seems like a great loving lady, and I don't see anything at all wrong with the house she runs. I think she's doing a good job providing a caring, and loving environment.

That reminds me. I'm so glad the kids weren't freaked out by that ghostbuster team. If Janet just HAD to have someone in to check things out, she could have done it while the little ones were in school. No. She let them stand and watch while strangers roamed about their house (as if Janet and the camera crew didn't have them wound up enough) then called them around the table to hear the results.

Also, I loved MaryBeth's "Thanks Janet" upon hearing that Janet had suggested to her children that their house was haunted.

I'm beginning to wonder if the husbands are given restrictions as to what they can say to curb the new mom's behavior. I first wondered that when Bayou dad let Vegan mom torment the hell out of his son. I assumed he was just being polite until I saw this dad sit quietly with an amused smile on his face while Janet scared his kids. Maybe they're not allowed to speak up. Wow. What folks won't do for money. Then again... perhaps it was editing.

dividing the money

i'm actually suprised at how well janet split the levy's money. i was half expected her to spend it on ghost banishing for the house. you could tell the levy's were anxious to have a college fund for the kids and it seems like janet picked that up.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade
    Don't exaggerate much do you Janet? Did the sculpting class? Had a great party?
    Maybe Janet was returning the favor when Marybeth said she found Janet's family wonderful to be with, which was a total lie. Marybeth said she was dieing to go home.

I'm all for being nice to people, but I don't like it when people pretend something is good when it's utter crap. I noticed that Marybeth's family was so accustomed to being nice that they even pretended that they sort of enjoyed being around Janet. Yeah right. I think when someone is being a jerk you should clearly let them know it so they will stop, rather than allowing them to continue being a jerk indefinitely.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Why was Janet grinning out the window when she was looking for "ghosts?"

I didn't like how Janet's husband said of his four children: "two of them are adopted and the other two are ours." What a way to phrase it. I sincerely hope he doesn't think of them that way.

I'm guessing Janet will claim it's the editing. I thought she was horrid and I feel sorry for her children.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    They all claim editing, except the ones we like. :rolleyes

I was wondering... well, if it was MY house (family/kids/etc) that Janet was at..I'd be TOTALLY upset that 3 other people whom I didn't AGREE to be in my home (ghostbusters) were allowed to go through everything and take pictures. I was going to say something to the extent of suing the producers, etc.. but then, I remembered that the husband was there and he probably signed SOME sort of agreement to allow that to go on.

Janet needs to grow up...she acts like she's in high school still. I didn't see any 'adult' behavior out of her. Eating way too much, chastising everyone (jokingly or serious), lazy, drama queen, jealous, demanding, spiteful, etc..
    I didn't see anything that remotely resembled being a mother. How sad.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789