+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2/7 Show Discussion**SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Selkie
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    Oops. Now I have to retract my snarky comment. Janet did a good job.
    She's still horrid to her own kids.

Hope while she watchs this show with her family she wakes up.
    Thank you, Selkie. Good point.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    For as cheesy as this show is.. and darn it i STILL watch it.. heehe.. It really kinda gets me when the moms come home to a happy family who missed them. But when "J-dog" came home i had to laugh that her family was like so 'whatever'. She needs to go away again and let her family have a vacation. I honestly felt bad for her kids.. Brian does have talent and for her to say no he doesnt was not only rude but mean. If your own mother can't say it what does that say for her as a mother?! Most partents awalys think their kids are the best at whatever.. even if they are not.. shes just mean.. and i can't get over that.

As bad as Janet was, I still think Vegan Mom is the worst, so far.

What town in New York was janet from again? I grew up in upstate, and there are many a selfish mother like this one. I was cringing. That woman thinks nothing of anyone else and that she is God's gift to the world. It brought back so many memories my therapist would be happy I made it through the show.

I liked Marybeth and especially her reaching out to Brian. He was a good enough artist, and you could definately see the pain in his work! I can understand his wanting to be a tattoo artist, no one in his family appreciates his work and doing tattoos it says people like his work so much that they want to carry it with them wherever they go. That mother (Janet) is going to lose all her kids. I grew up with a mother like that (only worse, if you can imagine) and she is left alone, no husband, kids and only a cat that attacks her. Since this woman is afraid of cats, she won't even have that. She needs to wake up and MAKE the coffee and try doing for others.

Half my heart is in Iraq! dvldggal's Avatar
    Dancing with the mailman cause I finally got a letter from my baby!
    Okay...this cheesy show (thanx Firewoman!) sucks me in again. We all know it's good TV to pit such diametrically opposed families but WOW! I just watched the second half this morning on tape and still can't believe how delusional Janet truly is. I'm all for living in Denial occasionally (it's lovely this time of year with my hubby in Iraq...LOL) but you are only supposed to visit, not build monuments to yourself. I'd like to believe that Janet will view the tape and change but considering her take on her experience with Marybeth's family, and her interpretation of events, I'm guessing it just isn't likely.

I'm soooo glad we got to see Brian's artwork. Although some people may have found it disturbing (like his tats/piercings), I found it to be very moving, and beautiful in a haunting (non-Ghostbuster!) way. I'm glad that Marybeth stroked his ego so that he might actually not have his dreams completely crushed. I'm also glad she gave him money to go to school, although I hope he will eventually have enough self confidence to showcase his artwork beyond tattoos.

I will give Janet points for how she split up the money. I actually thought they both did a fairly decent job this time. I have to agree with Janet's younger son that he probably will not be happy with her decisions on how to spend his money. I could so see her spending the money on herself.

Well, I've rambled enough (okay, too much!) but this show did it to me again.
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell

Janet's husband should be niminated for sainthood for putting up with her.

Is it just me. or does Janet look like someone who smells really badly of cigarettes? I don't know. Maybe she just looks like someone who I've known who smelled like cigarettes.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I would have enjoyed being at Janet's house last night. Watching them watching themselves, would have been very interesting.

Half my heart is in Iraq! dvldggal's Avatar
    Dancing with the mailman cause I finally got a letter from my baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey
    I would have enjoyed being at Janet's house last night. Watching them watching themselves, would have been very interesting.
    I'm actually thinking it would have been scary for her children. Can you IMAGINE how she reacted to her kids' reactions to her homecoming...especially poor Brian? Does anyone know which two of her children are the adopted ones?
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    Next week: Yodelling children. The exact reason I avoid my family reunions.
    That's funny!!! I can't wait.
    "...and a time for every season under heaven."

You know it's bad when the dog doesn't get up to say hello. The German shorthair at Janet's house had to be coaxed over to her at the homecoming, and then only showed minimal interest.

Next week looks like a hoot.
    With the yodelling, surely you mean hootenanny
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread