+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegan and Tao: What a match

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Vegan and Tao: What a match

After reading one of Heps amazing recaps.. i headed over to the Tao site of the Abbot family to gain a bit of reality as they see it..

Found this on one of their forums.. the Vegan Villain herself wrote it.. Barbara Gates. I guess no one likes how they are ever eidted on a reality show

http://www.centertao.org/viewtopic.php?t=172

No one looks good under a microscope, or TV editing.

FORT Newbie
    She's such a horrible woman. She just dislikes the truth being revealed to the entire nation when she lives her life in total denial that she is a raging uber-bitch and an extremely mean, cruel, sadistic freak who takes great pleasure in torturing humans and animals. I hate her so much. She thought it was a good show before SHE was on it. In her deluded mind she probably thought that she would be portrayed as a saint on the show instead of what she really is. I can't believe the bitch still thinks that the cajun father and son enjoyed having her when THEY SAID on the show that they DID NOT LIKE HER!!!!!!!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I am really, REALLY sick of hearing people piss and moan about 'editing'.
    It's the new defense for being a reality show train-wreck. Well, maybe not so much NEW defense..it is old. Yeah, it's OLD.

I wish these back-pedalers would find new excuses, something more 'convincing' to me.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    I totally agree. But I do have to say that I am getting a little suspicious about certain scenes. For example, if one of the moms asks the family a question, and they show the family just sitting there with no reaction. Or if they show someone make a face. Now in these situations, editing CAN be done, by cutting and pasting footage. Did the family really just react in silence, or did they omit actual responses, and then just put in footage of some dead space with them just sitting there blankly? Did that girl really make a face in direct response to that, or was that a face she made later in reaction to something else? Sometimes I wonder, especially if things seem really out of place. Hard to describe.

Overall, I think that editing can make small differences in situations like that. But editing cannot conjure up what is actually said and done. I think that sometimes these reality tv participants don't even realize how they really are sometimes, and don't even recognize themselves when they are confronted with the truth - and then they go into denial and excuses.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Yea, I agree cottoncandy (btw, nice nick and avatar..I love the eye! ). There are edited things in ALL of the reality shows..definitely.
    Your examples were perfect. But honestly, every contestant who screams "EDITING" as the problem..they're usually the really odd/wierd/mean/jerky/etc ones who feel they have to have something as a 'defense' for the way they were seen.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by cottoncandy
    I think that sometimes these reality tv participants don't even realize how they really are sometimes, and don't even recognize themselves when they are confronted with the truth - and then they go into denial and excuses."
    In the immortal words of Robert Burns (as best as I can remember, and only loosely translated):

Would some power the gift give us
    to see ourselves as others see us
    It would from many a blunder free us
    And false notions . . .
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Newbie
    They actually edited the fitness twins on Big Brother 5 to be far less obnoxious and despicable than they really were on the live feeds. I know that for a fact. And on the Apprentice, the cast said that they edited Omarosa to be less bad than she really was. So actually I think reality shows edit jerks to be better, not worse than they really are. I think I may have heard that the vegan villain was really worse. I wish they'd re-edit and re-televise the vegan/cajun episodes to show us the vegan villain in her full evilness, with no punches pulled. That would be fun

Don't sign up to do a REALITY show, if you are not prepared for the consequences....If you can't stand the heat, don't even go in the kitchen!!!

Oilpainter, you're so right about BB's Nadria. Part of the fun of the live feeds is seeing how the storylines are edited.

As for Barbara Gates, she acted despicably in many ways that can't be blamed on editing. The country's vegans weren't too pleased when she voluntarily ate alligator. For me, some of her worst moments were at the end when she was so horrible to her children. She snapped angrily at her daughter several times, and her daughter actually scrambled backwards on the couch to sit on her dad.

And what about the way she combed ZZ's hair with her fingers while he sat there looking miserable, embarassed and trapped? Nothing to do with editing.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast